PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Insider: Had Hopkins Signed, Bourne Was Odd Man Out

No. Just some random "biggest Loser" photo I found looking for fat guys. Just trying to joke about Kendrick Bourne being "overweight" last year.

You mean that isn't Trent Brown?!? I seriously thought it was...

Brings up more questions to me. Overweight by how much? Was it just at the start of camp and did he regain his shape quickly but remained in the doghouse anyway? Was it truly a case of not taking care of his body or was it bulking up (perhaps readying a bigger workload) gone wrong?

Also not sure what to make of Callahan saying Bourne "looks in much better shape." Can a reporter really eyeball the difference in the shape of a pro athlete when he's at 203lbs vs 208lbs?

There's a lot of nuance there that we're not seeing.
Just one of many players who were not buying it. For a guy who had seen it and done it in SF, he spoke up when he saw obvious, glaring problems with implementing that offense. Demanded complete respect for MattyP and Judge, who hadn't earned any, who were fumbling around in the dark, leaving large, unaddressed holes. When asked questions or challenged, didn't have the answers, went hard line, since they were over their heads. Whined to BB that the reason nothing was working were a few bad apples. Bill backed his buddies, squashed players, instead of doing what was best for the team.

Bourne's reliable on the field. The above about Bourne not just "sucking it up" is an interesting take on the whole **** show. It seems to me that if I'm BB I back coaches against players who think they can mouth off and change what coach says to do. "A player is really sure that a coach is wrong" is just never the best foundation for a HC's decisions. Coach has to back his coaches, and they got the MINIMUM amount of rope to hang themselves with, a full year to do whatever they were going to do.
Don't get me wrong... I wouldn't want them to have another year at it. But yeah, if KB distinguished himself by an inability to toe the line, even when it's frustrating, he's just "that guy." We know he's a reliable receiver, but like Meyers, he's reliable, not stellar. So he was on the bubble if we had to make room for Hopkins. That's not too world-shaking to me.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back