PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More from PFT " (Holy crap, I think I’m beginning to agree with Don Yee.) "

Status
Not open for further replies.
The odd thing is he's a good guy in real life and was helpful back in the day when I was in the locker room each week covering the team back in 98-2000. I always got along well with him and thought he was a good guy and a hard worker, and it was good to see him finally make a name for himself.

It wasn't up until recently when that shtick of making fun of the site started and I said something to Marc Bertrand via Twitter about the fact I didn't appreciate it. He claimed it was only in good fun, but I disagreed considering the context and he later unfollowed me, which is too bad because I was a fan of Bertrand as well. But Felger has gone off the rails a bit and the day he went after Reiss also didn't sit well with me. He's become primarily a major pot stirrer now, which I know gets people talking but I'm not a fan of that approach. Although this is the first time I've really talked about it, but yeah...it kind of bugs me that he still does that with us.

He and Mazz feed off each other.......they've actually driven me to listen to NPR once in a while

Live media whether it is radio or TV is becoming near impossible to listen/watch

I'm proud to be associated with everyone in here and we've got a great group and a lot of great football minds on this board. Every once in a while I'll see something one of you has said end up being mentioned elsewhere, and the folks at WEEI seem to also mention the board in a pretty positive light, which is definitely a good thing and all of you deserve the credit for that for what everyone brings day-in, and day out in here. Good stuff :cool:
You've given not only North American fans but worldwide Patriots fans the opportunity to come together and for better or worse, discuss the greatest sporting team on the planet @Ian. Love or hate some posters, as far as I am concerned, this place is a God-send.

Front page of NBCSports:

dh67faE.png
this kind of bogus reason is exactly a suspension will happen and it makes me very angry.

Oh, have you googled exponent yet? Toyota calls in Exponent Inc. as hired gun - latimes

Ideal Gas Law
Didn't they also represent the cigarette industry to show no harm in second hand smoke. And a paper industry hired them to show that asbestos was safe???...Riiiiiiiiiight...Why does the term "hired gun" keep popping up??? They give you want you want.. start with the conclusion and work backwards....

Ian, I agree about Felger, and you're certainly more informed and qualified to comment upon him than I am. There was a time, around those days when Brady assumed the lead position, that Felger was, at least in my mind, everything he isn't today. I found him honest, sincere, genuine and not afraid to challenge the status quo. Then, it seems clear that when he was struggling to get a permanent radio gig it dawned on him that the quickest, surest way to get what he wanted was to put on the contrarian cloak and intentionally piss people off. In essence, he sold his soul to the devil for success. Ironically, at least to me, is that the very traits that made him so appealing to me in those days are so glaringly absent these days. He sold out and became precisely the kind of person he courageously railed against in the beginning. He's now the sports radio equivalent of a carnival barker.

I agree. He is just so dishonest that even Rob0729's avatar just makes my skin crawl. Felger's negative ratings must be through the roof. He got very lucky with the Big show on WEEI being ahead of him in total stupidity and crashing and burning but his days are numbered. He does not seem to get he is Ron Borgas V2 when he could have actually been someone of integrity. Just compare him with Micheal Reiss and Michael Holley who are people I may not always agree with but I always respect. I think the carnival barker is a good analogy. When Felger foams at the mouth he thinks the scraps he gets thrown from the table of the national media are admiration when they are just peanuts thrown to a dancing monkey.

Does anyone remember where Felger was on the science of Ideal Gas Laws three months ago?

Seems to me that he was using the same tired phrase about the science back then as he is now: Patriot fans are just grasping at straws.

Think back to almost every "conversation" you had three months ago with someone accusing the Patriots of cheating.

Every single one I had involved the accuser denying the science and saying the science was just us grasping a straws.

And yet here we are three months later and the science we Patriot fans were "grasping at" has been proven completely accurate. The Wells Report acknowledges that the footballs on the night in question could have dropped by up to 1.23 psi.

Three months ago, the science of deflating footballs in the cold was nothing more than "Patriot fans acting desperate".

And now, all the haters have done is shift their accusations: "Oh wait, footballs really can deflate by 1.23 psi? Thats hardly proof of innocence. The Patriots simply deflated their footballs by .3 psi then."

Last edited:
Fujita isn't wrong. This is a pretty serious thing that will have a significant effect on Brady's life and the Patriots so it can't be taken lightly. Given what they have, I can't see anything beyond the $25,000 fine because with a suspension you have to essentially believe Brady is 100% guilty of telling them to break the minimum threshold for psi. Mark Daniels of the Projo pointed out that one of the texts had the guy saying it was supposed to be at 13psi, not 16psi. Never did they, in any of all of those texts (I've read the entire report twice), talk about going below that. So to try and prove the intent to break the rules was there just seems ridiculous because there's not enough there to do it. You can punish them for potentially doing it after the refs checked the balls I guess, but to say that they intended to put them below 12.5 seems ludicrous.

But the league seems intent on punishing Brady for treating it as a ridiculous investigation and not wanting to hand over his cell and cooperate completely with it. If I truly felt I had done nothing wrong and was resentful of the accusation, I probably would have reacted the same way. So if they ultimately get him, it will probably center more on his unwillingness to hand over his phone (which was mentioned and complained about repeatedly in the report) than what little "evidence" of wrongdoing they feel they have.

