PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF pregame thread: Pats @ Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
1638142311148.png
We know now that the 2021 Pats are a playoff worthy team. Now this is the game where we'll start to learn how much potential this team really has in January.

Pats record vs winning teams: 3-2
Bills record vs winning teams: 1-2

Pats vs division: 2-1
Bills vs division: 3-0

Common games so far (vs AFC East, vs NFC South, vs AFC South) - this might matter as a division tiebreaker
Pats 6-3 with 3 to play (Colts, Jags, Dolphins)
Bills 5-3 with 4 to play (Falcons, Bucs, Panthers, Jets)

Probably the toughest game since our streak started. I think their run d is a good matchup for us, but itll be tough going in there against a great qb. our plan will probably be to concentrate on allen / concede the run and see if they’re willing to stick with it.

super excited for this one, win and I believe we’ll be in control of the 1 seed with colts/bills/jags/fins left

8-4 with 5 to play.
We haven't clinched playoffs yet so I was messing around with the playoff machine hoping to find a playoff clinching scenario for us if we beat the Bills and get to 9-4 - but the Dolphins could still catch us even if they lose next week to fall to 5-8. That freaking week 1 fumble.

Oh well guess we'll have to wait a couple more weeks. LOL

Is this going to be the game where we run by passing? It’s gonna be tough away though but Mac and the receivers are getting better each game.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The way our defense is playing they should be able to hopefully keep Allen in check.

Losing white is big for them too

Bills #1 CB is out for the year.

You have the side where you can throw to...

Bills stats and Patriots stats for 2021 (as a team) is fairly even in Rushing & Passing (albeit Bills ahead overall).

I think if you confuse Josh like Patriots did in the AFC championship game against the Chiefs (Mahomes) it may work.

1638148634540.png

Last edited:
*Checks Calendar* - ohh this board is also back... :)

Offensive key foe us: more touchdowns, less field goals! A bunch of field goals might not be enough for us.

defensive key for us: defensive line needs to get off blocks, clog the gaps and contain allen in case he takes off.

Pats record vs winning teams: 3-2
Bills record vs winning teams: 1-2

Pats vs division: 2-1
Bills vs division: 3-0

Common games so far (vs AFC East, vs NFC South, vs AFC South) - this might matter as a division tiebreaker
Pats 6-3 with 3 to play (Colts, Jags, Dolphins)
Bills 5-3 with 4 to play (Falcons, Bucs, Panthers, Jets)
Because of our Miami loss, it’s pretty likely that we won’t have the tiebreaker against the bills unless we beat them both times. We have a division loss, they don’t. So basically, to win the division, we’ll either have to win both bills games or split them and outplay Buffalo by one game in our other remaining games (like say we win all other games and they lose to the Bucs)

the bears and giants are one game out of a playoff spot? Lmao wtf
Looking at the NFC, I hate to say this around here for fear of sparking another conflagration, but the only QBs you look at and know you can count on in a close playoff game - Brady and Rodgers (and Rodgers hasn't been that guy since he was like 29).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes