PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE trades for WR/KR Patterson !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we swapped 159 for 185
These are fantastic moves.
I’ve heard that most teams only have about 100 players in their boards. When you get into the 5th 6th and 7th you are picking guys who many teams don’t even have in their board. Trading down from late 5 to mid 6 is possibly no cost at all.

Another Philip Dorsett................. Dorsett had 4 catches in 2018.

All-Pro KR
#2 All-Time in KR Average
For a swap of a 5th & 6th when you were looking at KR duties being decided in training camp is a solid deal

Could probably chip in 300 yards receiving and maybe 200 yards rushing.

You know McDaniels will run this several times with him this year

We have to be the Kings of swapping picks and trading back a round to pick up a player in the last year of his deal.

Basically picking up players that would otherwise be cut. Swapping a late round pick is essentially a way to get something rather than nothing when a decision has already been made to release a player.

Basically picking up players that would otherwise be cut. Swapping a late round pick is essentially a way to get something rather than nothing when a decision has already been made to release a player.

True, plus we don’t have to compete with other teams when it comes to signing them

Same odds with late round drafted players. Only the guys Bill is getting have obviously shown something in the NFL that he likes. #WINNING

My god I really love this trade. He's a bit of a swiss army knife. He's fast as hell, but yet very stout and does not go down easily. He's perfect to run screens/jet sweeps with - even if he's contacted quickly you've got a good chance of him breaking/absorbing the contact and continuing to gain positive yardage.

Plus he's a ridiculously good KR. Dion was very good but it scared me to death every time he did it because he was so valuable on offense. Pretty incredible to have a guy this talented at KR who probably won't be a "core" piece of the passing offense so less at risk in a sense. That said, I think if he can learn a good chunk of the offense then he will be a real asset, I'm kinda hoping he works out well enough to get an extension soon TBH.

The theoretical speed on offense right now is just incredible, too. Imagine running Cooks, Dorsett, Patterson and Hogan on "go" routes at the same time. Disgustingly fast.

Patterson did return punts in college. He has good size (6-2, 220). I could see him as a RB as well as a WR. If BB is put off by the $3M price tag, could redo the deal to a multi-year and spread out the cap hits.
At this point he is 50/50, maybe worse to make the team, so let’s table the long term contract talk.

I like it. Giving up a late 5 for an earlier 6 is a 20 slot drop in the draft-ish.

Patterson covers the KR spot and if Slater actually walks...we can carry Patterson as our WR6.

BTW, anyone notice that we have gone with more vertical speed in recent years: Hogan, Cooks, Dorsett, and now Patterson......

Another Philip Dorsett................. Dorsett had 4 catches in 2018.
He had 12, although several of them were for big chunk plays. He definitely made the most of his opportunities. I hope he's able to stick around for a 2nd year in this offense. Lots of potential. I wonder if they'll try to feature him in place of Cooks sometimes (à la Edelman getting snaps ahead of Welker that one year) to see how he does in his place.

Last edited:
Patterson did return punts in college. He has good size (6-2, 220). I could see him as a RB as well as a WR. If BB is put off by the $3M price tag, could redo the deal to a multi-year and spread out the cap hits.
He wouldn't last a full game as a RB. He runs way to upright,
I like it. Giving up a late 5 for an earlier 6 is a 20 slot drop in the draft-ish.

Patterson covers the KR spot and if Slater actually walks...we can carry Patterson as our WR6.

BTW, anyone notice that we have gone with more vertical speed in recent years: Hogan, Cooks, Dorsett, and now Patterson......
Don't think Slater is coming back, so yes this is a nice proactive move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back