PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My problem with Bill Belichick as a coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... I read about half of this thread and then started skimming...
It has already been mentioned that our team drafts LATE almost every year...
The salary cap is the great equalizer... Yes you can criticize this team...
Yes we need(ed) WR's... Yes our LB's are slow...

I think what some members are missing is the fact that our coaching staff is successful because they *usually* extract every ounce of talent and discipline out of the players they have NOT because they have the best players across the board.

Belichick's so-called, alleged, claimed "genius" scheme is to hope that opposing teams are sorry enough to beat themselves and allow him to win. How can 31 teams watch NE tape, and not realize that they can destroy NE with a deep passing game, like most offenses do against the Saints' sorry defense.

Fans keep saying, "the d don't give up big plays." This is the biggest garbage truck of trash I have ever heard. Watch NE's D against offenses that throw deep and often, especially NFC offenses. See them against Smith, Wilson, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Foles, Newton and every other team who don't play in the AFC East outside of Trashburg. This D has been trash for years.

The "bend but don't break" BS narrative was created by the press to continue to convince fans who don't watch Pats on the regular and new fans to the game, that BB is some kind of genius. They try to use the points allowed misleading stat to back up their claims. The D has been bending and breaking for years, but Brady's success has been covering it up. The moment Brady can no longer get it done, because he has scrubs at the O-line and WR position, then people will start to question BB's so-called genius. When in reality they should've been questioning his "genius" years ago, like I've been doing.

I know my opinion about Belichick ain't popular, and most fans worship him because he won several bowls. Good for him, but I can't ignore his suckage the past 8 years because of what he's done some 10-12 years ago. I'll judge him, just like I judge anybody else.

Just watch our games. It's all there. The D sucks when we win and they suck when we lose. It's not even just a swagger issue, it's an overall suckage issue.

The lack of talent has been a Problem no doubt but the drafting has been subpar to say the least.
It is difficult to have a good draft when you trade away many of your
early round draft picks.

t I can't ignore his suckage the past 8 years because of what he's done some 10-12 years ago. I'll judge him, just like I judge anybody else.

Ok , I will play along. The past 8 years of suckage. Lets see:

7 Straight AFCCG
Top 10 D last 6 years
Top 3 D (avg) last 2 years
3 Superbowls
2 Lombardi trophies

Who are the most underrated players in Pats history ?
captain troll doesn't think any player is underrated, all overrated. Even Brady

Belichick's so-called, alleged, claimed "genius" scheme is to hope that opposing teams are sorry enough to beat themselves and allow him to win. How can 31 teams watch NE tape, and not realize that they can destroy NE with a deep passing game, like most offenses do against the Saints' sorry defense.

Fans keep saying, "the d don't give up big plays." This is the biggest garbage truck of trash I have ever heard. Watch NE's D against offenses that throw deep and often, especially NFC offenses. See them against Smith, Wilson, Rodgers, Brees, Ryan, Foles, Newton and every other team who don't play in the AFC East outside of Trashburg. This D has been trash for years.

The "bend but don't break" BS narrative was created by the press to continue to convince fans who don't watch Pats on the regular and new fans to the game, that BB is some kind of genius. They try to use the points allowed misleading stat to back up their claims. The D has been bending and breaking for years, but Brady's success has been covering it up. The moment Brady can no longer get it done, because he has scrubs at the O-line and WR position, then people will start to question BB's so-called genius. When in reality they should've been questioning his "genius" years ago, like I've been doing.

I know my opinion about Belichick ain't popular, and most fans worship him because he won several bowls. Good for him, but I can't ignore his suckage the past 8 years because of what he's done some 10-12 years ago. I'll judge him, just like I judge anybody else.

Just watch our games. It's all there. The D sucks when we win and they suck when we lose. It's not even just a swagger issue, it's an overall suckage issue.

This from a guy who only posts when the team loses.

Last edited:

...and through all that suckage they've finished in top 10 in points allowed every year and since 2011, partipated in 7 AFCCGs, 4 SBs winning 2.

It's not bend don't break. It's minimizing scoring plays.

Stop drinking.

It is difficult to have a good draft when you trade away many of your
early round draft picks.
Are you going to name these picks or are you going to be your usual old decrepit windbag self?

Are you going to name these picks or are you going to be your usual old decrepit windbag self?

My favorite narrative is how Bill traded away Chandler Jones & Jamie Collins and say that is why Pats lost to the Eagles. Completely ignoring the fact that after both were traded the Pats went on to win a SB.

My favorite narrative is how Bill traded away Chandler Jones & Jamie Collins and say that is why Pats lost to the Eagles. Completely ignoring the fact that after both were traded the Pats went on to win a SB.
But that doesn't fit the BB sucks narrative...

The perils of discussing football with idiots.

The team drafted more all-pros and pro bowlers than any other team. Please explain
Who was the last defensive pro bowler drafted by belichick? I really don’t know. I would guess it was Hightower, the guy drafted 6 years ago, and guess what.. a fairly high pick considering what’s normal for the patriots.

Who was the last defensive pro bowler drafted by belichick? I really don’t know. I would guess it was Hightower, the guy drafted 6 years ago, and guess what.. a fairly high pick considering what’s normal for the patriots.

Collins was the most recently drafted
Hightower was the most recent Pro Bowler that was drafted.

Felgie, I know that's you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye