PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Next 6 games.

I'm a bit surprised you haven't gone back and edited this post.
:D
What for?

Have you actually watched Washington?

Indy is in Germany. New Orleans is not a guaranteed win.

Then why point out incorrectly who is bad?

I know that you dont follow the NFL. Washington is not bad.
Yes Washington is bad.

What for?

Have you actually watched Washington?

Indy is in Germany. New Orleans is not a guaranteed win.

Have you watched Washington?
They have allowed 36 of their last 4 games, over 30 in each.
What do think they are good at?

Playing in Germany doesn’t mean you are good.

Who said anything about a guaranteed win?

Have you watched Washington?
You havent otherwise you would have watched them go toe to toe with the Eagles.
They have allowed 36 of their last 4 games, over 30 in each.
What do think they are good at?
Scoring points.
Playing in Germany doesn’t mean you are good.
The Patriot's need every edge that can find.
Who said anything about a guaranteed win?

You claim that they are bad teams.

Laughable.

Scoring points.

Laughable.
They are bad teams.
I guess this didn't see them score 3 against Buffalo. Or get destroyed by the Bears.

So we are down to Germany and not a guaranteed win. Even for you, this is a terrible argument, and you are the king of terrible arguments.

Actually resting on Brady's laurels is exactly what he's doing now. He let that cat out of the bag earlier by demanding trust because of "the last 25 years."

Bill has proven quite clearly that he did need Brady to win. His record with this team was 5-13 before Moe Lewis brought us Brady. Then after Brady left it's been 26-28, for a grand total of 31-41 and 4 losing seasons in 5 years. In between it was nothing but rainbows and Lombardis. How much more proof do people need?
That answer he gave earlier this year to why should the fans be optimistic still irks me. "The last 25 years".

Scoring points.

Laughable.
I thought Washington was an OK team until I watched them last night get beaten down by the winless Bears.

IBBTT = In BB They Trust... I and they have seen the GOAT of HC's throughly outcoached by any Team who have a decent QB. We won games against Back up QBs whoopee. :rolleyes:
Bill the Coach has not beaten a starting quarterback since October 9, 2022 (Goff). We're going on a FULL calendar year. In that time period, Bill the Coach has defeated only Zach Wilson , backups, or rookies. And before beating Goff, the last time Bill the Coach defeated a non-backup or rookie was December 6, 2022 in a hurricane in Buffalo...
So, in TWENTY SEVEN games, Bill the Coach has notched TWO wins against starter quality quarterbacks! TWO! and one was in a hurricane!

Bill the Coach has not beaten a starting quarterback since October 9, 2022 (Goff). We're going on a FULL calendar year. In that time period, Bill the Coach has defeated only Zach Wilson , backups, or rookies. And before beating Goff, the last time Bill the Coach defeated a non-backup or rookie was December 6, 2022 in a hurricane in Buffalo...
So, in TWENTY SEVEN games, Bill the Coach has notched TWO wins against starter quality quarterbacks! TWO! and one was in a hurricane!
When's the next one isn't there one off the coast?? :)

They are bad teams.
I guess this didn't see them score 3 against Buffalo. Or get destroyed by the Bears.

So we are down to Germany and not a guaranteed win. Even for you, this is a terrible argument, and you are the king of terrible arguments.
Too funny.

A clueless Pats Fan calling out other teams for being bad. I should expected this since you were the biggest Maroney fan here.

Too funny.

A clueless Pats Fan calling out other teams for being bad. I should expected this since you were the biggest Maroney fan here.
Dancing with the stars Laurence Maroney Ewwwwwwww! you nasty.
Disgusted Steve Carell GIF

I predicted 9-8. After Judon's likely season ender and Gonzalez being out for a while, an underperforming OL and Juju, a bad running game and Jones looking subpar anyway I think that prediction is looking a little optimistic...
Yeah think?

Facts.

Am i the only one hoping we dont win a single other game this season? This draft is said to be the best qb draft ever, if i have to watch mckorkle pretend to be an NFL QB for another season i simply will not watch this product.

Too funny.

They are bad.

And for the 10tb straight year you regurgitate the Maroney BS which is exactly what you resort to when you know you are wrong. It’s your “oh yeah, but” maneuver and it exposes you knowing you are wrong and not being mature enough to admit it.
A bigger man would have just said you saw Washington play pretty well on one side of the ball in one game and didn’t realize they pretty much sucked in all the others. But that’s not you.

Am i the only one hoping we dont win a single other game this season? This draft is said to be the best qb draft ever, if i have to watch mckorkle pretend to be an NFL QB for another season i simply will not watch this product.
The only benefit in losing more games will create a better chance that Bob will actually enforce serious changes to be made this time. He was soft as Charmin with Bill last off-season.

Winning a few games against bad teams to pad your stats and finishing just under .500 will only give fans false hope and enable Bill to keep doing what he’s doing.

OK - SOME PERSPECTIVE - DEFENSE

1) I am a homer and someone who thought that we had a chance at competing for the playoffs, even with the toughest schedule in the league.

2) I thought that we'd be 2-3 after 5 weeks.
============================
Much has happened since the season started, but are really so much worse at 2-3 than we thought to start the year?

3) Yes, we lost our prospect at CB. Are we really that much worse THEN WE PROJECTED in the secondary? Jackson and Peppers will likely produce as much as we expected from the secondary. Of course, it is terrible to lose Gonzalez, but when we predicted 9-10 wins, we had question makrs at FS and expected Gonzalez to be a solid starter. Our SECONDARY is about as good at most expected.

4) Yes, it is terrible to lose Judon, but White is lights out awesome. Also, we are getting fine play from Bently, Tavai and Jennings.
=====================
SOME PERSPECTIVE - OFFENSE

1) I expected Jones to look better than awful.

2) I expected to have better health from the OL. As far as performance, I do like what we have seen from the rookies. It is more than I expected. That being said, we need a line that play together often and well. That could take at least a month or more.

3) I don't know how good our WR's are. I'm OK with our two best: Bourne and Douglas. Parker, Thronton and Boutte are question marks. Shuster has been a bust so far (OK since Douglas basically replaced him in my expectations). So, for me, the WR might have MUCH, MUCH better results with a healthier OL, and a better running game.

THE BIGGEST UNANSWERED QUESTION
is at quarterback.

If Jones can be an NFL quality backup QB, this team could still do well, if all goes right.

Sure, we can win if the Defense is awesome and the OL is top 10, even without top QB play, but even average play at QB would be great, and probably more than we should expect..

Last edited:
We all want to see this team succeed, but pretending the offense isn’t completely dysfunctional and that we don’t have big losses/injuries on defense won’t change anything. It’s a subpar football team right now and all of these so-called bad teams we play aren’t in much worse, if at all, shape than this patriots team.

Being optimistic doesn’t change the reality of this 23 patriots team. Still gonna watch, but it’s bad product on the field through 4 weeks, and there isn’t a quick fix.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back