PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Chiefs game conspiracy theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the big-play/quick score being allowed was intentional at all, but Brady certainly seemed happy about it.

After the 16-yard catch & run into KC territory by James White with 1:29 left on the game clock, Andy Reid was already going into facepalm mode.

So this may be crazy but after watching the last Hill 75 yard TD I'm really wondering if the defense had orders to let them score quick. Look at how Harmon doesn't react and when he does he breaks down to tackle Hill when he had a clean shot with no reason to slow down. Also you can see Chung pull up even though he was probably in closing distance. Idk maybe the defense is really just that bad but watch that play again and tell me they were actually trying to tackle the guy.
tenor.gif

So this may be crazy but after watching the last Hill 75 yard TD I'm really wondering if the defense had orders to let them score quick. Look at how Harmon doesn't react and when he does he breaks down to tackle Hill when he had a clean shot with no reason to slow down. Also you can see Chung pull up even though he was probably in closing distance. Idk maybe the defense is really just that bad but watch that play again and tell me they were actually trying to tackle the guy.

You know, I don't think they wanted to do that but I can imagine they had some idea that if the Chiefs looked like the were going to score, let them do it fast. The idea is that BB goes over all options and I can imagine they went over this exact scenario. The plan was not to let them score but if it looked like it was going to happen, let it happen.

You know, I don't think they wanted to do that but I can imagine they had some idea that if the Chiefs looked like the were going to score, let them do it fast. The idea is that BB goes over all options and I can imagine they went over this exact scenario. The plan was not to let them score but if it looked like it was going to happen, let it happen.

Yeah. Allowing hill to make the catch wasn't by design. However, once he got to within FG range, allowing him to score might have been strategic.

Yeah. Allowing hill to make the catch wasn't by design. However, once he got to within FG range, allowing him to score might have been strategic.
A FG would have put the chiefs down 4.

I think that, considering Fat Andy's clock (mis)management, the more appropriate conspiracy theory is that the Patriots paid him to throw the game.

I thought this was a possibility too, especially after Brady said he was glad they scored quickly.

But, the film and the score at the time didn't make sense to let them have the TD. For example, super bowl XLVI made sense to exchange clock for a 3 pt lead. Not here.

KC was in a weird place. If Hill had sat down at the 1 yard line so the Chiefs could take a couple knees and waste clock before scoring, he would've either seemed brilliant or foolhardy.

Put me in the "oops, but hey, cool" category.

I had little faith that the Pats would stop that KC offense at that time. Mahomes was in the zone and they're really top-tier, with big playmakers at 3 skill positions.

My first reaction was, "You've got to be kidding me!", but by the time Hill got into the end zone, I was thrilled.

Overtime with the Chiefs would likely be decided by a coin flip.

Brady with three minutes and timeouts at this time is money.

Did they do it on purpose? That's a stretch...but then again, why didn't BB call a timeout in the Superbowl with Seattle on the 1 and almost a minute on the clock?

Shrug.

I dont think they did it on purpose but in all honesty i was happy when they scored right away. Had zero confidence in our defense stopping them at that point so glad brady had ample time.

Yeah, no way they allowed them to score on purpose there. The best you could claim is that maybe they schemed a little more aggressively than they normally would between the 20's, hoping for a big, game clinching turnover, and figuring a score (as long as it was quick) was an acceptable risk. But I honestly don't remember what the defensive playcall was on that play, so even that is a stretch. I think Hill is just hard to cover and it blew up on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes