PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEInsider post on the ESPN message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NEInsider post on the ESPN message board.

Yet again, he has said NOTHING that is not in the public domain. As far as I know, he did not wax lyrical about Jerod Mayo prior to the rumour on the Friday before the draft. He did not say anything about Wheatley or O'Connoll prior to the draft, or say what the Pats' priorities were coming into the draft.

He's interesting, but an insider he almost certainly is not.

Whether NEInsider is a fraud or not is irrelevant. It is nothing but one persons opinion, it contains no "inside info."

Could be someone who just like the Pats who has taken all the positive comments from ESPN, SI, rivals.com, etc got rid of all the negitive and posted it.

Could be a reporter. Could be a generic scout. Could be a Patriots scout. Heck it could even be Bob Kraft or Bill Belichick. The last two being the ultimate insiders. But all it says is, in my opinion these guys are going to be good. In fact if the real "insiders" aren't thinking what is posted, they should have made different selections.

However, whether this was written by a 17-year old kid who has never seen a game live or BB himself, it doesn't mean any of it is going to come true.

Godinthegreyhoodie is right.

Once again, a clear case of PatsFans "speculating"...my how some here love to pretend to be experts. The key word here being "pretend" since none of us are experts.

As we bicker amongst ourselves over whether this guy is truly an insider on top of our own "expert" opinions on whether the 2008 Patriots draft was successful, it would be nice if we all stepped down off our high-horse and just admit....

NONE OF KNOW JACK about either of the above.

This board is not for media wanna-be's or self-proclaimed guys "in-the-know". We're just Patriots fans...men & women who love football and our Patriots.

I see so many pontifications by some members attempting to impress the rest of us and I ask myself, "why would anyone do that?"

Can anyone help me answer that question?

Last edited:
Who cares if he is a fraud or not. The Patriots aren't going to draft players they don't think highly of anyway, so I'm not surprised to see positive comments. You won't be able to grade this draft or these players for a good few years anyway. What's the big deal.

Last edited:

Yet again, he has said NOTHING that is not in the public domain. As far as I know, he did not wax lyrical about Jerod Mayo prior to the rumour on the Friday before the draft. He did not say anything about Wheatley or O'Connoll prior to the draft, or say what the Pats' priorities were coming into the draft.

He's interesting, but an insider he almost certainly is not.

I agree. The only piece of information that was new to me was that "Dom Capers loves Wilhite by the way." Even the stuff where he criticizes college coaching staffs was said first by Belichick.

Godinthegreyhoodie is right.

Once again, a clear case of PatsFans "speculating"...my how some here love to pretend to be experts. The key word here being "pretend" since none of us are experts.

As we bicker amongst ourselves over whether this guy is truly an insider on top of our own "expert" opinions on whether the 2008 Patriots draft was successful, it would be nice if we all stepped down off our high-horse and just admit....

NONE OF KNOW JACK about either of the above.

This board is not for media wanna-be's or self-proclaimed guys "in-the-know". We're just Patriots fans...men & women who love football and our Patriots.

I see so many pontifications by some members attempting to impress the rest of us and I ask myself, "why would anyone do that?"

Can anyone help me answer that question?

I'm going to do my impersonation of three posters you'd like:

Patfan007: WOOO GO PATS!!!!!!
Patsfan#1: YEEEAAAAAAAAAH PATS RULE!
unoriginal: WOOOOOOO WOOOOOOO I'M FITTING IN!

No inside info? I respectfully disagree.

"Have no clue who NEInsider is but he was right about Slater. In todays minicamp Slater worked exclusively with Capers at DB with up close coaching from Capers.

This person was right about ESPN and the draft before anyone mentioned it in the media. ESPN was missing from Foxboro during draft."

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=nwe&tid=2751660&tsn=21

Maybe he could tell us who the mystery 6 tryout players were??....THAT would be interesting...

Maybe he could tell us who the mystery 6 tryout players were??....THAT would be interesting...

Well, I'm one of them!

Yup, at 49 years old, I decided to give it one more shot!;)

Well, I'm one of them!

Yup, at 49 years old, I decided to give it one more shot!;)

U should of put the cape on like the Iggles fan in 'Invincible' = "Yeah baby, played on Varsity in high school! Starter for 1 year! I'm in the best shape of my life!" (as he chomps another bite of a huge cheesesteak and loks to a 'round' 380 ibs!)..........awesome! Go PatsReign! ..Heck I'll take a job as'spit bucket' boy on the sideline!

