PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New Feature - Browser Notifications - Please Read (EDIT: Now Active)

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
at the bottom of the page, you'll see a notification to allow Push notifications. This new feature works primarily in your browser, allowing you to get notified if someone replies, drops a rating, etc.

The way it works is this: If you're in a thread discussing something and open up a tab in another window to read something (leaving the board open in another tab), if someone replies, rates a post, sends you a PM, etc., you'll get a little notification that will pop up to let you know. It's strictly a board user notification, it's not related to anything else (it's not connected to the normal site content) so obviously there's no spam, etc. It's also just on your desktop for now, not on mobile at this time:

1599533882196.png

So feel free to try it out. If you don't like it, you can simply disable them but obviously feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
These were just enabled.

I've had these running and haven't found them too annoying. Anyone else tried this out?

I just saw this, thanks because I was getting the push notification and was wondering what to do. I'll try it out.

Reactions: Ian
It works good on my phone. Doesn't seem to work on desktop.

OK, I see the pop-ups on my desktop now. They're fine, works well.

Reactions: Ian
Actually, I just noticed that if you hit the pop-up, it opens a new tab every time. Is there a way to just let it change page on the open PF tab?

Actually, I just noticed that if you hit the pop-up, it opens a new tab every time. Is there a way to just let it change page on the open PF tab?
Good question. I’ll have to look into that when I get home.

This had been disabled, but we've been running well enough, even during high-traffic times, where I'm reactivating it as a few people were disappointed when I first disabled it way back when.

So should you see the alert, this is what it's for.

I initially disabled this due to resources, but again, the offseason fixes have had things running better this season so hopefully this is useful. I believe this also works on mobile with Android, but not with iOS at this time. Also isn't working for MAC, but I'll look into that over the offseason as I believe I have to sign up for a developer account, which I think is like $100 or something. :rolleyes:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back