PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(MOD EDIT:) SPECULATION: Gronk to be traded to Tampa Bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amfootball

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Take this for what this is worth but I have a friend in the Pats personnel who said he is currently working on the paper work to un-retire Gronk and then trade to Tampa Bay. I know this story has been making the rounds the last few days on the sports shows but it appears it could be a reality.

sports shows have nothing to talk about and they are just trying to drum up viewers and clicks. If so, good. Gronk is done. TB has a really good TE group so not sure why they would give up a 1st or a 2nd to get Gronk.

everyone has a source lol.

I doubt that happens but you never know

sports shows have nothing to talk about and they are just trying to drum up viewers and clicks. If so, good. Gronk is done. TB has a really good TE group so not sure why they would give up a 1st or a 2nd to get Gronk.

everyone has a source lol.
I would imagine we would get one of their TEs. At least that is what I hope happens.

Does your friend know you'd immediately leak whatever he tells you?

Yeah, this is kind of hard to believe. Tampa already has a strong TE unit and even if Gronk wanted to unretire, the Pats hold all the cards. What if they get a better offer from Cinci or Detroit? Would Gronk go somewhere else? Doubtful.

Does your friend know you'd immediately leak whatever he tells you?
It wasn't said under wraps by any means. Like I said, take it for what it is worth. Could be total bunk like anything else but figured it was worth a discussion. Personally, I hope it happens as I want Brady to succeed in TB and I want the Pats to either get one of Tampa's TEs or a draft pick. I mean Gronk is never going to play for us again anyways.

I would take OJ Howard and a 3rd for Gronk.

Considering that the chances of Gronk coming out of retirement to play with Stiddham/Hoyer are approximately 0%... seems like a good haul.

Oh god. Another “friend in the know” thread.

What's interesting is Gronk is not owed any money by the Pats. He fulfilled his deal. So any trade would not carry any salary for Tampa to have to pick up. They get to start clean and sign him to a new deal. That theoretically should help the Pats get a pretty good haul. Gronk will be 31 in May with an entire year off.

Well, since he's never going to play another snap for NE, I'm highly in favor of this move since it would let the Patriots get something for a player who they'll never get anything from again.

Even if it’s a 5th I would do it at this point.
How about package him with Edelman and call it Howard and a second rounder

I would take OJ Howard and a 3rd for Gronk.

Considering that the chances of Gronk coming out of retirement to play with Stiddham/Hoyer are approximately 0%... seems like a good haul.

If Gronk is 0% playing here, then even a conditional seventh would be a good value.

What's interesting is Gronk is not owed any money by the Pats. He fulfilled his deal. So any trade would not carry any salary for Tampa to have to pick up. They get to start clean and sign him to a new deal. That theoretically should help the Pats get a pretty good haul. Gronk will be 31 in May with an entire year off.

By "pretty good haul" I am thinking maybe a 5th rounder. Those wishing for a high pick are delusional. This is a 31 yo guy with two feet already in retirement, with injury issues, and not playing a position of need for TB.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Gronk at the Tampa/St Pete airport last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Gronk wants out?
giphy.gif

It wasn't said under wraps by any means. Like I said, take it for what it is worth. Could be total bunk like anything else but figured it was worth a discussion. Personally, I hope it happens as I want Brady to succeed in TB and I want the Pats to either get one of Tampa's TEs or a draft pick. I mean Gronk is never going to play for us again anyways.
This garbage is really beginning to make me angry. You don’t have a friend in the Pats personnel department. You just don’t. If ya did, you wouldn’t be running to a message board to shout at the rooftops whatever he tells you. Also, if ya really did have a friend in the know, why wouldn’t it be true? Why would you take it for what it’s worth? Does your top secret source lie to you often? This source of yours is finishing up the paperwork but has no idea what we’ve got in return? I mean, come on people. If ya wanna talk about a topic, talk about it. No need to make up imaginary friends within the organization.

Good. Trade the bum! No TD's last season. Time to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes