NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Still Hamstrung By Tom Brady Even After Departure

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Still Hamstrung By Tom Brady Even After Departure
Bob George
Brady left the Patriots at the end of the 2019 season, and now those three Super Bowls and four appearances seem more like a bad thing and not a good thing.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

"The score was 13-3 and the Rams offense wasn’t going to have any say in the final outcome. That was a game that didn’t require Brady like the other Super Bowl wins did"

The score was 3-3 when Tom led them downfield with a spectacular Gronk catch to set up the Michel TD midway through the 4th Q. That changed the game. The Gilmore INT and the drive making 13-3 pretty much sealed it.

"Not that you would want to give back those three Vinces, but moving forward, was holding on to Brady the best thing for the Patriots?"

Patriots only won one ring after trading Jimmy G to the 49ers. And yes, keeping Brady during that time was the right call as I'd put my money on the GOAT any day over a guy who's only played 1.5 games.

Last edited:
50529856.jpg

"Now those three Super Bowls and four appearances seem more like a bad thing and not a good thing. "

Might be one of the most bizarre things I've ever read.
I know. I read that and had to read it again but that's a stunning dumb statement. This guy would trade three Super Bowl titles for Jimmy G?

Other franchises would kill to have just one Super Bowl title let alone three...and there was a 10 year drought between their third title and their fourth.

I just don't get where you can say that three Super Bowl titles out of 4 trips is a bad thing. There's no way to square that circle.

Patriots Still Hamstrung By Tom Brady Even After Departure
Bob George
Brady left the Patriots at the end of the 2019 season, and now those three Super Bowls and four appearances seem more like a bad thing and not a good thing.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

WHY are Bob George "columns" still allowed on this website? His writing is poor, his lack of knowledge is embarrassing and his perspectives are without exception negative/anti-Patriots.

"The score was 13-3 and the Rams offense wasn’t going to have any say in the final outcome. That was a game that didn’t require Brady like the other Super Bowl wins did"

The score was 3-3 when Tom led them downfield with a spectacular Gronk catch to set up the Michel TD midway through the 4th Q. That changed the game. The Gilmore INT and the drive making 13-3 pretty much sealed it.

"Not that you would want to give back those three Vinces, but moving forward, was holding on to Brady the best thing for the Patriots?"

Patriots only won one ring after trading Jimmy G to the 49ers. And yes, keeping Brady during that time was the right call as I'd put my money on the GOAT any day over a guy who's only played 1.5 games.

Brady played two great playoff games in even getting to that Super Bowl.

WHY are Bob George "columns" still allowed on this website? His writing is poor, his lack of knowledge is embarrassing and his perspectives are without exception negative/anti-Patriots.
I really only have one hobby; commenting on Bob George's writing skills.
The man loves to start sentences with pronouns....ie.....this is, there is, it is, etc.
My 2nd grade writing teacher Miss Plunck would make a student sit in a corner and beg for forgiveness if he/she ever started a sentence with a pronoun.
My 3rd grade writing teacher Ms. Mumuska would humiliate students if they ever started a sentence with "and" or "but".....Bob's go-to sentence starters when his quota of "this, there, and it" have been all used up.
At least Bob managed to use verbs in this think-piece so........baby steps.

Great article.

I was going to post something along those lines.

BB botched the QB position and its partly his fault and partly Bradys fault. BB was ready for Brady to fall off the cliff when he drafted Jimmy. But Jimmy had the opposite effect on Brady. Instead of Brady handing over the reigns to Jimmy in a peaceful transfer of power, Jimmys presence motivated Brady to play longer, work harder and cheat father time.

Great article.

BB botched the QB position and its partly his fault and partly Bradys fault. BB was ready for Brady to fall off the cliff when he drafted Jimmy. But Jimmy had the opposite effect on Brady. Instead of Brady handing over the reigns to Jimmy in a peaceful transfer of power, Jimmys presence motivated Brady to play longer, work harder and cheat father time.

Kraft gets a lot of blame too in letting Bill decide Brady's fate...ultimately, I think Bill was trying to push Brady out, maybe because Brady was becoming too big for the organization and wanted more power over personnel and other things...

Great article.

How is this Brady's fault?

Because Brady is rumored to have gone to Kraft and have Jimmy shipped out of town. Brady was threatened by Jimmy.
I completely disagree. We had the BEST and he was thrown out like garbage. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. It wasn't right.
And the team is paying the price and will be paying the price for the foreseeable future. This Garropolo love fest in here, makes me sick. Can't stand him. So Brady was supposed to just give up his job to this kid to make all of you happy. So disrespectful. What has happened to this team is not Brady's fault. Coach B made up his mind and did what he felt was best. We have to live with it.

But by all means blame Brady for everything. You can blame him if the team doesn't make the playoffs too.

I completely disagree. We had the BEST and he was thrown out like garbage. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. It wasn't right.
And the team is paying the price and will be paying the price for the foreseeable future. This Garropolo love fest in here, makes me sick. Can't stand him. So Brady was supposed to just give up his job to this kid to make all of you happy. So disrespectful. What has happened to this team is not Brady's fault. Coach B made up his mind and did what he felt was best. We have to live with it.

But by all means blame Brady for everything. You can blame him if the team doesn't make the playoffs too.
But I dont like Jimmy and while I believe that he is better than Cam, Hoyer and Stidham, Im still not sold on him.

He played great yesterday but he is inconsistent.

Brady would struggle to win with these NE WRs and TEs. They are not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back