PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Name an act by a NFL fanbase at any time in NFL history that’s worse than turning on Tom Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally try and imagine a fanbase that viciously turns on the greatest player/leader/quarterback in NFL history, who proudly wore their uniform for two decades, because HE was ran out of town and rejected by the ****ing organization.

This isn’t a Tommy thread. It’s a You thread.

I’d literally rather be known for throwing batteries at Santa than turning so visually against Tom ****ing Terrific after twenty years.
I can’t think of any legacy that any other NFL fanbase has as a mark against them that’s more putrid than that.

Tom Brady’s retirement thread is up and if we followed the same course as the last two years, half of it should be people snidely asking why it isn’t in a dingy, dusty sub-forum of outcast posters and 2nd class citizens.

This is Tom ****ing Brady we’re talking about here, incase you forgot. Tom Brady.

You used to listen to Gil Santos excitedly call his touchdown passes while driving through ****ing snow storms. You watched him almost go undefeated with your entire community, and probably friends and family that aren’t even with you anymore.

But you literally rooted for his failure in Tampa, and like a Colts and Bronco fan, suddenly try attributing all his success to a ****ing “system.” Honestly, these are ****ing Pats fans I’m talking about.

Pats fans.

I can’t think of a single character-defining deed by another fanbase that rises to the level of vile seen here, on this subject, since the beginning.

And now he’s retired.

If the ****ty ass sentiment against Tommy on this forum rises to even a ****ing 3rd of all IRL Patriot fans, then this organization deserves to be ****ing cursed for a thousand years.

Literally name a vibe worse than turning against Tom Brady for reasons by another fan base at any time in NFL history.

Name one example. I’m really struggling to think of even one.

You really see what we are now without all the dominant, style-points riddled winning, and it doesn’t look pretty. Looks pretty unbearable, actually.
1643929612541.gif

Cry more. If you despise so many Pats fans for “turnin’ on Twommy”, you should stop coming/posting here. That is the only rational solution.

Please…………
“Mickey Mantle? That's what you're upset about? Mantle makes $100 thousand a year. How much does your father make? “…If your dad needs money, go Ask Mickey Mantle. See what happens. Mickey Mantle don't care about you. Why care about him? Nobody cares.”

Cool story bro

Nice ratio too

Does your next thread begin with:
"Literally try and imagine a fanbase that viciously turns on the greatest COACH in NFL history, who proudly LED THEIR TEAM for two decades, because HE HAD A LOSING SEASON AND THEN A 1-AND-DONE IN THE PLAYOFFS."

I used to come here for the insights. Now it's the humor...and the ratio.

Lets take it easy on Pats fans. The GOAT just retired after winning a SB with another team. And some are piping hot he didn't send them a thank you card.

We lost Josh.

Flores is torching the league just to watch it burn.

Our HC would F up dialing 911 if his pad was on fire. Linda probably cuts his steak and chicken for him.

This is bizarre. I can’t be the only poster who has this take.

The Patriots are a sports team. Fans enjoy cheering for the team. They are happy when they win and are frustrated when they lose. It is a form of entertainment that helps maintain moral in the long winter months and gives us something to look forward to before tackling another work week.

Being labelled a Brady hater is weird. Being in lust with an athlete is weird. Thinking Brady - despite his massive success and his clear ascension to the top of the football world - is some kind of deity or treasured family member… weird.

All of this got weird at some point. Likely when the children who idolized Brady became young adults (who’d never cheered for anyone else before TB’s arrival to NE) became “adults” and started posting.

For reference : Brady doesn’t need to be the center of your universe for you to be a fan. You aren’t a “hater” if you are ok with an alltime great moving on. By continuing to live a full, meaningful life despite a QB changing uniforms , you aren’t a traitor.

Maybe I am in the minority, but there must be others who see this as a diversion, rather than life/death.

Does your next thread begin with:
"Literally try and imagine a fanbase that viciously turns on the greatest COACH in NFL history, who proudly LED THEIR TEAM for two decades, because HE HAD A LOSING SEASON AND THEN A 1-AND-DONE IN THE PLAYOFFS."

I used to come here for the insights. Now it's the humor...and the ratio.
It’s less and less fun. I loved the insights and the speculation. But, slowly, I fear patsfans is becoming a cult.

What are you, the fan police? Going to start writing tickets?

such an angry person, hope you find the happiness your looking for with all your posts. Maybe you’ll find another team to root for too.
Yeah, that’s right, I’m the ****ing fan police. I regulate **** behavior, like Batman.

This is bizarre. I can’t be the only poster who has this take.

The Patriots are a sports team. Fans enjoy cheering for the team. They are happy when they win and are frustrated when they lose. It is a form of entertainment that helps maintain moral in the long winter months and gives us something to look forward to before tackling another work week.

Being labelled a Brady hater is weird. Being in lust with an athlete is weird. Thinking Brady - despite his massive success and his clear ascension to the top of the football world - is some kind of deity or treasured family member… weird.

All of this got weird at some point. Likely when the children who idolized Brady became young adults (who’d never cheered for anyone else before TB’s arrival to NE) became “adults” and started posting.

For reference : Brady doesn’t need to be the center of your universe for you to be a fan. You aren’t a “hater” if you are ok with an alltime great moving on. By continuing to live a full, meaningful life despite a QB changing uniforms , you aren’t a traitor.

Maybe I am in the minority, but there must be others who see this as a diversion, rather than life/death.
It's very weird and you might be onto something with the bolded. I think somewhere along the lines a lot of the new fans that success brought turned out to be more Brady fans than Pats fans and they're being really ****ing weird about needing to put the team down and prop up Brady to be some kind of deity. He's the best player to ever play the game but I stopped caring about him the second he wasn't a Patriot anymore

Yeah, that’s right, I’m the ****ing fan police. I regulate **** behavior, like Batman.
Let me know how that works out for you. I’m genuinely interested.

Let me know how that works out for you. I’m genuinely interested.
Working out great.

It's very weird and you might be onto something with the bolded. I think somewhere along the lines a lot of the new fans that success brought turned out to be more Brady fans than Pats fans and they're being really ****ing weird about needing to put the team down and prop up Brady to be some kind of deity. He's the best player to ever play the game but I stopped caring about him the second he wasn't a Patriot anymore

Now I know who Jet fans were talking about this whole time when they were saying Patriot fans were low class trash.

Mods should have been banning these people seven ****ing years ago.
fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

Not NFL, but Harry Sinden traded Bobby Orr.

Then you got Babe Ruth. Jim Plunkett was treated rather shabbily.

Tom Brady’s retirement thread is up and if we followed the same course as the last two years, half of it should be people snidely asking why it isn’t in a dingy, dusty sub-forum of outcast posters and 2nd class citizens.
Its Ians fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick