PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: New England Patriots News 03-28, Mock Draft 1.0

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
New England Patriots News 03-28, Mock Draft 1.0
Steve Balestrieri
That makes Atlanta’s pick at #4 much more valuable. And the Falcons will be looking for a similar haul, and the Patriots currently at #15

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Mac Jones to be there at #15?? Not sure about that..

That mock draft after #15...kinda sucks.

NFW I'm taking A$ante Jr at #46...None...Zero...Zip...Nada;

#96 is way, Way, WAY too early for Royce Newman;

We don't own #109...Surprised that someone at PFN hasn't corrected this yet;

A RB at #122? Horrible...Same as the 5th-round Safety;

Milton Williams had an Incredible pro day recently...But he looks more like a 3-4 DE than a DT here;

I might prefer Chris Evans' backfield teammate, FB/HB/TE Ben Mason, with that last pick.

Steve, you must've missed the thread I posted regarding Asante Samuel Jr's father saying pretty bad things about Bill. He will not want his son to play for Bill. Aside from that, taking a CB within the 1st two rounds needs to take a break for at least a year.

Last edited:
Steve, you must've missed the thread I posted regarding Asante Samuel Jr's father saying pretty bad things about Bill. He will not want his son to play for Bill. Aside from that, taking a CB within the 1st two rounds needs to take a brake for at least a year.
We don't need corners to draft for 2022. After all, we have ZERO starters signed for 2022.

That mock draft after #15...kinda sucks.

NFW I'm taking A$ante Jr at #46...None...Zero...Zip...Nada;

#96 is way, Way, WAY too early for Royce Newman;

We don't own #109...Surprised that someone at PFN hasn't corrected this yet;

A RB at #122? Horrible...Same as the 5th-round Safety;

Milton Williams had an Incredible pro day recently...But he looks more like a 3-4 DE than a DT here;

I might prefer Chris Evans' backfield teammate, FB/HB/TE Ben Mason, with that last pick.

The evil side in me says draft Jr and sit him for 5 years for his fathers sins. However, that would be just wrong for the kid who seems like a really good football player. Btw, that is a joke about sitting him. But definitely stay away because we know how Bill would deal with a meddling Ball father.

We don't need corners to draft for 2022. After all, we have ZERO starters signed for 2022.
I'm not sure what your first sentence meant. Focus on what you have now and build around it. Worry about that position when/if it happens. Stop drafting guys like Williams and the other horrible DB's in the 2nd round who won't get any playing time, won't help the team now and later find out he's a bust. The team still has holes.

I'll take guys all day long who will play now and may suck over the risk of stashing a guy and two years later find out he sucks. If you look back at draftees at any position waiting in the wings to take over for veterans on this team over the years, you won't find many.

Last edited:
If Atlanta is unreasonable or San Fran doesn’t cut Jimmy, an underrated move here is to trade straight up for Minshew if Jacksonville is serious about moving him. The signing of CJ Beathard at least opens the possibility that Gardner is pushing his way out of there.

Give up the entire draft and multiple picks to move up to four, pay Jimmy 25 per and give up draft picks to trade for him... or give up a later pick for Minshew and draft another QB at 15 or in the second round... give me option #3.

Although all my being says no to Minshew, he’s done ok for himself and his team. He would be a good stop gap and great competition for Cam. If they were able to hold onto the 15 and get lucky enough to land Waddle or Pitts? (Yeah, I’d draft a 3rd te of his caliber.) thats a lot of weapons for any qb to excel with, especially considering Pats running game and oline. Tbh, I think Mac Jones could work here with the coaching and players in place.

Trade with Bengals, if move up...

Falcons will not draft a QB in 1st round.

If Atlanta is unreasonable or San Fran doesn’t cut Jimmy, an underrated move here is to trade straight up for Minshew if Jacksonville is serious about moving him. The signing of CJ Beathard at least opens the possibility that Gardner is pushing his way out of there.

Give up the entire draft and multiple picks to move up to four, pay Jimmy 25 per and give up draft picks to trade for him... or give up a later pick for Minshew and draft another QB at 15 or in the second round... give me option #3.

Is Minshew an upgrade on Cam? They had very similar completion percentages and similar average yards per completion. Minshew led on TDs, but that’s as likely down to the quality of offensive weapons (in our case, lack of). Not against a trade for a late pick, but I’m not sure there’s much to be gained from it. Didn’t watch the Jags though so....

Jeebus, nothing personal, but I HATE that mock, pretty much top to bottom. And not just because I don't think Jones will be there at 15 (and that he's probably not worth it if he is there!), but because...well...

Just ran one - no trades - on PFN and got Parsons (LB), Rondale Moore (Elijah Moore was there, too) (WR), Mond (QB), Brady Christianson (T), Aaron banks (G), Khalil Herbert (RB), and Shi Smith (WR).

No corners because I haven't really looked at them yet - but could have had Horn at 15.

I'm not sure what your first sentence meant. Focus on what you have now and build around it. Worry about that position when/if it happens. Stop drafting guys like Williams and the other horrible DB's in the 2nd round who won't get any playing time, won't help the team now and later find out he's a bust. The team still has holes.

I'll take guys all day long who will play now and may suck over the risk of stashing a guy and two years later find out he sucks. If you look back at draftees at any position waiting in the wings to take over for veterans on this team over the years, you won't find many.
I'll be clearer. For me, the draft is primarily for next year. Sometimes, you need to draft a starter, often at OL, where such players often contribute well in their rookie years.

If we don't draft a QB at 15, Parsons and Waddle will likely be long gone. In this case, I think that Belichick will surely look at a corner. I don't' really care if he starts in 2021.

Is Minshew an upgrade on Cam? They had very similar completion percentages and similar average yards per completion. Minshew led on TDs, but that’s as likely down to the quality of offensive weapons (in our case, lack of). Not against a trade for a late pick, but I’m not sure there’s much to be gained from it. Didn’t watch the Jags though so....
He’d be a substantial upgrade to Cam, better arm and decision making with the potential to improve. Jacksonville’s offensive line was atrocious, it’s hard to take advantage of weapons when there is no time to do so.

Plus he’d be cheaper to trade for and is getting paid like a 6th round rookie, he’s making nothing. He could start, the kid you draft could sit and they’d be instantly competitive. Why trade a lot of valuable capital and cap dollars for Jimmy so the 49ers can get Minshew... just get Minshew instead.

Absolutely LOVEEEEEEEEE this mock...of course I am a Bama fan and coached Royce Newman in high school, so I’m a bit biased

I'll be clearer. For me, the draft is primarily for next year. Sometimes, you need to draft a starter, often at OL, where such players often contribute well in their rookie years.

If we don't draft a QB at 15, Parsons and Waddle will likely be long gone. In this case, I think that Belichick will surely look at a corner. I don't' really care if he starts in 2021.
Fair enough.

I hope for Paye too, but think our depth at CB/S sucks more than DE.
I do agree that we need to add at least one CB to the pipeline, especially when Gilmore's & JCJack's contract status are considered, preferably with one of our 4th-rounders; there should still be some good ones available then...Disappointing that Bill's only addition at DB so far has been the Horribly overpaid Jalen Mills...I would've been ALL OVER Anthony Harris for what the Fecals paid him...

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back