PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF pregame thread: Pats @ Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to believe that the Pats will lose the last game before the bye. BB has the team on autopilot basically hitting on all cylinders although the run defense needs to tighten up after the Titans game.

Buffalo has Tampa after MNF. Will they get caught looking ahead?

The game that concerns me is Indy. The Pats sometimes return from extended time off sleep walking. Wienzte is quietly having a great season and overall, the Colts are a very good team. This will be a tough game.

The game that concerns me is Indy. The Pats sometimes return from extended time off sleep walking. Wienzte is quietly having a great season and overall, the Colts are a very good team. This will be a tough game.

DId you see Wentz play yesterday? Horrible decision-making by him plus the other turnovers (muffed punt, etc), which are the only reasons why Tampa won that game.

Both BUF games will be a challenge but missing White is huge.

Indy is capable of making things difficult - especially if the same bad angle taking, undisciplined run D shows up vs Taylor.

JAX should be a win.

MIA should be a win. Payback is in order.

Both BUF games will be a challenge but missing White is huge.

Indy is capable of making things difficult - especially if the same bad angle taking, undisciplined run D shows up vs Taylor.

JAX should be a win.

MIA should be a win. Payback is in order.

At worst the go 3-2 during the last 5 games with losses Buffalo (road) and Indy and wins vs Buffalo (home), Miami, and Jax. But if we want the 1 seed we can't afford to lose any games.

I think there will be similar problems defensively for the bills as the browns & titans games. They probably won't get pressure with a four man rush & their CB group without White won't hold up vs. the pats WRs either.

Unless the bills change up their D & become blitz heavy the first week without their all-pro CB the pats have a pretty good chance to win this game offensively.

DId you see Wentz play yesterday? Horrible decision-making by him plus the other turnovers (muffed punt, etc), which are the only reasons why Tampa won that game.
306 passing yards and 3 TDs. The 2nd INT was a desperation throw.

Wentz is playing really well. Prior to yesterday, Wentz only had 3 INTs all year. Carson Wentz Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

Wow, these pre game threads are coming out quicker each week...I remember when they would start on Tuesday or Wednesday.....

5 games to go including our bye week. I like where we're at as a team. Isn't Jamie Collins eligible to come back this week?

Bills basically live in 11 personnel (sometimes even 10). They're not a good running team, not only because of the players they have but it's just not part of their offensive philosophy. They use the short passing game as an extension of the run. They want the ball in Allen's hands because their best playmakers are at the skill positions (and in Allen's legs).

In a way, we're better suited for it this year than last year. It's just too hard to consistently play man all game against this offense. Their WR will eventually win, and Allen will run if guys aren't able to keep an eye on him. But this year we've played more zone than we have in a LONG time, and we have the guys on the backend to play that well. This shouldn't be a big Bentley/Hightower game. I expect a lot of Nickel (both big and normal) and dime. I wouldn't be surprised if McCourty, Phillips, Dugger, Jackson, Mills, and Bryant all play 80+% of the snaps. Anytime you can bait Buffalo into running, it's a win for your defense, and if they want to throw into 7 and 8 man coverage, I like our chances of picking a few off.

Offensively, we need to run the ball. We don't have a Jonathan Taylor, but we have the OL and RB to absolutely do what the Colts did to some extent. Keep Mac balanced and, without White, there will be spots to pick at in this pass defense.

Toughest game since the Cowboys, but IMO we're a better team (and Mac is a better QB) than we were then. Should be fun!

I absolutely love these type games!

Divisional rival, both teams have have everything to play for, both teams are good, and the outcome really matters!
Pats win 1 game and they basically go up 2 games on the Bills. This is exciting!!
GO PATS!!

Wow, these pre game threads are coming out quicker each week...I remember when they would start on Tuesday or Wednesday.....

5 games to go including our bye week. I like where we're at as a team. Isn't Jamie Collins eligible to come back this week?
It’s @sb1 who has been starting most of them I think

Reactions: sb1

I've started them right away and the team is winning. Don't want to change it up and jinx anything ;)

I believe he is. This would be a great matchup for him to come back for, though with the bye week coming right after I wonder how much they'd push it if he's not 100% (especially with another Bills game coming up so soon after).

I always forget with Monday night games: Is the practice schedule pushed back a day? So our first real injury report would be Thursday?

They got no shot...JK

Doesn't Allen revert to his rookie bad technique when you pressure him? I would expect corner and safety blitzes all day long. Need to beat this guy. His time is over.

Pats are 3 point underdogs for this game. Being in Buffalo and a 3 point home cushion the oddsmakers have these as two evenly matched teams.

Buffalo (Orchard Park NY) forecast for next Monday. This far in advance sometimes the Sunday and Tuesday forecasts move to Monday. so threw them in here. Cold but not too bad I think.
1638199200781.png

I find it hard to believe that the Pats will lose the last game before the bye. BB has the team on autopilot basically hitting on all cylinders although the run defense needs to tighten up after the Titans game.

No way in hell are they looking ahead to tampa instead of the team that is currently ahead of them in the AFC EAST.

I hope they're looking ahead to that game. They'll be further behind in the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back