PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots Insider: Collective “Rolling of Eyes” at Gillette Over Ongoing Bill Belichick/Mac Jones Situation

Who cares, except the negative nancy’s that complain about everything.

Coaches don’t count against the salary cap and Judge is being paid by the Giants. Do you ever post anything optimistic or is the sky always falling?
I thought me being happy that he was back on ST was enough, not really complaining…just doesn’t make sense to me is all

We don’t really know what he will be tasked with being AHC, but it’s not a guy I’d like with more responsibility. He’s a great ST coach, don’t need to re-create the wheel

Last edited:
I'm confused. Based on Phil perry's comments about the players... it seems like the idea that Mac was being shopped around isn't/wasn't entirely false?
More likely players have too much time on their hands and read and watch the same drivel we do.

Can some please pm me if this ever escalates to shrugging of shoulders?
Patricia the failure is gone.
Judge is off the Offense.
=============
We have new qualified coaching at OC, QB, OL and ST's.
Do we whine as matter of habit?

Other than hiring a GM with power, I don't see what else we should do with regard to management, other than perhpas giving Groh a formal promotion.

There’s so many here in total denial about this, but success and power are hard things for people to keep under control. We see people in business, entertainment, politics and religion lose that battle all the time.

Bill lost his own battle with his success and power years ago. It’s an intoxicant that leads to irrational actions such as Butler, letting Brady out the door without a successor, and the whole Patricia-Judge fiasco.

The fact that Bill refuses to let go of his anger and resentment directed at Jones unfortunately shows last year didn’t humble him back to his senses.

The Krafts, like all of us should, must have a considerable gratitude to Bill for what he’s done for their franchise and our lives as football fans. But, there has to be a limit. I’m long past that limit myself. I see last weekend’s Lombardi comments and Reiss’ column as the Krafts again interceding to get Bill to walk back the anti-Jones sentiment Bill’s friends have been circulating.

This is not going to end well, I fear.

Kraft chose Bill over Brady. And Kraft has watched as Brady hoisted another Superbowl and Bill makes failed decisions like Patricia/judge and has 1 playoff appearance where the pats got blown out to his name and a .500 record

It's no wonder he is rethinking his decision.

This is totally ridiculous on so many levels...

A) Mac Jones "wasn't being coached last season"? Really?? I mean WTF, this is total nonsense.

B) Mac Jones "reached out to people for some coaching"? WTF! His head coach is BILL BELICHICK. He was assigned an OC and QB coach. A player can NOT go outside of the team structure for "coaching" especially in the midst of a season. It's nonsensical again. Maybe he did it, I don't know, but it's preposterous either way.

C) If Mac did it then of course Belichick is pissed off. I get it, Patricia is a complete loser, and so is Judge, Belichick made really bad decisions putting these clowns in vital positions, but it was his decision to make, and the quarterback especially has to buy in if there's any chance for success. Mac's not buying in, not fully engaged with the team, and not acting as a team leader by reaching out for coaching outside of the organization. Especially for a second year player, this is a major no-no.

Lol his QB coach was Joe Judge who never coached the position and was pulled by week 3 because of how he acted in meetings. And his OC was Matt Patricia who had no idea what he was doing and would say "we'll get back to you" when players asked how to adjust based on the defense

This idea that he had great resources to go to with Judge/Patricia isn't the hill to die on.

This idea that he had great resources to go to with Judge/Patricia isn't the hill to die on.
Look I'm not a BB apologist, personally I think he's O V E R R A T E D. But that's me. The general consensus (on this Patriots forum anyway) is that BB is some kind of a genius and the best to eva do it. So either he is or he isn't. But if you're on the affirmative side of that argument then you HAVE TO also acknowledge he was overseeing Mac's development.

BB saw something in Patricia and Judge - **** if I know what it is was - and he still has Dummy #2 in a prominent role heading into 2023. That's coming from I'm told "the best to ever do it."

So if you're allowing deference to BB for benching Butler in the Super Bowl or deferring in OT when he has the GOAT then you should be expecting his current second year quarterback to get the **** on board with whatever BB has determined "to be in the best interest of the team." And not calling other coaches outside of the building for HELP! Mac didn't handle a BAD situation well and it only has made everything worse.

My other point is, I'm calling out the IBWTers here, not me, I KNEW Dummy #1 and Dummy #2 would **** up the QB1.

The Pats aren’t asking him to coach offense in 2023, they’re asking him to fix the special teams. Which needs fixing and which was one of the best units in the NFL under his watch previously.
Lol his QB coach was Joe Judge who never coached the position and was pulled by week 3 because of how he acted in meetings.
Judge couldn't even make it through September in team meetings because he's such a douchebag. The entire NYG organization including the players think he's a POS for how he conducted himself.

I don't want this clown anywhere near Foxboro.

I didn't say he couldn't help the special teams, but that doesn't change the fact he got rewarded despite his incompetence last year.
He gets paid the same from the Giants no matter what… titles are meaningless.

Judge couldn't even make it through September in team meetings because he's such a douchebag. The entire NYG organization including the players think he's a POS for how he conducted himself.

I don't want this clown anywhere near Foxboro.
I have no clue what you’re going on about.

Patricia the failure is gone.
Judge is off the Offense.
=============
We have new qualified coaching at OC, QB, OL and ST's.
Do we whine as matter of habit?

Other than hiring a GM with power, I don't see what else we should do with regard to management, other than perhpas giving Groh a formal promotion.

Give Eliot Winston Wolf final say in All personnel decisions, including the draft, with Both Al Groh's kid (pro scouting) And Steve Cargile (college) reporting Directly to him .

#NoMoreSlappies

Last edited:
I have no clue what you’re going on about.
BS.

