PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Section Now Available: PatsFans.com LinkSpace

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I put this together probably 5+ years ago and started working on it again over the summer, but we now have a place to share links outside of a thread.

Obviously, on a day-to-day basis, it's nice to share interesting articles, links, videos, funny stuff, etc. Just to break up the mood a bit in here. We don't really have a place like that in here, so I thought it would be nice to have an area like that.

Thanks to all the people who have hopped on and played around with it, I've finally got this pretty much to the point where I'll share it with everyone here.

Link:
Patriots Links - PatsFans.com's LinkSpace

PatsFans.com LinkSpace

I've put together a new section that's similar to a couple of other social sites, with the idea to allow us to be able to share links that don't necessarily warrant their own threads. Whether it's a funny video on YouTube, an interesting article, a Tik Tok, an Instagram Photo, etc. I just wanted us to have an area to be able to break the monotony of the day-to-day and pass along anything here that people might find interesting.

Links posted in the forum are imported in here every few minutes, and attached to your account. Again, I actually initially put this together quite a few years ago, so you'll find that if you've already shared links on the board in the past, they're already in here. If you also used the previous iteration of this and you previously saved any links, they should also still be there.

Sharing Links:
If you look at the top, you'll see the tab where it says "Add Link." Click on that, and it will open up the area where you can paste in a link:

1675293332495.png

Paste in the URL, and then select the appropriate category to attach it to, and then hit the submit button.

If it's a video, a Tweet, a social media link, etc, it should embed into the block. If it's an article, it will add a link along with a thumbnail and list the source:

1675293357720.png

If you want to make any changes you can hit the three dots in the top right, which will open a pop up menu:
1675293830627.png

1) The pencil will allow you to edit the title, and then hit save to update the changes.

2) The crossed-out eye icon will allow you to hide a link you don't want to see in your feed.

3) The flag (it's a Jets flag) will allow you to report a link for review.

GIVING FEEDBACK:
You can hit either of these icons to give feedback:
1675723806961.png
The "Dumpster Fire" one will have no value, but they'll be tracked for mod review in the event someone hits those but not the report. I've found more people would rather hit a funny icon than the report button, so that's what we're going with here.

SAVING A LINK:
If you hit the "Save" button, that will allow you to save it to your account for future reading.

In the menu that will pop up, you can add notes about the link, add tags, select a category for you to categorize it for your own records, or even create a "quick find" phrase for it in the search block.

If you click the "SAVED" link next to your avatar at the top left, the links you've saved show up in there. You can also mark them as "Read" by hitting the book icon, which allows you an easy view of anything you haven't read.

POSTING IMAGES:
A while ago, I added a media gallery to the forum, which is tied into this.

You can add an image here at the top of the navbar via this icon (this is only in the forum):

1675293906781.png

After you've added the image to your account (and it needs to be set for "public" viewing), you click on this tab to toggle the image link:

1675293946379.png

You can find your image using the dropdown menu. Just look for the title you set for your photo, and it will appear there.

Lastly, these icons in the bottom left allow you to copy the URLs either for the link itself (left) or the BB code to post it in a thread (right.
1675293966858.png

The only thing a little wonky still seem to be Facebook embeds, so I'll continue working on that. But go ahead and try it out and report anything odd in this thread.

"LinkSpace" sounds like the name of a social media company BB would make up.
Thought the same thing when I came up with it. Between that and the “dumpster fire” icon, I figured this would be a good way to help lighten the mood a bit over the off-season.

Again, huge thanks to everybody who hopped on and helped test it out and catch a lot of the issues. Definitely really thankful to everyone who took the time, and hopefully this adds something kind of fun to complement things a bit moving forward.

Thought the same thing when I came up with it. Between that and the “dumpster fire” icon, I figured this would be a good way to help lighten the mood a bit over the off-season.
Do yourself a favor, trademark it

i have 50 or so early pats game clips from youtube... 60s, 70s, 80s mostly for now... Was going to make a thread, but this might be just the place for them... Test posted one already... Simple, easy to use... Nice job @Ian

posted a second link...

@Ian Tried to get it to start at the 7:15 mark, when the Pats highlight started... No go though... Vid starts at the beginning... This something that can be tweaked?

Reactions: Ian
posted a second link...

@Ian Tried to get it to start at the 7:15 mark, when the Pats highlight started... No go though... Vid starts at the beginning... This something that can be tweaked?
Interesting. I’ll do some digging and I’ll check.

Briefly had to tweak something that may have temporarily disabled the "Add Bar" briefly over the last few minutes - it's been fixed.

posted a second link...

So it looks like with YouTube, you have to add a time string to the link adding the number of seconds. So for example, it would be 60x7 + 15. It's basically &t=435s that you just need to add to the URL. I think you actually did that (the s was missing at the end) but it's ignoring it on the embed. I'll keep digging into this.

Last edited:
Update: Ignore what I said. I already have it grabbing the embed URL, which will grab the timecode change from now on. I've fixed it and it now starts when it should. :)

Congrats to the Leaders ! (what are they leading?)...

cc7ae2e190ae60213bc22da6386d8696.png

Is it the number of links posted ?

Yes, number of links shared here :)
Oh ok thanks. Obviously it’s not total links on the site (I don’t think I’ve ever posted without a link of some kind lol). Where are the links located? While we’re at it…I seem to be missing some of the new emoji’s….I think (not that I use them much either lol).

Oh ok thanks. Obviously it’s not total links on the site (I don’t think I’ve ever posted without a link of some kind lol). Where are the links located?
They were pulled from URLs in any of your posts in the threads. That’s only the top few, I’m sure you’re in the overall list. Once a few people post a link each day, it also flips to show the daily total and that leaderboard.

But I’ll probably add a page that shows that overall list as well as it evolves.

They were pulled from URLs in any of your posts in the threads. That’s only the top few, I’m sure you’re in the overall list. Once a few people post a link each day, it also flips to show the daily total and that leaderboard.

But I’ll probably add a page that shows that overall list as well as it evolves.
19 years of links I thought would add up…guess not. Thanks for looking into the new emoji’s for me.

Oh ok thanks. Obviously it’s not total links on the site (I don’t think I’ve ever posted without a link of some kind lol). Where are the links located? While we’re at it…I seem to be missing some of the new emoji’s….I think (not that I use them much either lol).
Also, this has been around for 5 or 6 years, albeit it was a previous iteration which I think is what those totals are from. That’s not the complete overall total.

19 years of links I thought would add up…guess not. Thanks for looking into the new emoji’s for me.
Just posted, but it’s not the entire total. I think it’s going back to 2017-ish.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back