PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Need a name for the “Dola” catch....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the post where all of that was laid out... worth repeating though

Would be nice to see someone make a top 10-15 Amendola clutch catch compilation. Between early onset CTE and bad memory in general, there’s probably some I’m forgetting.

The 8th Wonder

(For BB/TBs 8th SB appearance)

The 'Dola toe-la drag snag.

The Amen-Dola #26

Actually that's an interesting question. How many clutch moments has Amendola been a part of?

1. 4th and 18
2. 4th Qtr TD
3. 4th and 1 (2?) Super Bowl 51
4. TD Super Bowl 51
5. 2 pt conversion Super Bowl 51
6. TD Super Bowl 49
7. Edelman to Amendola TD vs Ravens
8. Diving TD vs Ravens

View attachment 19466
This was my point as well.

So many to choose from. It’s truly amazing.

I've strongly considered getting an Amendola jersey. Even if he somehow left after this season, I'd still be proud to wear it. I hope he stays. He's as clutch as they come and he's truly part of the Patriot family.

That catch he made earlier in the game on the left side was quite similar to the catch that Welker didn't make, but I digress - how about that Pass he made to Lewis, perfection!!! He does it all.

I know the one you mean. The Welker catch was easier

How about just “The Catch.”

Like?

Not like?

First, they need to finish the job next weekend.

Not to be a wet blanket, but no one really talks that much about Sterling Moore’s endzone strip in the AFCCG to send us to the SB back in the 2011 season, and that’s obviously because we didn’t win the next week.

It will always be considered to be a big grab no matter what, but winning next week could be the difference between having a cool, legendary nickname or not. :cool:

First, they need to finish the job next weekend.

Not to be a wet blanket, but no one really talks that much about Sterling Moore’s endzone strip in the AFCCG to send us to the SB back in the 2011 season, and that’s obviously because we didn’t win the next week.

Though, to be honest, I've never forgotten that Sterling Moore strip in the end zone. It could be also because that seems to be Butler's go-to as well when a receiver makes a catch.

The Dola Savah

Who/what is this? Ooooh, ooooh, aye oh agghhh.
That's Tony Nomo's description of Dola's huge catch on 3 and 18.
It sure sounded like Nomo was hoping for an incomplete pass there.

Which Dola catch? There's been a few. Personally I don't think that catch against the Jags rises to the level of prominence anywhere near the game tying 2 point conversion from last year. And let's not forget he played a huge role in both of our recent Superbowls, scoring key touchdowns as well as that huge 2

The Butlerception was a named play because even though Butler will have other picks, the play defined his career and put him in the national spotlight for the first time. This is nowhere near the first time Dola came up huge for us.

A guy who's been as consistently clutch as Amendola doesn't get named plays. He just gets "heck yeah, there goes Dola again!"

Which one? All the guy does is make clutch catches in the postseason. Isn’t that right, @Brady6? ;)

We don't even have a name for Edelman's catch, I don't think this one really hits that level of needing a name frankly. Not everything needs a name.

Don't get me wrong it was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back