PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My 2024 draft

This years draft is the best. You can get your starting QB in late 1st and even 2nd round. Next years QB draft is not good at all.
This opinion about next year's QBs is starting to sound like parroting.
There are a couple of guys going back to school that were rated right around Daniels this year. Daniels rose in a week. What could another year of playing do for those QBs going back?
The Top 5 are draftable right now. Let's let these guys live and breathe a little eh?

Watching Love play well for GB has me thinking about Daniels…very similar bodies and tools. BUT…Love go to sit multiple seasons to learn
If by some miracle we get Maye, or Daniels if Maye's gone, either one should sit during their rookie season until we get the O-line and WR Corps in place, along with a sound offensive coaching staff. Unless those issues are so well addressed in this off-season, that a rookie could make it through in one piece and show that they can get the job done.

Winner

You pass up a QB and are stuck with thrash for 2024. The team won't be 4-13 bad again. Guaranteed. Now, you are not in a spot to get a QB in 2025.

You give up massive draft capital for Williams. Or, you take Daniels. I see no scenario where Washington trades down.

I do have a concern with Daniels. His scouting report indicates that "he can be successful in the right system." So, does that mean he is limited in what offense he can play in? Because that's not a franchise QB. A franchise guy should be able to adapt to any system.
True…Caleb William’s scouting report suggests that he ran a simplistic one read system at USC. Does that mean he’s not a “franchise QB???” He’s going #1…

True…Caleb William’s scouting report suggests that he ran a simplistic one read system at USC. Does that mean he’s not a “franchise QB???” He’s going #1…
That would be a surprise since you can see him scanning the field constantly during games.

This years draft is the best. You can get your starting QB in late 1st and even 2nd round. Next years QB draft is not good at all.
Hard to make a comment like this. There are a bunch of very talented QBs who can make a huge jump next year. A lot of first year QB were just getting their feet wet.

Take Drew Allar from Penn St., 6'5", mobile, can run, accurate (only a few INTs), cannon for an arm.

He didn't have a great year because he was thown into the deep end.

Guess what? He's 19!

He'll come out next year at age 20.

There's no knowing where he'll be this time next year.

Draft Daniels
Trade back into 1st round and draft a LT
Go after a WR in free agency
Re-sign Onwenu for RT

That would be a surprise since you can see him scanning the field constantly during games.
This is not a personal attack on Caleb; I’d LOVE to have the chance to draft him. I’m just noting what the scouting report says.

IMG_1619.jpeg

This is not a personal attack on Caleb; I’d LOVE to have the chance to draft him. I’m just noting what the scouting report says.

View attachment 55931
The mechanics part is absolutely wrong - even when he's off schedule, and has to make a weird throw, he's always on balance. That's actually the first thing I noticed with him. So is the part about 'exclusively in shotgun'. This reads to me a lot more like a Drake Maye scouting report, tbh.

Williams will scramble until he throws the ball. There may be 10 reads in some of these. I only know that if your line sucks bad this guy can bail you out. He's a crazy level of different from what we're used to.
Maybe too crazy.

Me also but your not getting MHJ and Daniels. You CAN get MHJ and Nix.
No chance of MHJ and Daniels, at least not without making a potentially crippling trade.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back