PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: New Patriots QB Mac Jones Brings His Winning Work Ethic to New England

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
New Patriots QB Mac Jones Brings His Winning Work Ethic to New England
Ian Logue
Thursday night's first round of the NFL Draft certainly had its moments, but at the end of the day, the Patriots managed to come away with a quarterback in Mac Jones to hopefully take them into the future moving forward.

The post New Patriots QB Mac Jones Brings His Winning Work Ethic to New England appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Agree, a great work ethic is a hallmark of most of our successful mainstays on both sides of the ball. Over the years the Pats are known for jettisoning players who did not play to this.

I hope he does not get distracted and just focuses on all he needs to learn in the Pats system and NFL..

Agree, a great work ethic is a hallmark of most of our successful mainstays on both sides of the ball. Over the years the Pats are known for jettisoning players who did not play to this.

I hope he does not get distracted and just focuses on all he needs to learn in the Pats system and NFL..
The walk up to the stage was a surprise for me. His face got serious and there were no smiles. It was different than what I've seen in the past and I gotta say...I kind of liked it. Granted, he smiled when he got up there, but his demeanor during that walk from the holding area was another reason why I'm really happy about this pick. I think they might have really gotten lucky last night.

The walk up to the stage was a surprise for me. His face got serious and there were no smiles. It was different than what I've seen in the past and I gotta say...I kind of liked it. Granted, he smiled when he got up there, but his demeanor during that walk from the holding area was another reason why I'm really happy about this pick. I think they might have really gotten lucky last night.

Absolutely. He looked like a boss walking towards the stage. Determined, focused and confident.

Here's the moment they told him:

Nice to see more, and different, people in the room with Bill; and that he actually asked them if they were good with this pick.

Also nice to Not see Little Nicky Caesar there...

I'm hoping that this New & Improved Draft Room continues in this direction tonight...

Bb needs to give wolf a raise. Wolf is killing this draft.

I didn't like the trade-up for Barmore, however...at all. I would've been ok I suppose with the pick if it had been made at #46 (though I actually might've preferred a trade-back with Cleveland for #s 59 & 89), but this was a Terrible price to pay just to move ahead of one team, maybe (Detroit), to draft somebody with more bust potential than I'm comfortable of ass-uming inside of the top 50, and whose style of play isn't exactly what we need most from a DLman right now anyway...And those two 4th-rounders lost in the trade-up would've helped us with either good prospects at positions of greater need or as chips to offer in trade...Eerily similar to the three panic-stricken, ignorant moves that Billy & Nicky & Nike made in that awful 2020 draft...

Last edited:
the qb battle is going to be the most popular topic from now until the end of the season.

right now bb is not tipping his hand.

Bb needs to give wolf a raise. Wolf is killing this draft.
How do you know that Wolf is “ killing” the draft, especially when it was Ziegler who they elevated before it? I would love to know where you guys are getting this kind of inside information on who is saying what in their meetings?

Work ethic is obviously they key here. Scouting reports ive read have him as a mini goat - quick release, cerebral, pocket presense, did well in the big game. He’ll be learning under bb and jmd, as good a situation there is in the league. Question is how hard is he willing to work , doubt he or anyone would work as hard as tom but these are great to hear.

I will say this, though it probably doesn’t mean much, the small snippets I’ve seen in camp, he seems really confident and gets rid of the ball fast and on target. I’m not a body language expert, but just watching him, he seems really confident.

Of course there is ****loads of tape of him during his Alabama days. And what I liked about him is, I’m sure he’s heard all of the negatives people always tried to put on him, he seems to not care what people say. He has so much confidence in himself.

His college story reminds me of Brady’s at Michigan. A 2 star recruit, had to bide his time behind several QBs before he got the starting job, and had to fight off a 5 star freshman to win the starting job. Yet despite all of this, never gave up, fought like hell, and was extremely successful. And like Brady, I think he has a chip on his shoulder.

Not saying he’s Brady II, just saying I like that he had to fight like hell and never gave up. I like that people question his abilities. He seems to feed off of that.

I’m really hoping Jones beats out Newton, and I won’t be surprised if Newton asks to be released if he does. I want the future to start this year, not a year from now.
I think we'll see Newton start the first half of the season, definitely. bill won't throw a half-cooked rookie onto the field if he can help it.

I think if Newton fails we'll see either Jarrett Stidham or a trade for another veteran before Jones takes the field.

Duplicate

I think we'll see Newton start the first half of the season, definitely. bill won't throw a half-cooked rookie onto the field if he can help it.

I think if Newton fails we'll see either Jarrett Stidham or a trade for another veteran before Jones takes the field.
I really think it’ll be Cam or Mac, you don’t draft a QB in the 1st round, for the 1st time ever in Belichick’s coaching career, to sit on the bench behind TWO failed veteran QBs.

BTW, Cam spelled backwards is Mac. Two polar opposites to the nth degree.

Bill didn't necessarily draft Mac for this year. Mac's the future, but we've all seen what happens when you rely on your future too soon. Bill isn't willingly going to rush Jones onto the field unless it's overhwlemingly obvious he's ready.

If Cam can't keep his job we will see another veteran start if Bill isn't sold on Jones' current ability yet.

I very much doubt that it's in the plans right now for Mac Jones to start a single game this coming season. Fans don't like being told they'll have to wait but I think we'll be taking this very, vry slowly.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back