PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF pregame thread: Pats @ Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats have the 4th best chance of winning the SB, according to 538...

Bills losing their #1 CB is HUGE.

What they're saying:

Some typical opponent fan stuff, crying about Mac throwing 5 yard passes and getting YAC, Pats get all the ref calls, "Belicheat", blah blah blah. A lot of respect for the Pats too. Lot of them seem cautiously optimistic and they should be, they have a really good team.

Let's Go!!!!

Reactions: sb1
JC on Diggs ???

JC on Diggs ???

Sometimes, but I would be VERY surprised if we weren't 80+% in zone this game. Not only is it the best use of our current secondary talent, but Allen is a good runner who will absolutely take advantage if all of our DB's have their backs turned running in man with what is a pretty deep Bills WR group. I think whichever side Diggs is on is going to get dedicated safety help either way.

So, is it better to contain Allen or try and chase him out of the pocket ??

No way in hell are they looking ahead to tampa instead of the team that is currently ahead of them in the AFC EAST.
The Bills obviously hate the Pats, but they might despise Brady even more.

The Bills obviously hate the Pats, but they might despise Brady even more.
Their fans might but I'm sure the team is focused on next week as they should be. If they lose on Monday night then the odds are not zero that they'll lose 3 in a row and then all of a sudden their playoff spot is not a sure thing anymore.

Pats have the 4th best chance of winning the SB, according to 538...

Weird prediction, it shows they have less than a 50 percent shot to even win their own division. Also it shows the lions have a .1% shot, so this is not accurate.

The pressure is on Allen and the Bills at home Monday night.

Bills run their share of RPO. 6th in the league. Gotta stop Allen on 3rd down, he is a weapon that can get the first with his legs.
1638215260010.png

They also run the most passes from play-action in the league. That's interesting since their run game isn't really anything special.

Curious if the crowned field in Buffalo will effect Mac’s passing accuracy.
Brady mentioned the fields crown took some getting used to.

I find it hard to believe that the Pats will lose the last game before the bye. BB has the team on autopilot basically hitting on all cylinders although the run defense needs to tighten up after the Titans game.

Buffalo has Tampa after MNF. Will they get caught looking ahead?

The game that concerns me is Indy. The Pats sometimes return from extended time off sleep walking. Wienzte is quietly having a great season and overall, the Colts are a very good team. This will be a tough game.
I'm sure BB is breathing heavy down the front 7s neck. If we can get more forced fumbles out of everyone (legit play by Mr Int on that) it helps, but I'm sure McDermott is telling the Bills to not bread loaf carry the football this game.

So, is it better to contain Allen or try and chase him out of the pocket ??
As some other posters have said - get pressure with four. Set the edge and try to get pressure with the IDL, cut off the scramble on the outside and hope either zone can get some fiesty pass breakups or jump in front/man can lockup enough for pressure to get home. People are going to have to play their keys well though! Super looking forward to this one!

Weird prediction, it shows they have less than a 50 percent shot to even win their own division. Also it shows the lions have a .1% shot, so this is not accurate.
I mean a meteor could hit all the other division members and the Lions are the last team alive? *shrug*

JJ Taylor was placed on the COVID list today but our big backs look fine. Hopefully he infected no teammates. Here's another concern:

Byard was all over our skill players.

I wish the Patriots RUN plays are more outside (left and right) plays than straight up the gut...
Titans stuffed the middle during run plays and only a few times where the Patriots RB decides to run on the outside, which gained yardage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back