PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFC Championship Game: Vikings @ Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one worried that, if it's a pats-vikings super bowl, the NFL will rig the game so the vikings can win in their own stadium? it would be a great storyline for their franchise...

Fix is already in?

Am I the only one worried that, if it's a pats-vikings super bowl, the NFL will rig the game so the vikings can win in their own stadium? it would be a great storyline for their franchise...
You probably are. The comeback last year could have been derailed by one call any time in the 4th quarter.

Philly is a major market

If its MN/JAX the Puppy Bowl will have higher ratings
Philly is a major market & the SB gets viewers regardless. But, honestly, the casual fan doesn’t care about the 2017 Eagles now that Wentz is down. Not like a Brady - Ben showdown.

Yeah you flat earther types who think the NFL would try to fix a game are gonna have to explain why they didn't fix the 2014 SB. Or the 2016 SB. Cause if ever they were going to fix it out of some vendetta against us it was either during or right after the deflation nonsense.

Philly is a major market & the SB gets viewers regardless. But, honestly, the casual fan doesn’t care about the 2017 Eagles now that Wentz is down. Not like a Brady - Ben showdown.
I tend to agree

IF disaster strikes, can you imagine Eagles vs Jaguars in February !???? Ratings would dive.
Foles vs Bortles! :D:D Final score Eagles 3 Jags 2 and Roger Goodell's hair turns white.

Yeah you flat earther types who think the NFL would try to fix a game are gonna have to explain why they didn't fix the 2014 SB. Or the 2016 SB. Cause if ever they were going to fix it out of some vendetta against us it was either during or right after the deflation nonsense.
On the upside, if they do fix games, we're going to the Super Bowl because Brady going for #6 is WAY better for the NFL than Blake f'n Bortles flopping around out there.

You probably are. The comeback last year could have been derailed by one call any time in the 4th quarter.

yeah, but atlanta didn't play in their own stadium. I'm just talking about the storyline of the vikings winning in their own building.

I'm quite worried about the home field advantage Minnesota will have. Im guessing the crowd will be at minimum 80/20 vikings fans, probably more.

Rooting hard for Philly next week.

I'm quite worried about the home field advantage Minnesota will have. Im guessing the crowd will be at minimum 80/20 vikings fans, probably more.

Vikings fans won't have to worry about travel or getting a hotel for the game. That's a huge advantage. If you look at ticket prices they are already $4500 for cheap seats.

I agree, but...

"There’s something to be said about going into an opposing stadium of 70,000 fans and they're all screaming and cheering for the team we're playing against, and then by the end of the game, most of the fans left are ours. I think that's something you really relish as a football player." --Tom Brady

You know, I could really envision something as bizarre (and seemingly unfair) as a "road game" Super Bowl as being the sort of thing that would galvanize this team, sharpen their focus. To kill the crowd early, they'd would be highly motivated to start fast, maybe even finally score that elusive 1st-Q TD.

My dream is that we at last get one of those 55-10 Super Bowl victories. It's practically the only thing missing from the resume. And maybe, just maybe, my heart can be spared its annual dose of torture.

Feckin lucky-ass vikings had no business winning that game, and NO had no feckin business losing it. Saints should've made that final 1st down, then kicked the game-winner as time expired.

I hope the Eagles tear them to pieces.

I don't think the Vikings won't have the same type of showing on the road in front of a hostile crowd after having spent their emotional reserves on the win over NO. Teams celebrate after big, emotional wins but I think that was their SB and they're not going to have what it takes to overcome road troubles. I'm not very high on the Eagles but I think their defense will be the best unit on the field on Sunday.

In my head, an Eagles vs Pats SB is a given. It'll be an easier SB for us to win than the Colts over Rex and the Bears.

Idc about opponent. I just want us to get there. I am sure the nfl would like pats vs vikings.

Did you see how NE fans turned up for the 2014 and 2016 SB's? The 2016 SB especially was basically a home game for the Patriots. I expect them to flood Minnesota if the team makes it to the dance.

Last edited:
Did you see how NE fans turned up for the 2014 and 2016 SB's? The 2016 SB was basically a home game for the Patriots. I expect them to flood Minnesota if the team makes it to the dance.
I live in Atlanta and the falcons may have the worst "fan" base there is. I was visting family in Pensacola the whole playoffs and super bowl last year. Left the day after the Super Bowl and saw a suv driving back from houston with Falcons stuff painted all over it LMFAO

It wouldn't be 80/20, but Eagles fans would outnumber Patriots fans big time. Likely similar to SB 39. That said, they are still the better matchup than Minny is.

Did you see how NE fans turned up for the 2014 and 2016 SB's? The 2016 SB especially was basically a home game for the Patriots. I expect them to flood Minnesota if the team makes it to the dance.

Agree on outnumbering Atlanta fans. But there were way more Seattle fans at SB 49.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back