PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: New Patriots QB Mac Jones Brings His Winning Work Ethic to New England

Cam sucks but come on...they're just warming up or throwing around. For all we know he threw it high on purpose just to mess with Mac

I think that video exposes Jones's lack of jumping ability. Which is extremely concerning.

Agree with everything here, also if the only Knock is mobility and arm strength, those are things that can improve. I wouldn’t be surprised in 2022 to see a much different looking Mac Physically.
This is the NFL everyone is a challenge this isn’t Alabama steamrolling a lesser school on Saturdays.
He knows this having Cam in front the workout monster can only help Mac if Mac improves his strength and velocity by even 10 percent it’s a massive improvement.
I see Mac Jones as a Matt Ryan with a Peyton Manning kind of ceiling.
Yes I know who I compared him too.
I don’t see Brady in his release and Stance I see more Peyton like.
If anything preseason football will be exciting, unless BB does us dirty and has Hoyer playing and Mac on the bench to keep his cards close to his chest.
Yeah, physical tools wise, there is a lot of Peyton Manning and Drew Brees in Mac. If they had a kid, it would be Mac Jones. I think his preparation and never say die attitude is Brady like. Also his confidence level is Brady like. I’d be thrilled with a Matt Ryan type of career though (hopefully with championships though). It’ll be interesting to see how he progresses. I think at worst, he becomes a top 15 NFL QB.

“Look, Mac, he’s won a lot of games in the last year-plus at Alabama,” McDaniels said. “He’s played in some big games, some pressure situations. He takes care of the football. He’s demonstrated an ability to function at a pretty high level in their system and their offense with their terminology. He competed in a league that is, I would say, is widely regarded as one of the top conferences, if not the top conference, in all of college football. To play the position of quarterback there’s not just one thing you need to do well. He certainly stood out in certain obvious ways relative to throwing the football and command and protecting the ball and not hurting his football team. A lot to look at and digest when you studied him.”

What Patriots Liked About Mac Jones Before Drafting Him In First Round

Perhaps, we really should consider have 2 QB's on the roster: Stidham and Jones.

Perhaps, Bill will pull the plug earlier on Stidham, but that's not exactly a major negative.

Perhaps, we really should consider have 2 QB's on the roster: Stidham and Jones.

Perhaps, Bill will pull the plug earlier on Stidham, but that's not exactly a major negative.

If bb did this, shouldn’t he have a qb on the practice squad?

One step at a time.

... I want Jones to sit and practice for a year before getting starts at the NFL level. We need a chance to see who he is in practice, so we can fine tune our offense to that QB instead of expecting him to be Cam or Brady. The lasst thing any of us wants is a string of 3-4 games where they're feeling out their QB in live action. Give the team some time to get some practice tape on Jones and get their offensive gameplan for him hashed out in broad strokes. If they have to fine tune their strategy on how best to use him fine, but let's get the basics out of the way in practice.
I’d be perfectly fine for Stid the Kid to step up as starter and let Mac get a season in the program under his belt. Not talking about how likely it is, just that it would be a great scenario. If Stid continues to perform as he just did and convinces Bill et al that he’s the best choice as starter we’ve really hit a jackpot. He’s at the end of his rookie deal, if he really pans out the worst scenario is a good comp pick when he leaves, and everything else is upside. I’m not saying it’s likely but I’d love to see it happen.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back