PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF pregame thread: Pats @ Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get from Syracuse to Buffalo in an hour and a half?? That's like 150 miles . . . you're flying, man. I live in Rochester, right between the two of those cities, and it takes me almost an hour and a half to get into Buffalo. Unless you're way on the western side of Syracuse, and counting time to get to the stadium -- I dunno, I'm a little nervous to drive on I-90 if you're zooming around there. ;)
I've driven that stretch in upstate and western NY a few times. Seems like the closer you get to Buffalo the way more NYSP cars are around. Wouldn't want to try to make the Syracuse-Buffalo trip in 1.5 hours if you know what I mean :)

Seth Meyers Time GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Here's a live shot of me at work, hoping the clock would move faster

Not sure why this board is focused on the #1 seed. This isn't 2007. Think back to the late 90s. Young QB. Trying just to make the playoffs. Let's take it one step at a time here with this team. Qualify for the tournament then possibly win the division. If that gets the team a bye then great.

How does buffalo’s run defense compare to their pass defense?

How do you get from Syracuse to Buffalo in an hour and a half?? That's like 150 miles . . . you're flying, man. I live in Rochester, right between the two of those cities, and it takes me almost an hour and a half to get into Buffalo. Unless you're way on the western side of Syracuse, and counting time to get to the stadium -- I dunno, I'm a little nervous to drive on I-90 if you're zooming around there. ;)

This will be a great test of Mac's accuracy in poor weather. I like our chances to line up and run the ball as the more physical team. Let's come out of tonight with a statement win and CotY accolades for BB.

Zero chance they make the trip from Cuse to Buffalo in 1.5 hours.

Impossible.

Point Forecast:
Orchard Park NY

Tonight
Rain and snow showers likely before 1am, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Windy, with a west wind 26 to 31 mph decreasing to 18 to 23 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Point Forecast:
Orchard Park NY

Tonight
Rain and snow showers likely before 1am, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Windy, with a west wind 26 to 31 mph decreasing to 18 to 23 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Expect a lot of running tonight. Mac doesnt have the arm for that wind.

Not sure why this board is focused on the #1 seed. This isn't 2007. Think back to the late 90s. Young QB. Trying just to make the playoffs. Let's take it one step at a time here with this team. Qualify for the tournament then possibly win the division. If that gets the team a bye then great.

Because they can beat any team in the AFC and the first round bye would give them a big advantage over the competition. Given the parity this year, there is no reason to be satisfied with just making the playoff.

For instance, KC are again the favorites in the minds of many. @KC would be tough (although they still don’t look right on offense) but I’d like the Pats chances in Foxboro.

In addition to being a Pats fan/addict for almost 40 years, I also put $250 on them to win the SB in March at +4500, so it’s SB or bust for me.

Bills are 6th in rush defense and 2nd in pass defense.
And #1 in Defense DVOA.
With White. Will be interesting to see if they can adjust. Their safety duo is excellent.

Zero chance they make the trip from Cuse to Buffalo in 1.5 hours.

Impossible.

At least there's one thing I can agree with Bills fans about!

People always give me dirty looks around here, like I'm a traitor to the region or something. The reality is that I grew up outside of Boston, and my family moved out here in my teens for work, so I actually stayed true to my roots and cheered for my original home team. That first Super Bowl win was a magical thing! I didn't know that we were going to turn into a magnificent dynasty back then.

I can't speak for everyone else, but here at my keyboard, I never thought it would be in play this year. Naturally, I am focused on it because they have control of their destiny. Win out and you're the #1. Is it important? Not really. Would it be great to have it? You betcha. Even better to twist up the other 31 fan bases. To your point, you can bet down on route 1, they are only focused on getting in at this point.

Their schedule is harder.
We play each other twice = wash
They play Tampa (harder) we play Indy (easier)
They play Carolina Atlanta Jete we play Jax and Miami.
A wash, except theirs is harder because it’s 3 games rather than 2

Bills need this win more because they are at home. If they lose they are a game and a half behind heading to Tampa and having to come to Foxboro.
Maybe, but I don't think that game at MIA is a gimme.

Point Forecast:
Orchard Park NY

Tonight
This isn't quite the right forecast, it doesn't target the 8 to 11 timeframe. The forecast is unchanged the past 2 days: mid 30's, no precipitation. The winds will be 25-30 mph steady, with gusts in the high 40's. Which is insane wind and will affect even the shotgun snaps, not to mention every throw and every kick. When the wind's at our backs we have to take advantage, including going for it on 4th downs.

Only the 1 seed gets a bye. That and every game at home probably triples a teams chance of getting to the SB.

Maybe, but I don't think that game at MIA is a gimme.
Nope it's not.

I would rather see them in week 18 with little at stake. I think the Dolphins have a decent shot at winning out until that game.

Last edited:
I would tend to doubt it will just be Jackson. They'll need a team effort if the gameplan is to minimize his impact.
I suspect we'll see a lot of targets to Knox and Beasley if they put 2 on Diggs. Then there's Sanders. Davis is no slouch. Gotta hope for high winds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back