PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Jones Incident May Be Tough to Come Back From

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Morse...
How stupid can one person be? The traits that make him a top-notch corner also work against him in real life. He thinks he is above the law and invincible. He is a thug pure and simple. There is no place for him on the Patriots team. He is a cancer and needs to be cut out. I’m actually surprised it hasn’t happened yet!
There's that word again. I suppose accounting to some, Morse will be unemployed sooner than Jones.

Mark Morse...

There's that word again. I suppose accounting to some, Morse will be unemployed sooner than Jones.
Never going to be able to change people who think like Morse thier thinking thier ideology. We all know JJ make A bad choice.. he's a young guy still making his way through life. I don't think he is a bad person, and any of these names he's been called.

He'll get through it, and he'll still have his football career. I assume it would be Here hopefully

How do you not know whats in your bag when you are getting on a plane?

Why are there guns in there to begin with?

Mark Morse...

• Thug”: Gangster or Criminal
    Why you should stop using it: Although this word originated in India and meant “ruffian” or “troublemaker,” it’s now used primarily in a negative context by white people to label younger black people, particularly men, as violent, irrational, untrustworthy, or gang members. The label is often applied based on how the person dresses, looks, or speaks, rather than by their actions.
    Alternative: “Troublemaker, rowdy or bully”

I don't think he is a bad person
Didn't study at USC
Pled guilty to commercial burglary
Suspended by NE in 2022
Arrested for possession of two loaded guns at airport by Feds in 2023

But.....not a bad person.
In fact, it appears his goodness is really ramping up

Michael Richards Ok GIF

Last edited:
I think this is a serious issue, but I seriously doubt this will affect Jones‘ relationship with the team in the short term. I could see him traded next offseason if he doesn’t get his head on straight though.

This is a reasonable take.

The other, This is a big fat doo-doo-nothing, responses are embarrassing.

This is certainly Not nothing, people... And if there's found to be anything else in his past even close to resembling this ****, then to quote Mike Kensil he's in big ****ing trouble.

• Thug”: Gangster or Criminal
    Why you should stop using it: Although this word originated in India and meant “ruffian” or “troublemaker,” it’s now used primarily in a negative context by white people to label younger black people, particularly men, as violent, irrational, untrustworthy, or gang members. The label is often applied based on how the person dresses, looks, or speaks, rather than by their actions.

Dude's a thug.

Thug”: Gangster or Criminal
Let me rephrase 'Why you should stop using it'... although the word doesn't actually apply exclusively to black men, WE say it does, so if you use it, even with the intent of the original non-racial meaning of the word, then WE will call you a racist.

Beside that... "the label is often applied based on how the person dresses, looks, or speaks, rather than by their actions"... you need to pay attention to this because it's addressing the intent of the speaker. If someone is calling a person a thug purely based on how they look (including their race), and not relating to their actions, then that would indicate bias and racism. Morse is calling Jones a thug based on his actions, specially his criminal actions. He calls him a cancer too. At no point in the article does Morse call Jones a black man... because it's not relevant.

Just as a heads up, tomorrow is a big day. Hopefully, there are no new revelations that make things worse, such as the guns were illegally purchased or had previously been used in a crime. We'll know a lot more where this is headed after the arraignment.

This is a reasonable take.

The other, This is a big fat doo-doo-nothing, responses are embarrassing.

This is certainly Not nothing, people... And if there's found to be anything else in his past even close to resembling this ****, then to quote Mike Kensil he's in big ****ing trouble.
Cap'n.. everyone is entitled to thier own opinions.. I mentioned what I mentioned because he gets labeled thug however no one on January 6th did.. what he did he'll have to live with the choices made... I think we can unanimously say it was stupid what he did cannot defend him there.. thug is a bit much

Never going to be able to change people who think like Morse thier thinking thier ideology. We all know JJ make A bad choice.. he's a young guy still making his way through life. I don't think he is a bad person, and any of these names he's been called.

He'll get through it, and he'll still have his football career. I assume it would be Here hopefully
I don’t agree with his overall assessment, especially without knowing Jones’ background, albeit I wrote about it today and do feel he’s potentially involved with the wrong crowd.

But I’ve known people of all backgrounds who would fall into the “thug” category. That’s not exclusive to any particular race, like at all, especially for anyone who has spent anytime down south.