What's Judge's reputation in NY after that disastrous stint as HC?

Was he thrown out of team meetings this past season with the Patriots or not?

You make some odd choices of people to defend... Bowles recently and now Judge.

Don't get me wrong, Phil Perry is reasonably credible to me. A rung below Mike Reiss but certainly several above Florio & Simms. That said, Perry is only reiterating something that was hearsay when he heard it.
I wish more people kept track of such details, instead of making mountains out of molehills.

BS.

What's Judge's reputation in NY after that disastrous stint as HC?

Was he thrown out of team meetings this past season with the Patriots or not?

You make some odd choices of people to defend... Bowles recently and now Judge.
I defended Bowles?

I want Judge to coach special teams, special teams fell apart after he left.

The list of position coaches who weren’t good head coaches is a long one… it doesn’t make them lesser position coaches.

And no, BB screwing up thinking he could use Patricia and Judge to coach offense also doesn’t make him a bad special teams coach. Results say he was a good special teams coach, and what happened to them after he left.

I defended Bowles?

I want Judge to coach special teams, special teams fell apart after he left.

The list of position coaches who weren’t good head coaches is a long one… it doesn’t make them lesser position coaches.

And no, BB screwing up thinking he could use Patricia and Judge to coach offense also doesn’t make him a bad special teams coach. Results say he was a good special teams coach, and what happened to them after he left.
I still don't like it, but fine, we'll see what happens. Hopefully you're right on this one.

I still don't like it, but fine, we'll see what happens. Hopefully you're right on this one.
I can’t remember which game it was, but last season the punt unit jogged onto the field backed up into the opponent’s red zone. They proceeded to incur a delay of game penalty pushing them back closer to the goal line.

Along with blocked punts and field goals… I can’t watch that bullsht anymore. It has been embarrassingly bad. The special teams was almost as inept as the offense.

That’s why all these free agent signings of special teams aces didn’t bother me… they needed some professionalism added to the unit. They also need some ball buster to hold them accountable.

@crawhammer, Judge was thrown out of team meetings last year? Linky dinky pretty please?

I can’t remember which game it was, but last season the punt unit jogged onto the field backed up into the opponent’s red zone. They proceeded to incur a delay of game penalty pushing them back closer to the goal line.

Along with blocked punts and field goals… I can’t watch that bullsht anymore. It has been embarrassingly bad. The special teams was almost as inept as the offense.

That’s why all these free agent signings of special teams aces didn’t bother me… they needed some professionalism added to the unit. They also need some ball buster to hold them accountable.

The special teams were actually worse than the offense. They just weren't on the field enough to notice.

@crawhammer, Judge was thrown out of team meetings last year? Linky dinky pretty please?
The Herald's Andrew Callahan and Karen Guregian report: Inside the Most Dysfunctional Patriots Season Under Bill Belichick

I believe there was a highly popular thread on this forum when the report first came out.

Excerpt from the Report:

Around early October, when Jones was sidelined by a high ankle sprain, players began to see less of his position coach in meetings.

Joe Judge, they later suspected, was in a long process of being phased out. It was a stark change from training camp when Judge would command meetings and share the play-call sheet in team periods with Patricia and Belichick. Judge also coached across positions in practice, forcing other assistants to occasionally correct his talking points to players during drills.

“I think there were times the coaches were frustrated, especially the ones who had been on staff in years past and knew what we had done,” one source said.

As Patricia came under outside fire as the face of the offense, Judge drew increasing criticism from within. Belichick would blast him in practice, and it wasn’t uncommon for Judge and Jones to trade profanity-laced outbursts. Jones’ trust in his position coach was effectively non-existent.

“Mac didn’t like him,” one source said. “At all.”

“(Judge) would speak extra loudly in meetings, trying to project like he was the guy,” another source said. “And I think that kind of rubbed people the wrong way.”

“A lot of people were frustrated with (Judge),” a third added.

The Herald's Andrew Callahan and Karen Guregian report: Inside the Most Dysfunctional Patriots Season Under Bill Belichick

I believe there was a highly popular thread on this forum when the report first came out.

Excerpt from the Report:

Around early October, when Jones was sidelined by a high ankle sprain, players began to see less of his position coach in meetings.

Joe Judge, they later suspected, was in a long process of being phased out. It was a stark change from training camp when Judge would command meetings and share the play-call sheet in team periods with Patricia and Belichick. Judge also coached across positions in practice, forcing other assistants to occasionally correct his talking points to players during drills.

“I think there were times the coaches were frustrated, especially the ones who had been on staff in years past and knew what we had done,” one source said.

As Patricia came under outside fire as the face of the offense, Judge drew increasing criticism from within. Belichick would blast him in practice, and it wasn’t uncommon for Judge and Jones to trade profanity-laced outbursts. Jones’ trust in his position coach was effectively non-existent.

“Mac didn’t like him,” one source said. “At all.”

“(Judge) would speak extra loudly in meetings, trying to project like he was the guy,” another source said. “And I think that kind of rubbed people the wrong way.”

“A lot of people were frustrated with (Judge),” a third added.
Thanks! I already saw that…thought you meant Judge was asked to leave team meetings directly vs. being quietly phased out.

And with him still on staff again this year…that casts doubt on these allegations …but no argument about us upgrading the offensive staff from me….happy with O’Brien & Co.

Kraft chose Bill over Brady. And Kraft has watched as Brady hoisted another Superbowl and Bill makes failed decisions like Patricia/judge and has 1 playoff appearance where the pats got blown out to his name and a .500 record

It's no wonder he is rethinking his decision.
This is pink hat girly I love Tom crap. They weren't going to win with Tom, Tom wasn't happy not winning. Jesus grow up.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back