PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am intrigued by Maurice Harris. Not saying he will be anything special or even makes it through camp. But for now he looks like the most interesting addition on offense so far.
I watched his highlights vs ATL...certainly impressive.

I’m really worried about Jules staying healthy. It seems like every other year he gets hurt. If he goes down we’re screwed.
Plus hes up there in age. We talk about Gronk with a lot of damage. How Jules stays in one piece AND kicks ass is beyond me.

Can anyone tell me who these guys are?

Honestly don’t recall them which is odd. I have an eidetic memory

I am sure Dorsett and Berrios are giving each other High fives and laughing.:rolleyes: We are definitely Triple Dipping at WR in the 2019 Draft a move Feared by the Majority here.

Well we re-signed Dorsett and we add Maurice Harris and Bruce Ellington as free agents.

At least we have warm bodies to fill in at WR.

The guy who might surprise is Maurice Harris. His body type reminds me of a Brandon Lafell. If he could fill that big bodied outside receiver role for the Pats that would be great.

The main question for me is can these new WRs learn the Pats system and run the proper routes based on reading the defense?

At least Dorsett will be a familiar face.

I saw Bruce Ellington play every game of his college career. He is a phenomenal athlete. He actually arrived at Carolina on a basketball scholarship and was the starting point guard. He is quicker than he is fast. Quick twitch type of guy. Good but not elite hands, but i think he should be productive in the offense IF he stays healthy.

Ellington is a very interesting pickup. He played basketball at South Carolina for a season or two and is physically a beast 5'10, 200. Unlike Dorcette, he can out muscle DBs for the ball. His brother was a running back for Clemson. He's like a shorter version of Patterson. My guess is that he'll be that Swiss Army Knife receiver who can block like crazy, run the sweep and be a short yardage target. Think Amendola, only stronger, in short yardage.

The two WRs they signed - Ellington and Harris - are both veterans who bring some skill and size to the position which is necessary. Harris is 6'3", 201 (compared to Josh Gordon who is 6'3" 225). If Gordon comes back there will be good size outside the tackles.

Ellington & Harris: useless, tackling-dummy-talent junk who were signed way, Way, WAY TOO EARLY in the free agency process.

And don't even get me started on Terrence Brooks...

Ellington & Harris: useless, tackling-dummy-talent junk who were signed way, Way, WAY TOO EARLY in the free agency process.

And don't even get me started on Terrence Brooks...
And we suck again...

And we suck again...

h0f6pas019sz.png

Just whatever happens, no joke names on the team for a year.

What is a wide receiver? Do any of these count?

gronk.jpgjw.jpg
jd.jpg

...of course I'm being facetious. obviously we need to add a few bodies to the position. But the patriots play many players outside the numbers. They need a full compliment of pass catchers, whether they are a WR, RB, TE or FB doesn't matter much.

Long and short. They will make it work. In BB we trust.

What is a wide receiver? Do any of these count?

View attachment 22841View attachment 22839
View attachment 22840

...of course I'm being facetious. obviously we need to add a few bodies to the position. But the patriots play many players outside the numbers. They need a full compliment of pass catchers, whether they are a WR, RB, TE or FB doesn't matter much.

Long and short. They will make it work. In BB we trust.

I’m down with that notion. He seems to coach up guys and every year finds players that are good enough.

This off-season is going to be a lot less funny when the Pats are fighting for a one or two seed and drop a game late in the season because none their WRs can get open even with Jules triple covered.

This off-season is going to be a lot less funny when the Pats are fighting for a one or two seed and drop a game late in the season because none their WRs can get open even with Jules triple covered.
panic-attack.jpg

I guess that you missed last season.

How is this year different? I presume that we'll add some to replace Hogan on the roster.

I’m down with that notion. He seems to coach up guys and every year finds players that are good enough.

I've been a fan since 1979. I missed the part where the patriots do a good job in coaching up wide receivers.

Harris looks like he's pretty good at getting open and catching the ball. What other qualifications do you really need in a WR besides that?

I've been a fan since 1979. I missed the part where the patriots do a good job in coaching up wide receivers.

Can’t argue that point. I’m hopeful that this is a year where we finally find a guy who can catch.

Much of the problem is the complexity of the passing schemes. I strongly favor keeping them, but it is an issue.

The new receivers need the coaching staff, Brady and Hoyer to start working with them as soon as they are on board. Brady has many months to build confidence with at least some of these guys. Obviously, Dorsett should be given special attention. Dorsett needs to be made more valuable to the offense. Brady should be able to count on Edelman, Gordon, Dorsett, White, Burkhead and Gronkowksi. There should also be a valuable mid-level player to replace Hogan. Hopefully, another player or two can step up. We have Harris, Ellington. and Berrios, with several more to come.

Can’t argue that point. I’m hopeful that this is a year where we finally find a guy who can catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes