PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Jones Incident May Be Tough to Come Back From

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I agree, his language and conclusions are a little too strong. Let's see how it plays out. Maybe this is the incident that will help straighten him out.

Why is this time different from all the rest? The list of off-the-filed issues is long. belichick took a shot in the 4th round, hoping that he would stay out of trouble.

Jack Jones is just not good enough for the team to continue to look the other way on crimes with a minimum sentence of 2 1/2 years.

Why is this time different from all the rest? The list of off-the-filed issues is long. belichick took a shot in the 4th round, hoping that he would stay out of trouble.

Jack Jones is just not good enough for the team to continue to look the other way on crimes with a minimum sentence of 2 1/2 years.
Legitimate questions. Problem I have with Mark Morse is that he goes way beyond asking them or discussing the issues involved. Instead he jumps past such useful contributions to dialogue and breaks out the tar and feathers while calling for the miscreants to be run out of town on a rail. That tendency impressed me with the last post from him that I read, but I let it go because he’d reportedly been having health issues. This was two in a row where his excessive vitriol turned me off. He’s come across both times as ill tempered, narrow minded, and harshly judgmental. He did a good job of fact finding, I just wish he weren’t so toxic in presenting his opinions as foregone conclusions.

Legitimate questions. Problem I have with Mark Morse is that he goes way beyond asking them or discussing the issues involved. Instead he jumps past such useful contributions to dialogue and breaks out the tar and feathers while calling for the miscreants to be run out of town on a rail. That tendency impressed me with the last post from him that I read, but I let it go because he’d reportedly been having health issues. This was two in a row where his excessive vitriol turned me off. He’s come across both times as ill tempered, narrow minded, and harshly judgmental. He did a good job of fact finding, I just wish he weren’t so toxic in presenting his opinions as foregone conclusions.
fair enough

I agree with your assessment of Morse.

I think this is a serious issue, but I seriously doubt this will affect Jones‘ relationship with the team in the short term. I could see him traded next offseason if he doesn’t get his head on straight though.

Is Jack Jones REALLY a Belichick type player?
Well I'll say this.. our organization like the eagles, giants, Steelers.. believe in giving players opportunities especially young players like JJ.. with a past history of something. I really like jack and it's just unfortunate he made the choice he made. However this opens up another opportunity for another young or unproven player to have an opportunity. Probably means @ captain stone's man Wade continues to hang around!

Kinda like Willie Andrews situation. But I'm guessing there was more enthusiasm for Jack Jones' play.

So it would appear the argument is that someone who has one criminal activity in his past, and get accused of a crime should no longer be eligible to have a job. Should the man’s life be over? If he is supposedly ineligible to be an employee of the patriots, wouldn’t that apply to all employers? I’m not sure why people think this way.

The dialogue in this article from Morse is pretty rough. Feels less like an opinion piece and more like some shock-jock stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3