PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(MOD EDIT:) SPECULATION: Gronk to be traded to Tampa Bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt terribly many teams are going to give up an asset for a player who would likely not show up.

If you can get something decent for him like a 3rd rounder, I'd do it. Otherwise, I don't see Bill helping Tom out. Still think there is bad blood between them.

They could probably trade him to a number of teams. Why Tampa Bay? Why would Belichick help Brady, especially if the compensation is a bag of potato chips?
I would think because Gronk will not play with anyone but Brady so if the Pats want any compensation at all they will trade him there.

I would love a 3rd rounder but that is probably high.

Not buying it. Gronk is done.

They could probably trade him to a number of teams. Why Tampa Bay? Why would Belichick help Brady, especially if the compensation is a bag of potato chips?

If Belichick thinks that a bag of potato chips is "what's best for the team" then he'll do the deal, not because he wants to help Brady.

Well, since he's never going to play another snap for NE, I'm highly in favor of this move since it would let the Patriots get something for a player who they'll never get anything from again.
@QuantumMechanic already behind "this move" based on anonymous message board post, but still skeptical of hydroxycloroquine based on on-the-record evidence of doctors :D

So if the source is someone working on Gronk's "un-retiring" paperwork, he would be easily identified by those within the Pats organization as there probably would only be one person working on this. I hope he doesn't get fired when BB finds out the information has been leaked.

So if the source is someone working on Gronk's "un-retiring" paperwork, he would be easily identified by those within the Pats organization as there probably would only be one person working on this. I hope he doesn't get fired when BB finds out the information has been leaked.

THIS ^^^^
Nice job shafting a friend's career.

LOL. Right. Gronk un-retiring has only been a topic since ... let me see... since he retired. Heck, even Kraft said last season that he had not filed his retired paper work and was waiting for a call from Gonk to bring him back mid-season. So now, on a message board, rife with speculation about everything appears that the paper work is in motion that person or persons will be fired? Are you kidding? This topic has been everywhere for an entire year.

Clueless ^^^
Difference being you OUTED a specific leak source
YOU said that the source only worked on un-retirement and didn't have trade info. More specifics.

Clueless ^^^
Difference being you OUTED a specific leak source
YOU said that the source only worked on un-retirement and didn't have trade info. More specifics.
All I was told was that the retirement papers were in motion. That could be a group of people or one person but they are being done. I was not told that this was a secret or could not be shared. I was told nothing of a trade. I posted the thread to discuss that possibility and what the Pats could garner.

I have my doubts anything will happen but you can easily see Gronk saying he wants to unretire specifically to play with Brady in Tampa. And if BB would trade him anywhere else he'd just retire again.

The reason BB would go along with this is because as others have said this at least turns a retired Gronk into a player or draft pick as return.

Gronk isn't going to be traded, but if he could be and the Pats could get something for him, start the trade ASAP. In a heartbeat.

This garbage is really beginning to make me angry. You don’t have a friend in the Pats personnel department. You just don’t. If ya did, you wouldn’t be running to a message board to shout at the rooftops whatever he tells you. Also, if ya really did have a friend in the know, why wouldn’t it be true? Why would you take it for what it’s worth? Does your top secret source lie to you often? This source of yours is finishing up the paperwork but has no idea what we’ve got in return? I mean, come on people. If ya wanna talk about a topic, talk about it. No need to make up imaginary friends within the organization.
LOL! I pretty much was going to say the same thing. First of all, when have we "ever" gotten information from the Patriots. We could easily list a top 10 of we would like to know. Secondly, isn't your "friend" a little worried about job security? I am thinking holyreemer's last second applies to you. If that is not the case, then Contradiction has some Florida land for you.

Quarantine seems to be affecting us all a little...differently

You do realize that members of the Pats org speak on the condition of anonymity all the time to the media and others? I mean I know we all like to think the Pats are all tied up in bubble wrap 24x7 but it is not true in the slightest.
I was having dinner with Billy (BB) the other night and he casually mentioned they were un-retiring Gronk so they could work a trade with Tampa. He did say that I should keep it under wraps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents