PatsFans.com - Mobile
PatsFans.com
Search

New Feature - Browser Notifications - Please Read (EDIT: Now Active)

2021 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
at the bottom of the page, you'll see a notification to allow Push notifications. This new feature works primarily in your browser, allowing you to get notified if someone replies, drops a rating, etc.

The way it works is this: If you're in a thread discussing something and open up a tab in another window to read something (leaving the board open in another tab), if someone replies, rates a post, sends you a PM, etc., you'll get a little notification that will pop up to let you know. It's strictly a board user notification, it's not related to anything else (it's not connected to the normal site content) so obviously there's no spam, etc. It's also just on your desktop for now, not on mobile at this time:

1599533882196.png

So feel free to try it out. If you don't like it, you can simply disable them but obviously feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
I've had these running and haven't found them too annoying. Anyone else tried this out?

venecol

The FRG has a little ****
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
I just saw this, thanks because I was getting the push notification and was wondering what to do. I'll try it out.

Reactions: Ian

venecol

PatsFans.com Supporter
It works good on my phone. Doesn't seem to work on desktop.

venecol

PatsFans.com Supporter
OK, I see the pop-ups on my desktop now. They're fine, works well.

Reactions: Ian

venecol

PatsFans.com Supporter
Actually, I just noticed that if you hit the pop-up, it opens a new tab every time. Is there a way to just let it change page on the open PF tab?

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
Actually, I just noticed that if you hit the pop-up, it opens a new tab every time. Is there a way to just let it change page on the open PF tab?
Good question. I’ll have to look into that when I get home.