PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MLB Playoffs 2019

Ex
There is nothing more pathetic than taking it upon yourself to decide who is or isn’t a “true fan”. I’ve lived here for ages and the nationals fans are just as real as anyone else. People get angry around here if the Redskins are even brought up anymore and many have just taken to calling them THE FOOTBALL TEAM. The statement that this is a redskins town was maybe true a decade ago but it’s not anymore. Those of us who live here and listen to the sports radio around here would know.

The thing is everyone here is from out of town and have adopted the Nationals as their new hometown team, particularly those who've lived here for 5 years plus. DC is unique like that - something which people outside the region don't understand.

There is nothing more pathetic than taking it upon yourself to decide who is or isn’t a “true fan”. I’ve lived here for ages and the nationals fans are just as real as anyone else. People get angry around here if the Redskins are even brought up anymore and many have just taken to calling them THE FOOTBALL TEAM. The statement that this is a redskins town was maybe true a decade ago but it’s not anymore. Those of us who live here and listen to the sports radio around here would know.

Maybe it's just the people I see on the Metro, but it seems like I see Caps shirts and stuff the most, then Nats and then Skins. Maybe that'll change with the WS win, though.

The thing is everyone here is from out of town and have adopted the Nationals as their new hometown team, particularly those who've lived here for 5 years plus. DC is unique like that - something which people outside the region don't understand.

Out in the Virginia burbs you run into people who were born here and it seems like a lot of them are still die-hard Skins fans.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back