PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mock draft game discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to question the pick of Matthews when the Texans have a bunch of nobodies at CB with the loss of Dunta Robinson.

I don't have much of a problem with it, but my 1st choice would've been another Robinson, Patrick.

I have to question the pick of Matthews when the Texans have a bunch of nobodies at CB with the loss of Dunta Robinson.

With Haden and Thomas gone, no other CB is worth the #20 spot.

I've thought about Gresham for the bengals, but then I remembered that they never used the TE position for much other than blocking, also Zimmer knows how to use S like Mays (big hitters without excellent coverage skills a la Roy Williams)

If you know your pick is coming shortly, but you might not be here in the time slot given then simply PM someone else that you trust will be here. I'm here during the weekday morning thru late afternoon hours and I believe broadwayjoe is around in the evenings.

Thats correct I'll be around in the evenings.

So you decided to draft the guy who is too short and has stubby arms to play OLB for the Pats. *shrug* I don't see it, but BG apparently is the binky of many on this forum. I just hope that he's not the next Dan Klecko.

So you decided to draft the guy who is too short and has stubby arms to play OLB for the Pats. *shrug* I don't see it, but BG apparently is the binky of many on this forum. I just hope that he's not the next Dan Klecko.

He's one of mine. Certainly does not fit the Pats mold, but his production cannot be denied. Something the Pats have been lacking on the defensive side of the ball recently, production.

My pick for the Eagles came down to Sean Weatherspoon over Carlos Dunlap. Very tough to pass on the 4-3 pass-rushing DE Dunlap over the linebacker.

I thought the high character, team leader guy was the pick over Dunlap.

Dunlap's potential is very tempting.

Wow, Gronkowski the first TE taken in the draft and not Gresham. I'm not criticizing you, I like it and probably would have done the same.

Last edited:
Wow, Gronkowski the first TE taken in the draft and not Gresham. I'm not criticizing you, I like it and probably would have done the same.

Alright then I'll criticize. Stinky pick. If you wanted to argue for Gronk based on Gresham's injury , good luck. Gronk missed all of last year with a back injury. These guys are'nt comparible prospects. Your probably rolling the dice with either one. Production, production, production.

i think Jared Odrick, would have been the best pick for the revans with Trevor Pryce, being 35 and Dwan Edwards, now with the bills.

i think Jared Odrick, would have been the best pick for the revans with Trevor Pryce, being 35 and Dwan Edwards, now with the bills.

The way I see it Odrick end's up being a Raven or a Jet!

At 23 I gave Charles Brown to the Packers, since he seems like a good match. But since Kampman is gone, Jerry Hughes would have been a good choice too.

I really wanted to give the Best, but perhaps too risky.

At 23 I gave Charles Brown to the Packers, since he seems like a good match. But since Kampman is gone, Jerry Hughes would have been a good choice too.

Tackle is the right pick for them. Rogers got rag dolled last year. I don't know who your other choices were but Tackle was a good call.

The Packers re-signed Clifton and Tauscher, just an FYI

I have a busy day tomorrow, so I'll PM Bakes my Cowboys pick.

My pick for the Eagles came down to Sean Weatherspoon over Carlos Dunlap. Very tough to pass on the 4-3 pass-rushing DE Dunlap over the linebacker.

I thought the high character, team leader guy was the pick over Dunlap.

Dunlap's potential is very tempting.

Weatherspoon is a great pick. He looks to be in the Willis/Mayo mold - a versatile, sideline to sideline linebacker. He's a way BETTER 1st round pick than Dunlap who is overrated, has a poor work ethic, and has other character risks such as that DUI.

PS Gronkowski over Gresham? Better hope his health holds up! Interesting call there...

Last edited:
Got it thanks

On your criticism, I agree either TE would be risky, but the Ravens are in the fortunate position to take a risk IMO. They've added Boldin and resigned Mason so taking a WR seemed out of the question. And when you consider IMO the highest rated guy Demaryius is just as risky as the TEs I felt having a big target in the middle was the best option. DL was considered as well as CB, but they've spent a lot of high draft picks on the defense and I felt with a good young QB in the mix it was a good time to replace Heap, his safety valve.

Well I agreed with TE as the pick here. I just thought Gronkowski was the riskier pick (over Gresham) although he does have higher upside IF he can stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes