NEW ARTICLE: Lack of Long-Term Deal For Patriots Thuney a Surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Lack of Long-Term Deal For Patriots Thuney a Surprise

Mark Morse

The fact the Patriots and Joe Thuney haven't agreed on a long-term deal is a bit surprising.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

It isn't surprising in the slightest...The real surprise would be an announcement of an extension...
It's gotta be allergic to Bill to have to shell out all that money for two Guards when he's practically running a deficit on his payroll...He's both unable and unwilling to come to any long-term agreement with Thuney; not now and not ever...A trade before Week 1 is not out of the question...

Last edited:
Not surprised at all. Thuney and BB were far apart before the draft and didn’t see a resolution in sight. Thuney seems content playing on that tender and will re enter FA next offseason as BB probably won’t tag him again.

And I don’t expect much from Damien Harris. Each year we expect someone to boot Burkhead off the roster. But for whatever reason, he keeps sticking around and forced on the field as he probably has pictures of McDaniels and BB.

. Each year we expect someone to boot Burkhead off the roster. But for whatever reason, he keeps sticking around and forced on the field as he probably has pictures of McDaniels and BB.
I think that is called Jake Bequette syndrome.....

The difference is that Burkhead is actually talented, as he's the only back they use in a way that doesn't signal what they're probably doing.
While I think you make a good point, this might be a problem moving forward.

And I don’t expect much from Damien Harris. Each year we expect someone to boot Burkhead off the roster. But for whatever reason, he keeps sticking around and forced on the field as he probably has pictures of McDaniels and BB.
"Forced" on the field? When healthy, Rex Burkhead is our best, most versatile RB.

“Most likely scenario throughout”
Could be wrong but I don’t recall many people saying this at all. Extension or traded is all I heard, but I could be/likely am wrong on that.

Let’s think about this for a second, Thuney is a very intelligent man. He’s likely sitting there, gathering info, and realizes that there is a chance the season is cut short. If the salaries are prorated for a shortened season, I’m sure he’s thinkin I’d like it based off that tag number than the smaller, 1st year extension number.

We need a strong O-line this year. Paying Thuney the tag will be worth it.

The difference is that Burkhead is actually talented, as he's the only back they use in a way that doesn't signal what they're probably doing.

Exactly. After Rex' touchdown in the AFCCG, my non-Patriots friend asked me why BB would give the ball to a nobody to close the game.

It's too bad that White=pass and Sony=run when both should be able to accommodate both as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back