U should of put the cape on like the Iggles fan in 'Invincible' = "Yeah baby, played on Varsity in high school! Starter for 1 year! I'm in the best shape of my life!" (as he chomps another bite of a huge cheesesteak and loks to a 'round' 380 ibs!)..........awesome! Go PatsReign! ..Heck I'll take a job as'spit bucket' boy on the sideline!

At least you'd save $1,500/yr and have the best seat in da house.

Mar17, ESPN conversations, NEInsider:
NE has interest in Ty Law but Ty being Ty he has a rather inflated view of his value as a mid 30's corner. Bill would really like to get him because Bill and Pioli think they are in better shape than most "experts" think at corner with the signings made so far and it does look like Meriweather could make a permanent move to corner. The coaches felt no player on the team improved more over the last half of the season once he got into the program than Brandon.
So they're in better shape than the 'experts' think at corner, and it 'does look like' Meriweather will move permanently to corner, but they drafted a CB in the 2nd and 4th rounds.

If Meriweather takes most of his TC snaps at corner, I might consider NEInsider is for real. Until then, I think he's a clever and entertaining fraud.

What does it matter if the guy is really an insider or not. He at least opens up discussion on those guys. The only thing that leads me to believe he is not an insider is that he promotes the lower drafted players a bit more than reality dictates ... but it's harmless.

Slightly concerned that a guy who supposedly is well placed and intelligent can't spell the word 'blossom'.....

:rofl:Awesome.

It's good to read, either way. There's nothing overly original and his stuff about Meriweather makes me doubt; on the other hand he was the first to point out how the Patriots have totally shut out the media - Belichick usually does an interview during the draft on ESPN but this year they weren't even at Foxboro and while they don't have a camera everywhere, the Patriots are CLEARLY a team ESPN would like to cover.

No inside info? I respectfully disagree.

"Have no clue who NEInsider is but he was right about Slater. In todays minicamp Slater worked exclusively with Capers at DB with up close coaching from Capers.

This person was right about ESPN and the draft before anyone mentioned it in the media. ESPN was missing from Foxboro during draft."

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=nfl&id=nwe&tid=2751660&tsn=21

Mel Kiper said when the Pats selected Slater that he had him projected as a safety in the Pros. Everyone in the media compared him to Troy Brown in the fact that he could play both WR and DB. That means the only inside information NEInsider needed was watching ESPN's telecast of the draft.

"Off the field, Mayo, who graduated with his degree in sports management."

If you've read all of this guy's posts, he sure is convincing. Knowing details, like Josh McDaniels going out to visit with O'Connell... they could be made up, but they're too consistent with what we expect from Belichick's staff and what we see from the outside.

If this guy was a fraud, he wouldn't be disciplined enough not to post more often. The reason NEInsider doesn't post much is because he probably doesn't want to draw too much attention to himself. Makes sense. I just hope he's smart enough not to post from a Patriots' office computer.

I think if he is real, then he must have permission from higher up. (Oh, that is a big "if".:) It fits, of course a Patriots insider would like all the draft picks. "Boy, we screwed up," is not a common thought.:))

Read this paragraph here and tell me this does not sound like what Coach Belichick said right after the draft:

link

NEInsider is... Bill Belichick!

No. It is some intern. Is it amazing that the student starts thinking like the teacher?

BB or Kraft probably signs off on it.

If you've read all of this guy's posts, he sure is convincing. Knowing details, like Josh McDaniels going out to visit with O'Connell... they could be made up, but they're too consistent with what we expect from Belichick's staff and what we see from the outside.

Or he could have read the Boston Globe online. Below is a link to Mike Reis' blog on April 27th about McDaniels going to scout O'Connell:

Offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels had traveled to San Diego to privately work out O'Connell, so the Patriots had him in their crosshairs in the pre-draft process.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/04/oconnell_analys.html

NEInsider posted his post on the 30th. So maybe Mike Reis or anyone who reads his blog is NEInsider.

The language that is used reminds me of a miracle hair loss cure advertisement. It's not language a person on BB's staff would use. Perhaps one of their kids.

One can't eliminate all the staff. A college kid on an internship and getting coffee for the scouts, etc. would fit.

Or it is a real good fake.

Or it is BB using language to throw us off the scent.:)

Maybe it is Jonathan Kraft? Myra Kraft?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back