PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Pairing Cole Strange With David Andrews Sets Up a Nasty Duo For 2022

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Pairing Cole Strange With David Andrews Sets Up a Nasty Duo For 2022
Ian Logue
The more we hear about New England Patriots first-round pick Cole Strange, it’s hard not to get a little excited about the idea of pairing him up with center David Andrews for what should be a nasty offensive line duo in 2022.

The post Patriots Pairing Cole Strange With David Andrews Sets Up a Nasty Duo For 2022 appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

The issue for me isn't Strange69 with Andrews; it's him with Isaiah Wynn/Lose and his ability to cover for our LT's deficiencies like Thuney had to in 2019 & 2020...
given Wynn's injury history the past few seasons Strange will be covering for Lackatalent Scrubbs for most of the season...

Opinions on Wynn vary.

So if I’m reading that chart correctly, Patriots are projected to be in top quarter of the league in pass protection while spending least of any teams in the league on their OL.

and we have posters on this thread *****ing about our OL. Go figure.

The immortal Bernd Buchmasser projects and predicts!! Oh well...THAT proves it. I feel much better now....hey does Bernd have any stock tips?

So if I’m reading that chart correctly, Patriots are projected to be in top quarter of the league in pass protection while spending least of any teams in the league on their OL.

Does the nifty "projection" chart project "games missed" by the perennial injured?

Opinions on Wynn vary.

What a return on investment .. Mac is really lucky . If Wynn performs commensurate to his draft position , we should be really competing hard for playoffs.

This is a pretty strange off-season. We are more like underdogs . But if any team can surprise it's us.

Lots of x factor players with boom- bust potential . Let's see what happens during TC.

Amazing how Wynn makes more than Trent Brown.

Watching 2021 film of our offensive line and it is pretty obvious that karras was average at best.

If someone teaches strange how to pass protect, he would represent an upgrade over karras.

"nasty duo!!!!"...huh???? I'm a diehard homer Patriot fan but you have to be on drugs to use the adjective "nasty!!' when describing Andrews...try ADEQUATE. Strange is a lower division college guard that has yet to play a snap in rookie camp...NO ONE has even a remote idea if he can perform at the level needed to START in the NFL...but ok.."NASTY DUO!!!!! GAA GAA GOONY!!!"...craziness

That "projection" might indeed be accurate... If all of our starters remain healthy.

Because all of our backups are either unproven, or have proven that they kinda suck.

This reminds me of last year's offseason when we were projected to have the #1 OL in the NFL. How'd that work out?

This reminds me of last year's offseason when we were projected to have the #1 OL in the NFL. How'd that work out?
Talent wise they were right there, but execution wise it took a few games to get right. Course they canned the O-Line coach just before the season because he wouldn’t get the jab, but talent wasn’t the issue.

8th in rushing yards, third fewest sacks in the league… top 5.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back