PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Still Hamstrung By Tom Brady Even After Departure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely disagree. We had the BEST and he was thrown out like garbage. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. It wasn't right.
And the team is paying the price and will be paying the price for the foreseeable future. This Garropolo love fest in here, makes me sick. Can't stand him. So Brady was supposed to just give up his job to this kid to make all of you happy. So disrespectful. What has happened to this team is not Brady's fault. Coach B made up his mind and did what he felt was best. We have to live with it.

But by all means blame Brady for everything. You can blame him if the team doesn't make the playoffs too.
Brady took over the team with TB12 and Gisselle raising egg laying hens in Brookline, Mass.

It became quite nutty. BB wanted control back and now he has it.

Brady took over the team with TB12 and Gisselle raising egg laying hens in Brookline, Mass.

It became quite nutty. BB wanted control back and now he has it.
I raise egg laying hens. How is that weird?

Reactions: Ian
This deserves a pulitzer...

Because Brady is rumored to have gone to Kraft and have Jimmy shipped out of town. Brady was threatened by Jimmy.
I have never understood this take. The Patriots are the last organization on earth that would let any player decide about trading another player especially the QB position. Even if Brady did talk to Kraft, it was STILL Kraft/Bill's decision to trade Jimmy and keep Brady. I mean a player is supposed to lobby to keep his job.

Brady played two great playoff games in even getting to that Super Bowl.
People like to cherry pick one game, but refuse to acknowledge how they got there. Just like how the Author fails to realize the game didn't just start 13-3 late in the 4th Q.

I have never understood this take. The Patriots are the last organization on earth that would let any player decide about trading another player especially the QB position. Even if Brady did talk to Kraft, it was STILL Kraft/Bill's decision to trade Jimmy and keep Brady. I mean a player is supposed to lobby to keep his job.

The take also assumes that people around the league are liars. For instance Lynch of the 49ers, who asked for Brady, was rebuffed, then ended up with Garoppolo. And if you hear Lynch talk about it, it's not that he asked for Brady, then Belichick went to Kraft who said no, so BB returned with a no. Lynch said that Belichick laughed at him when he asked. BB shot him down in a split second. We might not know why it happened, there are other possibilities other than the obvious one that BB intended to keep Brady, but it is still a story that is entirely different than the one being peddled by a couple reporters in New England.

This article is like me saying I had a 2000 Honda Accord and around 2013 I thought it may not make it much longer so I saved up a bunch of money to get a new one. For a few years after I had saved the money the car was just as great and reliable as always so I decided to spend the money. That is until last year when it had a few issues because I decided not to give it any oil, change the tires, or do any sort of maintenance at all to help my old car out. Because this car decided it wasn't going to perform at peak levels through my neglect I decided to give the car away to anyone who wanted it because I was sick of it. Now I have no money and no car and I blame the Honda Accord.

The 13-3 thing is beyond stupid. Pats averaged 30 points a game that post season.

Does anyone expect the Patriots to land a better QB than Jimmy Garoppolo in the next 2 years?

I do.

One that is better at protecting the ball. Not throwing INTs. One that is less fragile.

It's not going to be very difficult.

I'd submit that Tannehill is a better QB than Jimmy G., in the sense that he's the one you'd rather have leading your team.

Because Brady is rumored to have gone to Kraft and have Jimmy shipped out of town. Brady was threatened by Jimmy.
Hard to use rumored occurrence as fact. There are egos in play here for sure but we’ll never know how it went down unless all parties agree on an account. I’ll still take that sixth banner with Brady over “what-ifs” with Jimmah.

Last edited:
The 13-3 thing is beyond stupid. Pats averaged 30 points a game that post season.
Right? People forget that Wade schemes more often than not give Brady fits, he just knows how to confuse Tom. I don’t see Jimmy hitting Gronk to set them up at the goal line in LIII. He struggled mightily during the 4th qtr in LIV, missing Sanders and generally everyone else.

But to the author, Jimmy didn’t blow a 10 point lead, that was Shanahan refusing to stick to the run during crunch time (where have we seen THAT before? ;)). Also, SF’s secondary taking massive dumps at key moments at the end were the larger factors.

Brady has indicated for years that he wanted to play until his mid 40's and wanted a long term deal. Getting the deal he wanted would have meant the Pats would move on from JG as they would not have been able to keep both. Does not mean that he was threatened by JG - or demanded he be gone. It just means he wanted a commitment from the team. BB was obviously reticent to offer that type of deal due to age and cap implications so they ultimately parted ways.

WHY are Bob George "columns" still allowed on this website? His writing is poor, his lack of knowledge is embarrassing and his perspectives are without exception negative/anti-Patriots.
Also:
- Looks like George Castanza from Seinfeld (in fact, I propose that we call him Bob George Castanza)
- Two first names
- One more and he ties the family record with David Lloyd George, British prime minister at the Treaty of Versailles, not front man (?) of Culture Club
- He is to writing as distant cousin Jeff George was to quarterbacking. I take it back. Rumor was, for about 20 years, that Jeff had all the natural tools for the position.

That is all

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye