PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monday 8/12 Patriots Training Camp Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berrios ain’t making the team, harry is already far better than him at WR

I know for years we have been young WR starved NG. But if Berrios Excells in Returns he'd be pulling his weight. Under no circumstance do I want to see Edelman playing on ST's. If he has a strong showing in the Return game I think he makes it regardless.

After he raids the team fridge

I am sure the refrigerator is on the route or on Marty's to do or bucket list.

I know for years we have been young WR starved NG. But if Berrios Excells in Returns he'd be pulling his weight. Under no circumstance do I want to see Edelman playing on ST's. If he has a strong showing in the Return game I think he makes it regardless.

I'm not trying to crush your dreams of having Berrios on the roster, and this applies to a lot of other players, but there are only so many slots for "But he can play STs, too" players.

I'm not trying to crush your dreams of having Berrios on the roster, and this applies to a lot of other players, but there are only so many slots for "But he can play STs, too" players.

Were going light at TE and heavy 7 at WR

How light? If we don't have a TE who can block, we'll have to use an additional tackle for that role, which makes it easier to predict the playcall and we're already hurting for tackle depth.

How light? If we don't have a TE who can block, we'll have to use an additional tackle for that role, which makes it easier to predict the playcall and we're already hurting for tackle depth.

The TE has to be an adequate blocker...no doubt

Harry or Harris? I’m confused.

Obviously, Harry is light years ahead of Berrios.

Oh I’m sorry, you said Harris. My apologies. I confused Harry with Harris

Berrios is battling sup: that's all he can do. Slot guys do well here traditionally. I feel like Fatty Matt Patricia is going to raid our WR and CB Pipeline. :mad:
I’m rooting for Berrios. I just didn’t know if he meant to compare Harris to him (my assumption), or our first round pick, Harry (which he accidentally chose).

We still need numbers at TE they just aren’t going to be seeing the field as often.
There is no need for 7 WRs under any circumstances. Unless of course you are including 2 on the practice squad.

Here’s what I am praying our WR core looks like week 1

WR1 Edelman
WR2 Gordon
WR3 Harry
WR4 Thomas
WR5 Meyers

Battle for WR6 spot between Harris, Berrios, Inman, and Merideth

The TE has to be an adequate blocker...no doubt
When a tackle reports eligible, he has to check out for the next play. No?

WR1 Edelman
WR2 Gordon
WR3 Harry
WR4 Thomas
WR5 Meyers

It's good to pray but this posted lineup reads like praying for miracles.

WR1 Edelman
WR2 Gordon
WR3 Harry
WR4 Thomas
WR5 Meyers

Dorsett's a lock.

WR1 Edelman
WR2 Gordon
WR3 Harry
WR4 Thomas
WR5 Meyers

Did we trade Dorsett? Because even if you don’t have him in your 5 he’s at worst in the discussion to battle it out with those other WRs

Did we trade Dorsett? Because even if you don’t have him in your 5 he’s at worst in the discussion to battle it out with those other WRs

In that scenario he got traded to Oakland for 2 1st rounders and a used cryotherapy machine!

When a tackle reports eligible, he has to check out for the next play. No?

I think he can't be an ineligible OL for the next play, but I have to imagine he could continue to be a "TE" for as long as they like. They just wouldn't be able to play someone like Wynn at TE one play then at LT the next play.

I cannot remember the last time a defense owned the offense in a Patriots training camp. This 7 INT day just reinforces what I saw, and predicted about this defense.

This is not going to be a top 5 or 10 defense. Easily the top 2-3, if not 1.

Collins is playing like a born-again and I really hope he plays all 16 games. He's going to be a force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes