PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: 53-Man Roster Projection; Mallett Passing; Scarnecchia Recognition; Bentley Extension

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Agree with OL, QB, RB, WR & CB.

TE: add Frisker, drop Washington.
DL: add the Big Guy, drop Ekulele.
LB: add Mack Truck Wilson, drop Jalopy Tavai.
Safety: add Shaun Wade to FS, move Peppers to SS, drop Bedsore.

And have I mentioned that our CB depth absolutely Sucks? NOT ONE of Myles Away, Bolden or Speed are NFL-caliber players.

Respectfully disagree with your take on the JaWrong Bentley extension...And Dante's been a coach a lot longer than 1999, btw.

OT Calvin Anderson. Name given was wrong.

I fear you are right about Trent Brown.

Agree with OL, QB, RB, WR & CB.

TE: add Frisker, drop Washington.
DL: add the Big Guy, drop Ekulele.
LB: add Mack Truck Wilson, drop Jalopy Tavai.
Safety: add Shaun Wade to FS, move Peppers to SS, drop Bedsore.

And have I mentioned that our CB depth absolutely Sucks? NOT ONE of Myles Away, Bolden or Speed are NFL-caliber players.

Respectfully disagree with your take on the JaWrong Bentley extension...And Dante's been a coach a lot longer than 1999, btw.

CORNERS
Gonzo, Jack Jones, Jon Jones, Marcus Jones, Mills

Which of these five SUCK as part of a 5 man corner corps?

How many NFL quality corners do other teams have? Bryant, Bolden, and Speed are indeed competing for roster spot. We don't need any if wade is indeed our strong safety.

You mention 3 (I add Wade) that are competing for bottom of the roster positions. I don't think that this situation in at all ununusual or even concerning. If one of the four make the 53, you will disagree with his choice of backup. This isn't at all unusual for any poster to disagree with deep backups. For you, it is routine for you to disagree with Belichick's choices (e.g. Bentley).

Last edited:
CORNERS
Gonzo, Jack Jones, Jon Jones, Marcus Jones, Mills

Which of these five SUCK as part of a 5 man corner corps?
How many NFL quality corners do other teams have? Bryant, Bolden, and Speed are indeed competing for roster spot. We don't need any if wade is indeed our strong safety...

I'm afraid that Wade doesn't seem to be in Bill's plans at Free Safety, or likely anywhere else... Therefore, it is a near certainty that one of Jon Jones or Mills will be the starter there, leaving one less of them at CB.

. NOT ONE of Myles Away, Bolden or Speed are NFL-caliber players.
That is true only if you believe that ST's aren't worthy of roster spots on NFL teams.

My prediction is that at least one of the these will make the 53 based on his ST play or ST prospects.

I'm afraid that Wade doesn't seem to be in Bill's plans at Free Safety, or likely anywhere else... Therefore, it is a near certainty that one of Jon Jones or Mills will be the starter there, leaving one less of them at CB.
I didn't think he was going to make the 53 in 2023 but maybe he will with Jack Jones' status up in the air.

That is true only if you believe that ST's aren't worthy of roster spots on NFL teams.
I believe that 1-2 STOs are enough - especially if one of them is as HOF-worthy as many here seem to feel he is; and if the STC has a clue, naturally - to make sure the other members of the coverage & return teams are able to play to the best of their abilities, e.g.: being lined-up properly, knowing their gap responsibilities etc... Slater & Board should suffice here; everyone else has to earn their keep by winning position battles where the better man wins regardless if the loser's a better "coverage ace" :rofl:

My prediction is that at least one of the these will make the 53 based on his ST play or ST prospects.
Agreed, sadly... Wouldn't be shocked to see two of them make it in fact.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back