PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mt. Rushmore- Pat’s edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
ESPN (I know, I know) is doing Mt. Puckmore for the NHL teams. I found it pretty interesting. For you Bruin’s fans, it was: Bergeron, Orr, Bourque and Milt Schmidt (old time defenseman)..

So I thought, who would be my Patriot’s Mt. Rushmore ? Though the Pats have had a lot of greats during the Dynasty years, they had some greats during the so-so years. So I found it pretty tough figuring out who my 4 should be. Here are mine:

Brady
Gronk
Tippett
Hannah

It was a really tough thing to think about, with so many greats, and leaving out some guys like Mike Haynes, Gino Cappelletti, Stanley Morgan, Sam Cunningham, Randy Moss, etc. But those are my 4, who is on your Mt. Rushmore of the Patriots ?

P.S. If it wasn’t a player only thing, obviously Belichick would be on my Mt. Rushmore.

ESPN (I know, I know) is doing Mt. Puckmore for the NHL teams. I found it pretty interesting. For you Bruin’s fans, it was: Bergeron, Orr, Bourque and Milt Schmidt (old time defenseman)..

Schmidt was a center. I know they dont want to go with too many D Men on this but Eddie Shore would probably deserve to be there over him. Schmidt played 4 more years than Shore in Boston so longevity is pretty close. Plus if you are mentioned in Slap Shot that has to account for something,

Bourque and Orr are no-brainers.

Patrice Bergeron? Great player. Certainly up there. He has quietly crept into some top 4-7 all time ranking in B's categories. He probably has another 5 years in him also.

I might have gone with Neely over Berge. But maybe in 5 years I would not.

Belichick Brady Moss Gronk

Are we not including coaches in this?

FACEPALM.png

BB, Brady, Gronk and insert whoever you think historically had biggest impact before the dynasty.

Gronk seems a bit like a weird pick but he is arguably the greatest TE in NFL history. Difficult not to put him up there.

BB, Brady, Gronk and insert whoever you think historically had biggest impact before the dynasty.

Gronk seems a bit like a weird pick but he is arguably the greatest TE in NFL history. Difficult not to put him up there.

I put him up there because he's a generational talent. He seems like a no-brainer to me.

Brady, Hannah, Tippett, and Gronk. Are there any other HOFers who spent their whole careers here?

I'll give a spot to Moss because I'd like to see his head carved into a mountain.

Hannah, Brady, Brady, and Brady

;)

but for realz
Hannah, Tippet, Brady, Gronk

Brady, Vinatieri, Hannah, Tippett

Deal with it. I love Gronk too, but Adam made 3 of the top 5 kicks in the history of the NFL.

I've watched them since the begining, though i was a little kid in the early 60's.
So I've seen em all.
Most of you guys got this right.
Brady, Hannah and Gronk are the absolute slam- dunk no brainers. The few clowns who left out Gronk should be banished forever from this forum.
He's the freaking GOAT te and one of the greatest all time offensive players PERIOD.
The 4th is tough. Probably comes down to Haynes vs. Tippett. Tippett should probably get the nod since he spent his career here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case