PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Need a Good laugh? CHB on Denver sports radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Need a Good laugh

Im listen to a Denver sports station and there going to have the curley haird boyfried on right now. Should be worth a laugh

http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/lincolnfinancial/index.php?callsign=KKFNFM

Jeez ..... CHB is spewing such BS. "I'm a lone wolf around here", claiming he's the only person in New England that doesn't think the Pats are a SB team. Brings up the 'haven't beaten a single winning team' crap ... Pats don't win games, other teams beat themselves ... etc.

Jeez ..... CHB is spewing such BS. "I'm a lone wolf around here", claiming he's the only person in New England that doesn't think the Pats are a SB team. Brings up the 'haven't beaten a single winning team' crap ... Pats don't win games, other teams beat themselves ... etc.

Ya he's being his typical douche self. Defense is a "house of Cards" and are frontrunners. I think he would give his right nut for a Bronco win

Ya he's being his typical douche self. Defense is a "house of Cards" and are frontrunners. I think he would give his right nut for a Bronco win

The defense is "Frontrunners"? I don't know, seems to me they play their best when down at least 17-0.

His responses went far beyond analysis; it was obvious who he'll be rooting for Saturday.

This next segment questioning the ethics of hiring McDaniels should be interesting.

I've heard this argument from the Shaughnessy, Borges, etc crowd before: They are beacons of objectivity amid a sea of media homers. I wonder, who are the blind Patriots worshippers out there in the NE media?

I guess there are some on the radio side, like Smerlas or maybe Dale Arnold, but I can't think of any writers who fall into that category.

Why, oh why, is that smarmy smug tool talking/writing publicly about football? He's a freaking baseball writer!

His responses went far beyond analysis; it was obvious who he'll be rooting for Saturday.

This next segment questioning the ethics of hiring McDaniels should be interesting.

I'm sure they'll mention how this hire was known and all but official two days before the broncs' miracle win, and no one objected then.

Plus the left one.

Anyone else listening to 98.5? Shaughnessy is on. Just said "The Super Bowl, it's the Patriots' to lose." They were talking about the remaining AFC teams, so maybe he was just talking about getting there. Still, doesn't sound like much of a "lone wolf."

Why, oh why, is that smarmy smug tool talking/writing publicly about football? He's a freaking baseball writer!
And his analysis/opinion was great example of why baseball people shouldn't talk football, because you can't apply baseball standards to the game of football. In baseball when a fielder makes an error it's completely on him; you don't (or extremely rarely) hear anyone say that the opponent did something to force the error. CHB incorrectly used that baseball logic to essentially say whenever there is a turnover in football it's all due to an 'error' by the team that gave the ball away, with no consideration that perhaps the defense deserves some credit for making a play.

I'm sure they'll mention how this hire was known and all but official two days before the broncs' miracle win, and no one objected then.
Surprisingly the two Denver announcers were saying people making a big deal about the hiring were wrong. McD is apparently extremely vilified there so they seem to think he'll immediately screw up the Pats offense; their point was that Bronco fans should be happy, not upset. And they also pointed out people were reacting emotionally to their hatred of McD, saying people are being hypocrites for saying he was so bad a year ago but now he's going to suddenly have all this super coaching ability.

However the big point they made about people in Denver being hypocrites was one I had forgotten all about. When Al Davis fired Mike Shanahan it was four games into the season, and Denver immediately hired him as their QB coach; Shanahan was then on the Broncos staff for not one, but two games that year against the Raiders.

The last point they made I did have to laugh at though. They said that if the Broncos beat the Pats then the Patriots window of opportunity would be completely shut and they would bottom out to multiple years of double-digit losses starting next year.

I think I've been hearing 'the Pats run is over' mantra from opposing fans every year for ten straight seasons now, but I guess per their logic since something like that happened somewhere along the line to the Broncos, that means the same thing would happen to the Patriots if they don't win Saturday? :confused2:

Shaughnessy was obviously prepping himself for his usual "Boston versus [insert opponent's city here]" column. He'll start with his version of the column from January 2006, cut and paste rhetoric from one of his other such columns, and add two relatively new Denver-related items in strategic locations. On the merits of this column he will then be awarded yet another Sportswriter of the Year award from the *********** society in which he travels.

Seriously, is attention really necessary on this one, or were we thinking he is capable of either insight or credibility (in the same respect as it is theoretically possible to gather together enough monkeys and enough word processors and produce "Hamlet").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore