PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This off-season is going to be a lot less funny when the Pats are fighting for a one or two seed and drop a game late in the season because none their WRs can get open even with Jules triple covered.
At that point TB will pass to a wide open RB or TE.

Nobody can cover a healthy Julian Edelman. I don't think that's the issue.

The issue is that he is our ONLY quality WR. If he gets hurt stick a fork in our wide receivers corps, we are COOKED.

Pats need to find a quality #2 option at WR. And we have no idea if Gronk is even coming back. TE is also a huge need.

Nobody can cover a healthy Julian Edelman. I don't think that's the issue.

The issue is that he is our ONLY quality WR. If he gets hurt stick a fork in our wide receivers corps, we are COOKED.

Pats need to find a quality #2 option at WR. And we have no idea if Gronk is even coming back. TE is also a huge need.

Well, maybe Josh Gordon can stay sober this season . . . Edelman, Dorsett, and Gordon are certainly not a terrible set of WR's. I suspect that M. Harris ( who seems to have good hands and can get separation) will be an upgrade over Hogan who was pretty terrible last season. No idea what to expect from Duke Ellington.

Totally agree... but with soft tissue stuff sometimes a change of training can help. Anybody know a guy that preaches an alternative to conventional football training methods?

The guy who invented the six minute abs?

Well, maybe Josh Gordon can stay sober this season . . . Edelman, Dorsett, and Gordon are certainly not a terrible set of WR's. I suspect that M. Harris ( who seems to have good hands and can get separation) will be an upgrade over Hogan who was pretty terrible last season. No idea what to expect from Duke Ellington.

I was thinking along the same lines. JE, Gordon, Dorsett, just one of the newbys stick at 3 or 4, and a draftee -- with Gronk at TE and White,Rex out of the backfield? We've had a lot worse. But that hinges A LOT on Gordon being allowed to play and keeping his sh!+ square and Gronk actually playing(I suspect? he will).
However, without Gordon to fill that 'Gordon' role the picture gets a hell of a lot cloudier (at least right now. There's still a lot of time left for roster building).

Dorsett sure seems like he' can and should be notably more of the 2019 receiving production. Anything less than that will be be disappointing, imho..

If Ellington can stay healthy for 8 games it will be a miracle.

If Harris can out run a fire hydrant, it will be a miracle.

If Dorsett can duplicate last year’s production, it will be a miracle.

If Gordon starts snorting all the white lines on the field, it will be a normal day for him.

Yes we need help at the receiver position!!!!

Still have to believe that there is a plan out there somewhere that was hatched in the bowels of Gillette..

Draft?? June Cuts?? Coached up newly signed WR??

Have thought all along that with #32 and #56 they will target a TE..

To many ifs to disregard upgrading a WR corp.At least one should be taken in draft. I am also a proponent of a vet WR who will replace Hogan.Nelson or Cobb comes to mind if they are cheap enough.

I was thinking along the same lines. JE, Gordon, Dorsett, just one of the newbys stick at 3 or 4, and a draftee -- with Gronk at TE and White,Rex out of the backfield? We've had a lot worse. But that hinges A LOT on Gordon being allowed to play and keeping his sh!+ square and Gronk actually playing(I suspect? he will).
However, without Gordon to fill that 'Gordon' role the picture gets a hell of a lot cloudier (at least right now. There's still a lot of time left for roster building).

Dorsett sure seems like he' can and should be notably more of the 2019 receiving production. Anything less than that will be be disappointing, imho..

People seem pretty disappointed by the 2 free agents WR's we signed but I'm keeping an open mind. Humphries couldn't look at 2 numbers and figure out which one was higher so I'm skeptical he had the smarts to grasp our offense.:D

Maurice Harris has a catching percentage comparable to Wes Welker's when he was with the Dolphins.
Ellington's catch percentage was over 70% with 42 targets; Hogan's was 63.6% with 55 targets. If he stays healthy and picks up the offense, Ellington's a younger, cheaper upgrade of Hogan.

I saw a few Washington games and believe me this guy can catch the ball. 5 games in a row was targeted 26 times and dropped only 3 of them. Versus Packers was used more often and unexpectedly caught over 120 yards. I am not saying he is next Moss but could be useful for us.

We will have at least 10 WR's in camp. It is just possible that Ellington or Harris make the 53. It is also reasonable to believe that neither will make the 53.

I hope that Brady spends lots and lots of time with Dorsett in the coming months. If Brady can be confident in Dorsett, then Dorsett can be an important part of the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News