PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MLB removes Pot from banned list ... NFL next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, these are the sorts of interactions I'm referring to. The nurse interviewed talks about how the antibiotic dose is doubled on Cannabis.

Also, the doctor interviewed states there are hardly any interactions, but then he says this: "“For instance, when we’re treating someone that’s on pain medication and we introduce cannabis, we will cut their [antibiotic] dose in half immediately and they get the same benefits as they would, and the same reactions as if they were taking the full amount.”

This is astounding. He makes it sound like a good thing, when the reality is that most people prescribed antibiotics do not tell their doctor they are smoking/ingesting marijuana. This means they are taking higher doses of antibiotics, and the side effects can be horrendous (and sometimes permanent, with things like neuropathy). And yet there have been no studies.

I'm not knocking Cannabis at all. It is a life-saver for many, and it can overtake pharma drugs like SSRIs in usefulness, but it is a little like the Wild West out there with information/knowledge in such short supply.

Yes, these are the sorts of interactions I'm referring to. The nurse interviewed talks about how the antibiotic dose is doubled on Cannabis.

Also, the doctor interviewed states there are hardly any interactions, but then he says this: "“For instance, when we’re treating someone that’s on pain medication and we introduce cannabis, we will cut their [antibiotic] dose in half immediately and they get the same benefits as they would, and the same reactions as if they were taking the full amount.”

This is astounding. He makes it sound like a good thing, when the reality is that most people prescribed antibiotics do not tell their doctor they are smoking/ingesting marijuana. This means they are taking higher doses of antibiotics, and the side effects can be horrendous (and sometimes permanent, with things like neuropathy). And yet there have been no studies.

I'm not knocking Cannabis at all. It is a life-saver for many, and it can overtake pharma drugs like SSRIs in usefulness, but it is a little like the Wild West out there with information/knowledge in such short supply.

SSRIs are scary as hell, too. They're playing with levels of chemicals in the brain about which we only know about 10% of what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back