PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE signs another vet LT: Ulrick John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't imagine this affects their draft thinking or reflects in any way on their like/dislike of this year's prospects.

John is equivalent to a 7th rounder in terms of talent. He's a warm body for camp with a long shot chance of making the roster.

Undersized but pretty athletic. Not a bad option for camp competition at swing tackle. I don't have any higher hopes than that, but we'll see.

upload_2018-4-23_17-17-22.png

Ulrick Tremayne John, Jr. (6057/297) - turns 26 on May 20th.

5.02/40, 1.68/10yd (!!)
20 reps
30" vertical, 107" long jump
4.62 shuttle, 7.20 3-cone (!!)

He's instantly the most athletic OL on the Pats roster. Overall, his testing numbers are right up there with Kolton Miller's.

Started 21 of 22 games at LT during his junior and senior years at GA State.

Originally drafted by the Dolts out of Georgia State at #232 in 2014. Spent 2014 and the first half of 2015 on the Dolts Psquad.

Poached by the 'Fins on Halloween 2015. He was active for 2 games and played 29 snaps, all in one game (51% of the snaps in a week-14 loss at San Diego). The Fins sent him down to their Psquad in final cuts at the end of 2016 Camp.

Poached by Arizona at the beginning of October 2016. Started weeks 11-13 at RT (212 snaps) in place of DJ Humphries who was apparently moved to LT when Veldheer went to IR with a torn tricep. Then, Ulrick himself was sent to IR with a shoulder injury in mid-December. The Cards sent him down to their Psquad during final cuts in 2017.

The Packers poached Ulrick off the Cards' Psquad at the end of September 2017. He was active for 5 games and played 40 total snaps - 32 of them in week-6 versus the Vikings (49% of the game snaps). He became a UFA in 2018 and wasn't re-signed by Green Bay.

Can't imagine this affects their draft thinking or reflects in any way on their like/dislike of this year's prospects.

John is equivalent to a 7th rounder in terms of talent. He's a warm body for camp with a long shot chance of making the roster.

It doesn't affect it . it could be effect of it though.

Most tackles in this class have 7th round tape . on slightly better sized bodies and athletic cards. Still better to bring a “warm camp body“ on a vet min deal than on a 1st round pick. At least this “body“ has some NFL experience/development so they can project better what they are getting. And versatility at all OL positions (which makes him a “versatile camp body“).

They spent 6th and 7th rounder on last years “camp body“ McDermott..

Like mentioned before T/G Wynn would be more than welcome high pick addition ..

5.02/40, 1.68/10yd (!!)
20 reps

He's instantly the most athletic OL on the Pats roster. Overall, his testing numbers are right up there with Kolton Miller's.

Originally drafted by the Dolts out of Georgia State at #232 in 2014. Spent 2014 and the first half of 2015 on the Dolts Psquad.

Poached by the 'Fins on Halloween 2015. He was active for 2 games and played 29 snaps, all in one game (51% of the snaps in a week-14 loss at San Diego). The Fins sent him down to their Psquad in final cuts at the end of 2016 Camp.

Poached by Arizona at the beginning of October 2016. Started weeks 11-13 at RT (212 snaps) in place of DJ Humphries who was apparently moved to LT when Veldheer went to IR with a torn tricep. Then, Ulrick himself was sent to IR with a shoulder injury in mid-December. The Cards sent him down to their Psquad during final cuts in 2017.

The Packers poached Ulrick off the Cards' Psquad at the end of September 2017. He was active for 5 games and played 40 total snaps - 32 of them in week-6 versus the Vikings (49% of the game snaps). He became a UFA in 2018 and wasn't re-signed by Green Bay.

297 is a little low for a Pats OL but he’s probably added weight since his pro day. Problem is that this doesn’t give us any guidance as it pertains to Miller or someone like O’Neill

A) they had Miller in for a visit and decided they don’t want him and got someone similar instead.

Or

B) they’ve decided they like Miller, want to draft him but signed this guy just in case they miss out

Man I hate overthinking the draft :)

Of course

C) this is entirely unrelated to the draft

Is most likely.

Does he possess Cat like quickness?

more of a dogged determination

injuratura%20varza.gif

5.02/40, 1.68/10yd (!!)
20 reps

So much for athletic cards..
btw - he was listed 309 lbs on Packers roster so he probably added to his sack

If Wynn was coming out next year i'd love him, see him more as a Guard rather than a Tackle, but he would be a perfect Shaq Mason replacement as he's going to get $$$$

That’s why I love his versatility. If Garcia isn’t ready to start this season we could use him in our tackle rotation and then either keep him there or move him to G to replace mason if we don’t resign

we need camp bodies at LT

this player seems like a player who might compete for the Practice Squad

1. They have to have German named LT
2. More vet options for Dante's magic factory
3. Hopefully no LT in 1st..

That’s why I love his versatility. If Garcia isn’t ready to start this season we could use him in our tackle rotation and then either keep him there or move him to G to replace mason if we don’t resign

If he was going to stay an extra year i'd be all over it! I could see us going there depending on how the Draft falls!

See if any sticks on the wall... :rolleyes:

This dude is so bad he has a last name for a first name and a first name for a last name.
Hi pot my name is kettle. PATRICK I believe your username should be JewPat. No insult meant. Just having fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back