PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

more controversy coming

Southern-style mac n cheese is gross. It's a train wreck. First off, macaroni is a garbage pasta. Worse, they always seem to go for the lowest quality and cook the hell out of it so you have this limp rubbery little pathetic tube. Get some real quality short pasta like cavatappi or treccine.
Then the cheese. A quality cheddar is likely the best you'll get with a southern-style or traditional mac n cheese. If there isn't a mix of quality soft and aged cheeses, throw it in the dumpster. Lastly, it needs to be baked to a nice crispy top with some bread topping (my preference is lightly toasted bits of bread, or soft homemade croutons). The worst thing is a limp water mac n cheese with no texture. There's a special place in hell for people who like mac n cheese out of a box.

But even for the well executed pasta and cheese... get it off the Thanksgiving table, it doesn't belong!

Of course the government knows what is best for us.
Or any authority IMO. Although in case this I do think that authority is correct. That doesn't mean we shouldn't do what we want to anyway, though.

We've never cooked our stuffing/dressing/whatever in the bird. If there was a way to get not only the turkey, but also the stuffing to 165, that'd be great, but that'd involve scorching the turkey.

It's probably delicious enough to be a risk worth taking, especially if you're otherwise clean with the handling of the turkey during prep and what not.

Getting excited just thinking about Thursday.

She's in the Navy...very proud of her.
Fair winds and following seas to her then. Thank her for her service especially during sea duty these days where due to COVID they often don't even allow shore leave during the six months sail.

Back when i still lived in Beantown my Southern Belle wife decided to surprise me with a lobster dinner. I was watching the Celtics in the bedroom and she wouldnt allow me to leave the room.
Until I hear hysterical screaming. I run in the kitchen and shes standing on a chair screaming. Two large lobsters are scrambling across the kitchen floor. I guess she pulled the wooden pegs out of their claws and they attacked her. Laughed my butt off which was the wrong response

I don’t think I’m a fan of boiling alive something with pain receptors. Can’t do it.

Or any authority IMO. Although in case this I do think that authority is correct. That doesn't mean we shouldn't do what we want to anyway, though.

We've never cooked our stuffing/dressing/whatever in the bird. If there was a way to get not only the turkey, but also the stuffing to 165, that'd be great, but that'd involve scorching the turkey.

It's probably delicious enough to be a risk worth taking, especially if you're otherwise clean with the handling of the turkey during prep and what not.

Getting excited just thinking about Thursday.
It's my fav holiday.

I've never gotten sick. I trust the food preppers.

My daughter asked me why we never had mac-n-cheese when she was growing up.
My response...because I had a job.

Never got the attraction. Just cheap noodles and crappy cheese...empty calories.
So true. I survived my college years on that stuff. Ever since I got a real job, hardly ever it eat.

I’m with Judon on this one. Mac and Cheese is great if you want to whip up a quick meal, but it doesn’t belong on the table for Thanksgiving. Turkey, stuffing, mashed and sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and green bean casserole are our staples. My dad always had my mom cook creamed onions growing up and I’ve come to like those too. But never Mac and Cheese.

I'm half Italian so I NEVER EVER have eaten "mac & cheese". I eat what Uncle Carmine used to call "Heart Attack On A Plate", Fettuccine Alfredo...with 4 or 5 spoonfuls of grated Parmesan/Romano

Thats insane. So exactly how the hell do you cook a lobster now? You cant boil em alive anymore? Ok wtf do you do? Killing them 1st would be just as barbaric. Do we give them a sleeping pill or anaesthesia 1st? Laughing gas? Weed?
I guess they can be frozen first, which seems so much better. Freezing to death over an hour or so. There's a zapper that stuns them. Or, you know, people just realize that humans are alpha predators and get over it.

Myself, I don't eat them bugs.

Agree. Never a good idea to make bread that is soaking up raw turkey juices like a salmonella sponge.

I've been catching and eating lobstah since I was a wee lad. If you're going to bake stuff a live lobster, take your chef's knife, turn the lobster on it's back and stab down then back toward the tail from right between the eyes. Instant mortality. Everything that lives makes a particular noise when you put it in boiling or steaming water. Suck it up, buttercups and use your instinct to survive. Nature is not show ponies, unicorns and pretty butterflies...it's not fair and almost always brutal in some fashion.

Or get a frigging cardboard sign, put on your faux mink coats and go walk a PETA protest line outside Abe&Louie's...jeezus krist

Since Im sitting home with a concussion i got time on my hands.
Cranberry "sauce"? Nit aptly named.
It aint a damn sauce. Sauce is liquidy.
Cranberry sauce is more like jello.
Applesauce disagrees.

That reminded me of the meanings of these women's words:

FINE - This is the word women use to end an argument when they're right and you need to shut up.

FIVE MINUTES - If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

NOTHING - This is the calm before the storm. This means "something," and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with 'Nothing' usually end in "Fine"

GO AHEAD - This is a dare, not permission. Don't do it.

LOUD SIGH - This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing"

THAT'S OKAY - This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

THANKS - A woman is thanking you. Do not question it or faint. Just say you're welcome.

Almost forgot "Whatever"...(it's a woman's way of saying *!#@ YOU!)

I can't remember a Patriot free agent who has become so likable so quickly as Judon has . He won me over early when he was at Fenway Park supporting the Red Sox. I wonder if fans are wearing the long sleeve red sweat shirts underneath their Pats jerseys in tribute.
I like him because he's a great player and I'll try not hold his Red Sox support against him.

Applesauce disagrees.
Yea there really isn't a clear delineation to what is/is not a sauce.

If something can be poured, it's eligible to be considered a sauce.

Cranberry sauce out of a can should not be considered a sauce but more of a mold.

The Ultimate* Ranking of Thanksgiving Side Dishes⁑

1. Home Cooked Gravy, made from the drippings
  2. Mashed Potatoes
  3. Stuffing / Dressing
  4. Butternut Squash
  5. Roasted Vegetables - potatoes, squash, carrots, parsnips
  6. Peas
  7. Rolls
  8. Sweet Potatoes
  9. Roasted Brussels Sprouts
  10. French Cut Green beans, with slivered almonds
  11. Corn Bread Dressing (wifeys favorite)
  12. Mac & Cheese - you always need a no-fail go to for the kids table

* - my opinion, which for me, is the only one that really matters, lulz
⁑ - basically, in a nut shell, anything that isn't Turkey

I used to have Mac and Cheese on the Thanksgiving table growing up, and I didn't hate it as a kid, or even as a young adult. But over the years, my tolerance for it has changed. I'm kind with Judon here...during the last seven years, I'm not digging it anymore. I won't hate on anyone who does though. Do you. It's a free country, which is kinda part of the tradition. :cool:

Case in point, I'm gonna get killed here, but my wife and I have a pretty non-conventional Thanksgiving. Actually, it's our first one together since one of us is usually away, so we're starting this "tradition"....Afghan Thanksgiving lol. But really, I just told people to ask for or bring their favorite dishes.

Turkey, tandoori style (total experiment...)
Chicken Mastay
Long grain Afghan rice
Baked ziti (mac and cheese-ish?)
Sabzy (boiled spinach)
Salata
Bendi (okra based)
Banjan (eggplant based)
Mantu (Afghan dumplings)
BDubs (yes...I know, but whatevs...someone wanted it)

Dessert is tres leches cake, pecan pie (finally something American lol), donuts (more America), other Afghan sweets

Drinks...soft drinks, assorted red wines

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back