PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mock draft game discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vote for Anthony Davis

I will also vote for Anthony Davis.

I have to step out for a few hours but I am ready to pick at 14 was hoping to do that earlier in the day, but I will be back shortly.

resdubwhite and I vote Anthony Davis as well.

anthony davis sounds good to me. time to go post it up

Trent Williams, CJ Spiller or Earl Thomas.

sorry guys i thought i had till 8pm over there to make my pick. I'm in australia so i must have got my times wrong. I am happy with the anthony davis pick tho.

Two guys I want for the Steelers are still there, hope they are when it comes to pick #18 tomorrow (i'll likely be picking an hour after my time as that is when i'm home from work)

Two guys I want for the Steelers are still there, hope they are when it comes to pick #18 tomorrow (i'll likely be picking an hour after my time as that is when i'm home from work)

Just remember that the time to the right of your name is the deadline time. As long as you make your selection before 12 pm eastern time that will be fine. Your starting time is 10 am.

Yeah, oops.

Kinda forgot about that.

Hopefully the 49ers pick comes in the next half hour before I decide to sleep.

If not, i'll PM just in case.

Yeah, oops.

Kinda forgot about that.

Hopefully the 49ers pick comes in the next half hour before I decide to sleep.

If not, i'll PM just in case.

You're good Pittsburgh is on the clock.

Was choosing between Spiller and Iupati.

But a backfield of Mendenhall and Spiller would be up there with the best in the league. Think Carolina of 09 or Titans of 08.

Mendenhall pounds the rock for 3 quarters while Spiller provides another option for Ben out of the backfield. Then 4th quarter, Spiller takes on the flagging defenses.

It also provides them with an awesome kick returner for their Special Teams.

I think if Spiller was there at #18, the Steelers would trade back and allow someone else to get the stud who has dropped.

Was choosing between Spiller and Iupati.

But a backfield of Mendenhall and Spiller would be up there with the best in the league. Think Carolina of 09 or Titans of 08.

Mendenhall pounds the rock for 3 quarters while Spiller provides another option for Ben out of the backfield. Then 4th quarter, Spiller takes on the flagging defenses.

It also provides them with an awesome kick returner for their Special Teams.

I think if Spiller was there at #18, the Steelers would trade back and allow someone else to get the stud who has dropped.

Interesting Pick. I could see it. Willie Parker would probably be traded on draft day.
------------------
Being San Diego, I need a RB badly. At #28, I don't like Best and Spiller is gone. Tough Decision. I'll have to reach on a early 2nd round back.

sorry guys i thought i had till 8pm over there to make my pick. I'm in australia so i must have got my times wrong. I am happy with the anthony davis pick tho.

I saw your pick prior to finding out that they had made it for you. I was evaluating the first round and concluded that he was the best pick. I wanted to take Davis at the 5 spot... He's going to be the best T that comes out of this draft. So your gettin an A even when your not trying....;)

Morgan not falling to me at 17 was a killer would have loved a pass rusher. I was very very torn between spiller and Thomas. The sext pick would have been spiller and i even had his name typed in. But the bigger need was with the secondary and i think thomas has what it takes to make plays. Plus i am a closet frank gore fan and their reserve RB (Morgan?) played well also last year.

I believe the Steelers would take Iupati. But it's all good.

Interesting Pick. I could see it. Willie Parker would probably be traded on draft day.
------------------
Being San Diego, I need a RB badly. At #28, I don't like Best and Spiller is gone. Tough Decision. I'll have to reach on a early 2nd round back.

Willie isn't with the Steelers anymore.. He's a UFA.

Willie isn't with the Steelers anymore.. He's a UFA.

Wow, he's 29 with not alot of mileage,former two time probowler. Surprised noone has picked him up yet.

I agree. I think Mendenhall has proven he;s the man.

The way I looked at it was this:

1) It's a 2 back league and I think they need someone better than Mewelde Moore to back up Mendenhall and Spiller could also be used to split carries so he wouldn't be ran into the ground.

2) Steelers take the best player available most years and don't worry about the need. 2009 they took Ziggy Hood despite O-Line being their biggest need.

2008 they took Mendenhall after he fell into their laps at #23.

I say the same happens again and they take the Stud rather than possibly reach for Iupati.

Wow, he's 29 with not alot of mileage,former two time probowler. Surprised noone has picked him up yet.
He's sloooooowwwww Willie Parker now, with no inside game to offset his decline.

He was scheduled to visit the Chiefs, but they signed Thomas Jones instead and cancelled the visit with Parker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe