PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: 15 Observations from the Patriots Game 2 Victory against the New York Jets

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
  • I didn’t like the roughing the passer penalty against the Jets for the helmet-to-helmet hit on Jones. Not only did one player hit Jones in the head but the second player did as well. I felt that the hit was intentional on the Jets as an attempt to knock Jones out of the game.
So did you like the call or not? Helmet-to-helmet hits like both of those are going to get called 99 out of 100 times in the NFL in 2021. And you said the second h-t-h hit was intentional? So why do you claim to hate the call?

>>>>>His 22 of 30 for 186 yards, 0 INTs, 0 TDs for a QB rating of 28.6<<<<<
????
That's a QB rating of 89.3 for Jones

• I didn’t like the roughing the passer penalty against the Jets for the helmet-to-helmet hit on Jones. Not only did one player hit Jones in the head but the second player did as well. I felt that the hit was intentional on the Jets as an attempt to knock Jones out of the game.
So did you like the call or not? Helmet-to-helmet hits like both of those are going to get called 99 out of 100 times in the NFL in 2021. And you said the second h-t-h hit was intentional? So why do you claim to hate the call?
The call was obviously correct ... I thought it was intentional, especially the second hit that didn't get called.

>>>>>His 22 of 30 for 186 yards, 0 INTs, 0 TDs for a QB rating of 28.6<<<<<
????
That's a QB rating of 89.3 for Jones
Not according to the boxscore from ESPN! I will be curious to learn the Pro Football Focus rating?

Mark was looking at the QBR Metric:

1632238556827.png

I don't follow that metric by ESPN closely enough to understand good from bad...?

The call was obviously correct ... I thought it was intentional, especially the second hit that didn't get called.
So you thought he should have been ejected for a flagrant foul

So you thought he should have been ejected for a flagrant foul
yes ... maybe even the second player that hit Jones in the head on the same play. The Jets are known for this type of play having been penalized 14 times last year (most in the league).

Mark was looking at the QBR Metric:

View attachment 35848

I don't follow that metric by ESPN closely enough to understand good from bad...?
Well first of all, it does not make any sense from what they said it was. I will give an example. Brady threw 5 td's 0 ints in the game sunday, his QBR was like 64. Another QB threw for less yards, way less td's and had picks, and his QBR was higher. So nobody understands it, it is very uneven, and frankly until they explain how they get to that arbitrary number, its pretty worthless.

Well first of all, it does not make any sense from what they said it was. I will give an example. Brady threw 5 td's 0 ints in the game sunday, his QBR was like 64. Another QB threw for less yards, way less td's and had picks, and his QBR was higher. So nobody understands it, it is very uneven, and frankly until they explain how they get to that arbitrary number, its pretty worthless.
Yeah...it's pretty bizarre. I saw the number and I didn't get it because, like you mentioned, I looked at several other players to try and make a comparison and it didn't make any sense. I've looked into it before but I haven't seen a good enough definition to really get a handle on it and this was a reminder of why...very strange.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back