PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mt. Rushmore- Pat’s edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The correct answer is:

BRADY HANNAH TIPPETT GRONK

P.S

No way should Bergeron be ahead of Neely. He isn’t even close to being the player Neely was. Neely scored 50 while being one of the best hitters in the league and one of the toughest also. And how did they forget about Phil Esposito?

Bruins

ORR BOURQUE ESPOSITO NEELY

Just a little off topic BUT...there were a couple of years when Tip was All Pro when visiting players and coaches would say after a game.."yeah, Andre is a great player but the guy you gotta watch out for is that # 55". Don Blackmon was a supreme talent whose career was seriously damaged by unfortunate knee injuries.

TB, TB, TB, Gronk

If a Freudist can toss out a name like Vinatieri I can put Troy Brown on my list.

TB, TB, TB, Gronk

If a Freudist can toss out a name like Vinatieri I can put Troy Brown on my list.
I’d switch out gronk for B.B., but agree on other 3

BB, TB12, Gronk, Moss, Tippet, Hannah all have - or will have - their busts in Canton. So my Patriots Mt Rushmore will be a little different:

Troy Brown - Gino Cappelletti - Matthew Slater - Tedy Bruschi

The all Lunch-Pail Patriots, four guys that defined the Patriot Way. 1st Ballot Red Jacket HOFers but unlikely to ever get the Gold jacket.

I agree with the other posters who say Brady, Hannah, Gronk are no-brainers. To me, the only debate is the 4th spot.

Moss: Great for three season, but that doesn't put him on the mountain.
Vinatieri: No way I can put a kicker up there.
Tippett: Had the misfortune to play most of his career with lousy teams.
Cappelletti: Probably the guy. Great Patriot before and after his career on the field.
Ty Law: 3 picks vs. Manning in the AFC championship, pick 6 vs the Rams in SB36. Maybe the best CB in the game at the time.
Belichick: No coaches. He goes on the coaches mountain with Lombardi, Red Auerbach, and Bill Walsh.
Curtis Martin, Junior Seau and Mike Haynes: Made names for themselves elsewhere.

I never saw Gino do his thing, I did see Law and Tippett. For that reason, I lean to the younger men. I'd go with Law. Dude was money when the lights were brightest.

Schmidt was a center. I know they dont want to go with too many D Men on this but Eddie Shore would probably deserve to be there over him. Schmidt played 4 more years than Shore in Boston so longevity is pretty close. Plus if you are mentioned in Slap Shot that has to account for something,

Bourque and Orr are no-brainers.

Patrice Bergeron? Great player. Certainly up there. He has quietly crept into some top 4-7 all time ranking in B's categories. He probably has another 5 years in him also.

I might have gone with Neely over Berge. But maybe in 5 years I would not.
Shore, Schmidt and Orr have to be there. Then, Ray makes four.

BB, TB12, Gronk, Moss, Tippet, Hannah all have - or will have - their busts in Canton. So my Patriots Mt Rushmore will be a little different:

Troy Brown - Gino Cappelletti - Matthew Slater - Tedy Bruschi

The all Lunch-Pail Patriots, four guys that defined the Patriot Way. 1st Ballot Red Jacket HOFers but unlikely to ever get the Gold jacket.
Gino belongs in Canton. Jon Morris probably does, too. Matthew's good, but...

My Lunch-Pail Pats:

Troy Brown - Tedy Bruschi - Julius Adams - Bruce Armstrong

Most of the choices posted are great. I am curious about including a player that did not play his entire career in New England.

Most of the choices posted are great. I am curious about including a player that did not play his entire career in New England.

That would mess up my choices lol.

What about making a statue of “ the catch”

Troy Brown
Bruce Armstrong
Tom Brady
Robert Kraft
Bill Belichick

It is probably cheating but I needed 5 spots

Chad ochocino
Adalius Thomas
Tim Tebow
Joey Galloway

brady
hannah
gronk
ty law(this was real close with tippet,but i just love a guy that can shut down a side of the field)

What is the opposite of recency bias? Because it didn’t even occur to me to put Gronk on the list. I know he’s amazing and an epic game changer... maybe it’s the injuries.

I was thinking Brady, Hannah, Tippett, and Law or Haynes.

And Stanley Morgan????

Chad ochocino
Adalius Thomas
Tim Tebow
Joey Galloway
Adalius definitely contributed the most of the players on that list. He was probably also the biggest prick. I met the dude once and no bueno.

You should've help dig him outta the snowbank.
I actually met him that day! I had an event at Spain restaurant in Cranston, RI and he just happened to be there. Only later did I realize he had been sent home from practice for arriving late that very same day.

Kind of explains his bad mood actually.

What a physical specimen he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call