2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How would feel if M. Vick joint the PATs

• I have no problem if that happens

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • I would be disappointed but still be a loyal PATs fan

Votes: 98 44.7%
  • I would be very disappointed and may not support the PATs.

Votes: 15 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vick visiting the Patriots today ?

In reality, in a car from Virginia to Foxboro would be about 9 hours. On a plane it could take less than an hour from Virginia to Logan so it is possible, BUT if these rumors are true, then i will be really upset. Our offense is stacked enough we need DEFENSIVE HELP aka PASS RUSHING OLB!!

Don't need to get upset about that, even if the Pats get Vick doesn't mean they will not go look for any player that will help improve the defense.

some writer from miami now states he was in foxboro at 3:30 pm :)
I bet BB is having a lot of fun with the writers tying themselves up :) . then they will blame BB that he didnt tell the truth

Don't need to get upset about that, even if the Pats get Vick doesn't mean they will not go look for any player that will help improve the defense.

Im worried about the cap space as well. We need a proven Pass Rusher that can get to the QB. We also need to extend Wilfork!! Why get Vick? He will probably end up playing in the UFL!!

I bet BB is having a lot of fun with the writers tying themselves up :) . then they will blame BB that he didnt tell the truth

He never answered any questions in the first place :D:singing:

lol at everyone freaking out so bad about the prospect of Vick becoming a Patriot. It will never cease to amaze me how many people revere dogs as if they were human and get all high and mighty about this issue. I don't really give a rat's ass what Vick did with them. Bullfighting, ****fighting, hunting, and even just eating slaughtered animals--it'sall pretty much the same thing.

I've always said that if anyone can maximize Vick's talent on the football field, and commands the amount of respect it will take to make Vick a good soldier, it's Bill Belichick.

Re: Unfortunately more RUMORS of Vick to New England

When will the Vick section forum be opened?

We should definately have one...

vicks-730724.jpg

I used to love that stuff as a kid.

Here's a comment to this writer that I only wish I'd penned...

Hi, This is the infamous John Tomasse of the "patriots-taped-rams" story. As you may have heard, I used to be a Pats beat writer and due to my irresponsible journalism and my fictitious reliable sources I am now a disgraced jack ass. I wish you luck in your future job for the "Agricultural Almanac of Podunk" as a wether man. LOSER
see here Vick at 2:00 pm was still in VA. It is phisycally impossible for him to be on a practice field in Foxboro, Ma at 3:30...unless teleporting is a secret way of travel which we regular Joes haven't been let into yet.

Posted by: John Tomasse

Re: BB speaks on Vick

At worst, he's training camp competition and practice body that can be used to help prepare defenses for opposing wildcat schemes.

Do you really think that's the worst case scenario? The worst case for the patriots as a football team, maybe, but the worst case for the organization is MUCH worse.

I don't really give a rat's ass what Vick did with them. Bullfighting, ****fighting, hunting, and even just eating slaughtered animals--it'sall pretty much the same thing.

If he was eating them, it would be better. He was torturing them, which engenders thoughts of sociopathic tendencies.

Killing animals? Not a huge deal. Everyone who works on a farm has done it? Torturing them, whole 'nother issue.

lol at everyone freaking out so bad about the prospect of Vick becoming a Patriot. It will never cease to amaze me how many people revere dogs as if they were human and get all high and mighty about this issue. I don't really give a rat's ass what Vick did with them. Bullfighting, ****fighting, hunting, and even just eating slaughtered animals--it'sall pretty much the same thing.

It's genuinely frightening that cretins like you walk the earth.

Vick has a chip on his shoulder. He's sure as heck is going to prove himself.

vick is a thug. toturing dogs? i hope he burns in hell with all the other lunatics.

vick is a thug. toturing dogs? i hope he burns in hell with all the other lunatics.

the el presidente guy on barstool is quite amusing.

This needs to be a 'teachable moment' for those here who swallow any rumor that fulfills their fantasy without critical thinking. First, there was ample evidence that Vick was NOT in town and was in a VA court from an AP article. But the fact challenged had Vick more mobile than Jack Bauer on 24. Any contrived rationalization to support their view.

Secondly and most importantly, those swallowing the Miami Herald statement that Vick was on the field, ignored the many media and Patsfan feeds we get here on a daily and hourly basis from camp. Some Guido from Florida sees Vick but SMY, Reiss and our local Patsfan sources 'miss' him? NFW. Note that the Miami Herald writer has been making a name for himself pushing the Vick to the Pats story. That's a clue people that he has some skin in the game and as is all too common in journalism today, he did not apply critical thinking to his world view.

Writer Jeff Darlington has oficially been tooled. As one wag commented, he's the next John Tomasse.

Last edited:

It's genuinely frightening that cretins like you walk the earth.

Pretty hateful words for someone who claims to be such a "caring" person.

Rollout

SOURCES: VICK WORKING OUT FOR PATRIOTS [UPDATED: VICK NOT IN NEW ENGLAND]

[Editor's note: It looks like I should stick to covering the Miami Dolphins and stop worrying about other teams in the division. Mike Reiss, the most respected reporter in the New England area, is reporting that Vick was not in New England and will not be in New England. If Reiss reports it, I'll take it as gospel. I'll now attempt to get down to the bottom of the inaccuracy of my sources. My sincere apologies for any waves I caused as a result of this report.]

very funny :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes