PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Networks to use fake crowd noise at games without fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Astute football fans don’t need to be told when to cheer or boo or curse or whatever. But for plenty of viewers the external noise is the nudge they need to know how to feel.“

wow. lol

I mean I’m not surprised but good grief.

What's even scarier is that those people also vote!

I propose that fans log into a NFL website and, using their keyboard, provide input driving the crowd noise. There would be keys assigned for cheer, boo, and "Roger Sucks".

I don’t watch for the sound, I watch for the competition and strategy. Never understood the « crowd noise adds SOOO much » argument.

Nobody watches for the sound.......But I don't understand how you can argue against how much a crowd adds to the overall experience. I guess everyone is different but I'm baffled by anyone that thinks watching NFL games *or sports in general* in silence will make no difference.

Home games will be way less of an advantage for the players without the crowd. On TV, how will they seamlessly coordinate the sounds to the action? Things happen quickly, a fumble, etc. Are the proper sounds delayed by a couple seconds while the sound man reacts to what happens?

If there is a season, there will be no home field advantage. May as well have teams set up at neutral sites to avoid traveling.

Jesus. Look guys, I already have to suspend disbelief so that a bunch of 20-somethings running around in tights for millions of dollars becomes something that I care enough about to watch like 380 Bud Light commercials every year for: don't make this even more fake.

Last edited:
except for Jets games. Then they'll use a Married With Children laugh track.

Will players still jump up into the stands after scoring a TD?

If done right I think I agree.

Fuggit, I don't mind it in Madden... but then Madden is getting pretty realistic... why not just televise Madden games between coaches?

What's even scarier is that those people also vote!
And they vote according to the same general principles... and I would be lying if I said I myself am unaffected by people telling me how I should feel.

If the league is going to add crowd noise to the broadcasts, I want them to go all-in. I want laugh tracks, Seinfeld synthesizer music, explosion sounds, movie sound bites ("Juuuuuuust a bit outside" - Bob Uecker), movie/cartoon/video game characters in the stands. None of this half-assed attempt to recreate a normal NFL game.

Regards,
Chris

I think they said green screen fans too. How long before they slip in CGI players?

If the league is going to add crowd noise to the broadcasts, I want them to go all-in. I want laugh tracks, Seinfeld synthesizer music, explosion sounds, movie sound bites ("Juuuuuuust a bit outside" - Bob Uecker), movie/cartoon/video game characters in the stands. None of this half-assed attempt to recreate a normal NFL game.

Regards,
Chris

They should play the Curb theme song whenever someone misses an extra point.

They may as well just have the HCs play a game of Online Madden and televise it.

So, I’ve been checking out some baseball lately, specifically Korean baseball, and I’ve noticed that the two announcers combined with all of the players grunting, shouting, cheering really makes up for the void that we’d all imagine from having an empty stadium. In other words, it’s really not that bad.

I’ve seen a few teams add in some effects like a beating drum (just off the top of my head) to kind of break up the monotony, but it wasn’t nearly as fake as you’d imagine it to be. I’m sure there may be changes depending on the specific sport and team, as it is obviously a fluid situation.

I would have to imagine that the NBA would somehow find a way to make it cheesy as hell, though.

So the last 2 NFL proposals have been:
1. Reward franchises for minority hires
with higher draft picks
and
2. Pump in fake crowd noise to empty stadiums.
Yes, the league has great leadership.

They won’t do this but it would be fun to hear the players mic’ed up instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots