PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Tom Brady Reacts To Buccaneers Scheduled Matchup With Patriots In October

I do think it will be a fascinating game on so many levels. The one aspect no one really seems to be talking about is how we score on that Tampa D? That is my biggest concern going into the game. I trust that Bill can devise a plan to at least slow Brady down but that Tampa D is ferocious.
And Cam Newton is our QB.

And the best part of our offense (Harris and the running backs) just happens to match up poorly with what the Bucs defense does well.

Yay?

Last edited:
OK, Francis

Does anyone remember Brady trotting out on the gridiron with a straight jacket on?

So if Brady wins.....it's single handedly with nobody helping..... but if he loses it's he's hamstrung.

What's the real story?
I didnt come close to saying that. Name another player that was instrumental in the 6 superbowl wins and the nine Superbowl appearances. There isnt one. He had a team with him but there wasnt a single team that didnt have Brady.

I do think it will be a fascinating game on so many levels. The one aspect no one really seems to be talking about is how we score on that Tampa D? That is my biggest concern going into the game. I trust that Bill can devise a plan to at least slow Brady down but that Tampa D is ferocious.
And he's gotta do it with either a horrible QB or a rookie.

Sounds like you had great parents.
Yea they were/are good sports parents. They def weren't the overbearing/hyper-involved wacko parents you sometimes see.
It would be a little different if that coach got you a full scholarship to a great university, a choice job, and when everyone wanted you fired over a bad performance on Monday Night Sales Presentation, the coach tells everyone we are on to the next customer.
LOL

Is it possible Ernie "retired" to make Brady think we won't cheat? Ernie will probably shave the stache and disguise himself as a young intern.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
One thing is for sure - Kraft and Bill made a colossal mistake not extending Brady back in 17 and 18. The fanfare for this game in mid-May along with SB ticket prices, shows just how much they lost when they let the GOAT walk.

One thing is for sure - Kraft and Bill made a colossal mistake not extending Brady back in 17 and 18. The fanfare for this game in mid-May along with SB ticket prices, shows just how much they lost when they let the GOAT walk.
Tom didn't want to be here.

Are you an adult?
Why yes, I am, thank you, and I'm one who went through a very similar experience to this - and never once disparaged the company that gave me a chance, even after a nasty breakup.

He did back in 2017 and 2018 when he was asking for an extension and didn't get one.
Money wasn't solving anything. Main reason why an extension was not done.

Money wasn't solving anything. Main reason why an extension was not done.
True, but I really wish they had just asked him what he wanted and given it to him - even if that meant a tough couple of years and overpaying Brady if he had declined.

I think he earned that, and from a fan perspective, it would have been more enjoyable.

True, but I really wish they had just asked him what he wanted and given it to him - even if that meant a tough couple of years and overpaying Brady if he had declined.

I think he earned that, and from a fan perspective, it would have been more enjoyable.
I hear you. Seeing Tom walk was extremely painful for many fans. Myself included. But as is the root of all TB12 arguments, one side wishes the NEP did whatever (see beyond money) would have made him happy and stayed. I get it.

As sucky as it was for him to walk, other fans (like me) didn't want to live though another "Big 3" gradual decline/slow rebuild and preferred to see the team rip the bandaid off, live with a down year, and rebuild/reload ASAP.

Frankly I don't think Tom wanted that either.

I hear you. Seeing Tom walk was extremely painful for many fans. Myself included. But as is the root of all TB12 arguments, one side wishes the NEP did whatever (see beyond money) would have made him happy and stayed. I get it.

As sucky as it was for him to walk, other fans (like me) didn't want to live though another "Big 3" gradual decline/slow rebuild and preferred to see the team rip the bandaid off, live with a down year, and rebuild/reload ASAP.

Frankly I don't think Tom wanted that either.
These are good points. I think what is extremely tough which only came to light last year is that Tom is still completely capable of winning chips with a solid roster. The fact that Bill let the roster deteriorate so poorly is the part for me that is tough to swallow. That being said, every GM has cold spells too so I try to be balanced in my view of him but he royally messed up the final chapter of the GOATs career which cost us the chance at more chips and also having Brady retire as a Patriot.

These are good points. I think what is extremely tough which only came to light last year is that Tom is still completely capable of winning chips with a solid roster. The fact that Bill let the roster deteriorate so poorly is the part for me that is tough to swallow. That being said, every GM has cold spells too so I try to be balanced in my view of him but he royally messed up the final chapter of the GOATs career which cost us the chance at more chips and also having Brady retire as a Patriot.
I think Bill did everything he could in 2019 to field a winner. As you say, every move turned into **** except Jamie Collins. AB, Sanu, Bennett, Andrews, Develin and Gronk were duds or gone plus other solid role players took a step back. Picking in the late 20s and 30s every year and having picks taken away didn't help. Despite what our fan base thinks teams normally aren't in the Super Bowl every year.

2020 was always going to be a pay down the credit card year- with our without Tom.

Last edited:
I think Bill did everything he could in 2019 to field a winner. As you say, every move turned into **** except Jamie Collins. AB, Sanu, Bennett, Andrews, Develin and Gronk gone plus other solid role players. Picking in the late 20s and 30s every year and having picks taken away didn't help. Despite what our fan base thinks team normally aren't in the Super Bowl every year.

2020 was always going to be a pay down the credit card year- with our without Tom.
The issue was 2019 became what it was because the drafts were so bad prior but we don't need rehash all of that. It is just a real bummer that ending was so crappy all around.

The issue was 2019 became what it was because the drafts were so bad prior but we don't need rehash all of that. It is just a real bummer that ending was so crappy all around.
The bad drafts are overblown and expectations are not reality.

Yes the ending sucked but it was going to happen now or later.

The bad drafts are overblown and expectations are not reality.

Yes the ending sucked but it was going to happen now or later.
It could have been a better ending with more chips if the roster was not mismanaged.

It could have been a better ending with more chips if the roster was not mismanaged.
Doubtful and highly unlikely when you pick in the late 20s and 30s for 10 straight years. Can't draft blue-chippers like Gronk, Thuney and Mason every year.

It is hilarious how so many so-called Patriots fans are attacking Brady with the same nonsense we saw from all the Brady hating trolls these past 20 years.... it's just a matter of time before someone in here criticizes him for fathering a child out of wedlock....

these dudes are so lame it’s ****ing embarrassing

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back