Ian,

Why do they have Borges and Bedard on ST convicting Brady again. Wanting them to admit guilt. How is this legitimate? Do the producers let them or is free reign?

Well hand it to Florio. Former ref Jim D. And current ESPN rules analyst is having doubts.

@stb262 Great piece by Florio and really makes you want to rethink the conclusions arrived by the Wells Report...

https://twitter.com/RefereeJimD/status/597556947068399616

Meh, couple days ago he was crucifying them. Bedard is saying the gauge testing questions are BS. It's garbage and means nothing. God these fools should be grabbed and then thrown into a basement until this is over.

The one good thing about this whole mess is after there have been some who have tried to make a name for themselves tearing the team apart, there are now others taking the other side and trying to make a name for themselves by debunking the ridiculous theories against them. They're just late to the party but it seems they've been lying in wait to deliver more of a defense. I obviously side with those, and hopefully someone eventually hits it hard enough to make the league think long and hard before they hit Brady with a penalty, although his camp is going to rain fire on them. People have no idea what's coming, and this is going to be one of the heavily contested penalties we've ever seen. Tough to defeat the shield, but they've never gone after anyone like Brady before and Yee has made enough good points in the early going to make you like his chances.

The reason the tide is turning is the knee jerk reaction was see if he said we were guilty, and the wording was phrased where we "probably more than likely" were guilty. Of course the mouthbreathers saw that and ran, but as people have had a chance to digest the crap people should be changing their tune. The issue is with the people like ESPN who want to sensationalize stories and not report them. Or worse make the smear front page news but the retraction and apology buried under the latest story.

Also its up to people to open their minds instead of just letting the media control the facts. If there is a major punishment it is a game changer....for the league. Not going to lie I am sick of everything being blown up by these clowns in charge, while seeing the game change not for the good, see London games, Thursday night games and expanded post season. The golden goose could be dying, and a Brady suspension could be something that speeds it up.

Meh, couple days ago he was crucifying them. Bedard is saying the gauge testing questions are BS. It's garbage and means nothing. God these fools should be grabbed and then thrown into a basement until this is over.
Well it appears he didn't read the report so any new news to throw doubt at that crap report is a good thing

Where was Bedard on the science of the Ideal Gas Laws 3 months ago. I bet he thought along with the rest of the nation that the science was just Patriot fans grasping at straws.

Fujita isn't wrong. This is a pretty serious thing that will have a significant effect on Brady's life and the Patriots so it can't be taken lightly. Given what they have, I can't see anything beyond the $25,000 fine because with a suspension you have to essentially believe Brady is 100% guilty of telling them to break the minimum threshold for psi. Mark Daniels of the Projo pointed out that one of the texts had the guy saying it was supposed to be at 13psi, not 16psi. Never did they, in any of all of those texts (I've read the entire report twice), talk about going below that. So to try and prove the intent to break the rules was there just seems ridiculous because there's not enough there to do it. You can punish them for potentially doing it after the refs checked the balls I guess, but to say that they intended to put them below 12.5 seems ludicrous.

But the league seems intent on punishing Brady for treating it as a ridiculous investigation and not wanting to hand over his cell and cooperate completely with it. If I truly felt I had done nothing wrong and was resentful of the accusation, I probably would have reacted the same way. So if they ultimately get him, it will probably center more on his unwillingness to hand over his phone (which was mentioned and complained about repeatedly in the report) than what little "evidence" of wrongdoing they feel they have.

I agree with you 100% but I am considering if they got the text messages from the other two involved then they must have seen Brady's text messages through them but not his email. 75% of football fans want Brady's ass and just about the same of non football people. This is truly being between a rock and a hard place.

I feel the same way.But Goodell is going to come down big unlike what fujita thinks because he is catering to the public opinion not players or ex players. He has to show the mirage that he is tough after the ray rice fiasco. No way they do 5Million $ investigation and just give a 25000 fine.

Where was Bedard on the science of the Ideal Gas Laws 3 months ago. I bet he thought along with the rest of the nation that the science was just Patriot fans grasping at straws.

No what I'm saying is he's saying is it's BS. The report is accurate and the PFT and Florio are wrong. It doesn't matter anyway because the league believes it. I nominate Ian and the gang to be the official CSNNE reporters. Maybe after some vetting some of use could be guest interviewees. :D

They interrogated this bird character 4 times, so what did he say about taking a pee with the balls?

Wouldn't that be necessary information for any report?

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
Scott FujitaVerified account‏@sfujita55
@Nawlins48 The way I read the texts, Brady likes his balls to be a certain way. That is all. Everything else is conjecture at this point.

James P. ‏@Premo74 2h2 hours ago
@sfujita55 Do all players stick up for one another cause they all cheat?

Scott FujitaVerified account‏@sfujita55
@Premo74 I stick up for reason & due process, both of which seem to be lacking so far. If something changes, I'll be first to acknowledge it

Scott Fujita @sfujita55 · 2h2 hours ago
@CGirl143 @Dbright21 @iExquisiteHD_ @JasonLaCanfora And for the record, I wouldn't turn over my phone either.

https://twitter.com/sfujita55/with_replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye