PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE trades for WR/KR Patterson !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I like to forget and think that people here have generally reasoned takes but then free agency comes along and every mediocrity the Patriots acquire is dreamed up as a superstar in waiting by dozens of posters

Seems like you are projecting here..... No one is sitting here thinking he's gonna be a top 10 WR, all that's here are some people thinking it was a good move getting an elite KR which was a need unless you are one of those people who think you can just put anyone back there.

Can't believe they ****ing traded that pick to draft Jamie Collins who they then traded and eventually traded to get Cordarrelle Patterson

The haul they got from Minny for that #29 also got the Pats Logan Ryan and, through another trade, Blount.

And they ended up with Patterson anyway. Well, Patterson with five years NFL experience instead of Patterson the raw rookie.

That's really playing the long game.

This makes the team faster. Patterson ran a 4.42, both Cooks and Dorsett ran 4.35, if McCarron makes it, he ran a 4.41. Good speed on offense, now need some good speed on defense.

Patterson is from my neck of the woods - went to HS at Northwestern in Rock Hill, SC. Watched him a lot, then he went to UT. I think route running has held him back in the NFL. We are acquiring some speed merchants.

I doubt he’s going to get much action in the offense. His route running is pretty limited. This feels like more of a move to bolster the ST.

I feel like he can do simple stuff like screen passes and jet sweeps. With his speed he can be effective.

Northwestern is the same HS Ben Watson attended. Big time program - multiple NFL players. Patterson won a state title there - FWIW.

He's a good gunner and returner. With touchbacks so common now, he's not worth the 3 million cap hit. BB will find a role for him or he will get cut before the season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back