PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Five Thoughts on a Frustrating Patriots’ Loss to the Raiders

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Really? You're going to blame Mac for the missed tackle? Of a guy who outweighs him by at least 80 lbs and has a full head of steam. Okay.

They'll be playing in January. Just not for very long.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Ian
Really? You're going to blame Mac for the missed tackle? Of a guy who outweighs him by at least 80 lbs and has a full head of steam. Okay.

No, I didn't word that great - I just edited it. That wasn't even close to his fault and the last thing you want is your starting quarterback having to make an open-field tackle against a guy who is significantly bigger than he is.

I don't know what more can be said about the criminally incompetent zebras, who receive their marching orders from the even more criminal suits & skirts at Park Avenue, that hasn't been already said... It's beyond obvious now that the league operates with a clear Agenda, part of which is to have as many booth reviews go against Bob Kraft's & Bill Belichick's team as they feel they can get away with having, without raising too many eyebrows outside of New England...

Corky: Sucks. That is all...

Don't know how Damien the Bad Omen Harris can even look Rham Tough in the eyes now... What a ****ing contrast...
As soon as the Patsies are eliminated on Saturday, then Rham & Andrews & Meyers need to be shut down for the rest of the season.

"People may bring up the game-tying touchdown allowed by Marcus Jones, but the rookie really did a solid job in a bigger role for a secondary that was significantly limited..."

- McD & Carr were targeting Marcus (& the Space man) the Entire final drive, so...

Little Billy calling TO during the QB sneak for a TD reminded me of his calling TO in Indy during the 2008 season... Lost that one too...

Go Bengals!

Closer to 60 pounds difference between Joneses, if that... And Corky still should've at least held on for longer than a half-second...

Closer to 60 pounds difference between Joneses, if that... And Corky still should've at least held on for longer than a half-second...
He got pushed to the ground by an extremely strong Chandler Jones. He had no shot.

Again, the fact we're arguing about a QB making a tackle when they're not built for that is silly. I'd say the likelihood of injury would have definitely been there with him trying to take him down, but I know you don't care about that, so I won't even go there.

He got pushed to the ground by an extremely strong Chandler Jones. He had no shot.

Again, the fact we're arguing about a QB making a tackle when they're not built for that is silly. I'd say the likelihood of injury would have definitely been there with him trying to take him down, but I know you don't care about that, so I won't even go there.
If Mac tackles Chandler there then the game goes into overtime. If Mac does anything at all to slow Chandler down then perhaps another Patriots player could have had a chance to catch him and the game goes into overtime. The missed tackle resulted in the loss.

Also, it looks like Mac is cowering as Chandler contacts him which made it much easier for Chandler to push him to the ground.

And how about while the ball is floating through the air? Could Mac have more aggressively tried to break it up? I haven't seen a perfect camera angle for this but it looks like Mac doesn't pursue the lateral from Meyers.

I agree to an extent this is unfortunate, that Mac is taking heat for his extremely poor tackling, because the coaching staff first screwed up the play-call. There were two options there: hail mary or kneel down. Any type of run play should not have been a consideration. So more than Mac, or Stevenson, or Meyers, I'm blaming the coaching staff for this play.

If Mac tackles Chandler there then the game goes into overtime. If Mac does anything at all to slow Chandler down then perhaps another Patriots player could have had a chance to catch him and the game goes into overtime. The missed tackle resulted in the loss.

Also, it looks like Mac is cowering as Chandler contacts him which made it much easier for Chandler to push him to the ground.

And how about while the ball is floating through the air? Could Mac have more aggressively tried to break it up? I haven't seen a perfect camera angle for this but it looks like Mac doesn't pursue the lateral from Meyers.

I agree to an extent this is unfortunate, that Mac is taking heat for his extremely poor tackling, because the coaching staff first screwed up the play-call. There were two options there: hail mary or kneel down. Any type of run play should not have been a consideration. So more than Mac, or Stevenson, or Meyers, I'm blaming the coaching staff for this play.
Just stop. Again, the fact we're even talking about the QB needing to make the tackle tells you the game was messed up.

Mac didn't cower. He went low and Jones has such ridiculously long and strong arms that Mac couldn't even get close to him:

1671558557155.png

And there was no one close to Jones on the Patriots side of the ball except offensive linemen:

1671558609664.png
And absolutely none of those guys were going to chase down Chandler Jones. I mean, what kind of wheels do you think Onwenu has? ;)

Just stop. Again, the fact we're even talking about the QB needing to make the tackle tells you the game was messed up.

Mac didn't cower. He went low and Jones has such ridiculously long and strong arms that Mac couldn't even get close to him:

View attachment 48382

And there was no one close to Jones on the Patriots side of the ball except offensive linemen:

View attachment 48383
And absolutely none of those guys were going to chase down Chandler Jones. I mean, what kind of wheels do you think Onwenu has? ;)
I guess it's up for interpretation. He could have grabbed onto something, his ankle, his arm, his facemask, anything to slow him down. If he had just stepped out of the way then he probably would have looked better. Perhaps too he could broken up the catch by Chandler? Fair or not, he's getting hammered by some national and local media for the "effort." Meyers too for the mind-numbingly stupid lateral. Again, I personally put the majority of the blame on the coaching staff... the play-call was hopelessly futile and it ended up putting the players in a weird spot.

Nice article though... A-

• ThankU!
Reactions: Ian
Whatever... Corky was in a tackling position when Chandler Jones turned to run; THAT'S when he should've made a lunge for the knees, with his arms ready to vice-grip a leg or two just long enough for Hunter Henry to arrive... But he didn't; so, ya know, it wasn't like I actually expected something even close to resembling what I just described to come out of him or anything anyway, because history...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back