Last edited:
I’ve said this before many times in here and feel like online forums are the best example of this. No one in here knows what race anyone is, and everyone generally judges people based on whether or not they’re a jerk, not based on any other reason.

That’s obviously how you’d hope that things outside of here would be and it is probably the one - and one of the few - edges that online has over the real world.

I don’t agree with his assessment without knowing Jones’ background, albeit I wrote about it today and do feel he’s potentially involved with the wrong crowd.

But I’ve known people of all backgrounds who would fall into the “thug” category. That’s not exclusive to any particular race, like at all, especially for anyone who has spent anytime down south.
Ian,

When it comes to topics of guns ect. People just go crazy. What I was simply stating was the kid made a bad choice no one can deny it.. but calling him a thug and such is just unwarranted. I totally understand what you mean and I respect everyone's opinions however the kid was drafted, the team saw something in him that they felt he could be part of the organization.

I'd like to think BB and the staff do backgrounds ect. And the like.. however people are going to feel how they feel. JJ will just have to deal with the matter and hopefully learn from this if he wants to have a NFL career going forward.

Ian,

When it comes to topics of guns ect. People just go crazy. What I was simply stating was the kid made a bad choice no one can deny it.. but calling him a thug and such is just unwarranted.
The problem with Jones is the fact of what he was involved previously given his legal issues. It’s hard not to feel like he was involved in that life at some level. Mark went farther than I would have and it’s easy to dismiss a guy based on what we see on the surface.

But the concern is still that he needs to separate himself from it, if that really is the case. I mean, the fact he owns those is typically for personal safety, not going out looking for trouble. Which if he feels the need to carry like that, I feel like it’s going to be a challenge I hope he eventually is able to achieve.

But it’s tough for those guys and we’ve seen countless stories given who players grow up with. We can dismiss it, but it’s obviously easier to condemn them when we’re not in their shoes.

It sucks and I hope it works out for him. But at the end of the day, it’s all on him and I certainly wish him the best.

The problem with Jones is the fact of what he was involved previously given his legal issues. It’s hard not to feel like he was involved in that life at some level. Mark went farther than I would have and it’s easy to dismiss a guy based on what we see on the surface.

But the concern is still that he needs to separate himself from it, if that really is the case. I mean, the fact he owns those is typically for personal safety, not going out looking for trouble. Which if he feels the need to carry like that, I feel like it’s going to be a challenge I hope he eventually is able to achieve.

But it’s tough for those guys and we’ve seen countless stories given who players grow up with. We can dismiss it, but it’s obviously easier to condemn them when we’re not in their shoes.

It sucks and I hope it works out for him. But at the end of the day, it’s all on him and I certainly wish him the best.
Alot of players come from advseritiy stricken backgrounds. Professional sports used to be the way out for them. There isn't anyone that we'd find to defend his actions.. it was ridiculous and just something I'm sure he regrets. I does suck, I really like the player jack is. I just hope he can get through this legal situation and get his life back on track.

Let me rephrase 'Why you should stop using it'... although the word doesn't actually apply exclusively to black men, WE say it does, so if you use it, even with the intent of the original non-racial meaning of the word, then WE will call you a racist.

Beside that... "the label is often applied based on how the person dresses, looks, or speaks, rather than by their actions"... you need to pay attention to this because it's addressing the intent of the speaker. If someone is calling a person a thug purely based on how they look (including their race), and not relating to their actions, then that would indicate bias and racism. Morse is calling Jones a thug based on his actions, specially his criminal actions. He calls him a cancer too. At no point in the article does Morse call Jones a black man... because it's not relevant.
If a minority objects to a term that negatively characterized them most people would refrain from using the term.
You seem to want to defend it. Morse could have used many terms, it seems curious that he chose the dog whistle one.

By the way Jones did not commit a violent act.

If a minority objects to a term that negatively characterized them most people would refrain from using the term.
You seem to want to defend it. Morse could have used many terms, it seems curious that he chose the dog whistle one.

By the way Jones did not commit a violent act.
I don’t think that was Mark’s intention and knowing his tailgate crowd from over the years, I can promise you that what’s been inferred there absolutely isn’t accurate.

Can't deny his history.. no excuses can be made for it.. I just hope he gets through it and can learn.. surround himself with positive people and do positive things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes