PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE trades for WR/KR Patterson !

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a good gunner and returner. With touchbacks so common now, he's not worth the 3 million cap hit. BB will find a role for him or he will get cut before the season starts.
Gotta believe Bill has more in mind for him then just ST, even if it's just a handful of offensive snaps a game, and in game injury insurance.

Patterson will be
1) our KR replacing Lewis (his stats are similar to those of Lewis)
2) an available receiver replacing Amendola in that role (his stats are similar to Hogan)
3) a gunner, replacing Slater in that role (or a backup if Slater is back)

He's a good gunner and returner. With touchbacks so common now, he's not worth the 3 million cap hit. BB will find a role for him or he will get cut before the season starts.

Patterson will be our #5 WR (with one of the others being inactive each week), His receiving stats are similar to those of Hogan.

Considering last year's active roster, Patterson replaces both Amendola and a ST gunner, saving an active roster spot (and also a spot on the 53).

Patterson will be
1) our KR replacing Lewis (his stats are similar to those of Lewis)
2) an available receiver replacing Amendola in that role (his stats are similar to Hogan)
3) a gunner, replacing Slater in that role (or a backup if Slater is back)

He can' get open like Hogan or run routes like amendola.

A WR stud in college at Tennessee. Just couldn’t replicate that in NFL. Glad to have him at KR though.
He had no QB in Minny, now he does...Watch out..this kid can run like cheetah, what a steal this was...

I'm going to wait to see who we get for LT, but if we go into the season with Waddle there? I'm going to say, I'd trade Patterson and his $3.25m hit to the cap, plus the flip of picks with the Raiders, for the opportunity to pay Solder $3m more this year than we offered.

After a extended misspelled journey thru wikipedia and pro football reference my first thought is the new guy needs a nickname.

If CP has a good year and leaves as a free agent, how high a possible draft pick could the Pats recoup?

His track background was pretty impressive its like BB bought Josh a fast car to tool around in 2018 as a way to say thanks for staying.

Patterson will be our #5 WR (with one of the others being inactive each week), His receiving stats are similar to those of Hogan.

Considering last year's active roster, Patterson replaces both Amendola and a ST gunner, saving an active roster spot (and also a spot on the 53).

Calling him similar to Hogan is just wrong. Hogan is a real NFL receiver. Patterson is a gadget guy who is fast.

I'm going to wait to see who we get for LT, but if we go into the season with Waddle there? I'm going to say, I'd trade Patterson and his $3.25m hit to the cap, plus the flip of picks with the Raiders, for the opportunity to pay Solder $3m more this year than we offered.
There's gotta be a better solution than that...we just haven't seen it yet. No way Bill under values addressing LT properly. If he does then maybe there is some creedence to him not wanting Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back